Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Festive gargling. I mean racing

Options
  • 23-12-2015 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭

Well fella's, what sticks out over the Festive period for you?

Have to say im all over Vatour at the 3/1 or even 7/2 mark in the KG. Im not sure Don is a 9/4 shot..
    Have backed Vatour to win the KG and GC (special double) and might back him in singles again before the race.

Hopefully Faugheen bounces back to form.
    And looking forward to seeing Douvan.

Aside from the big races i've yet to look at the handicaps. Any fancies??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

i quite like the look of jers girl in the novice hurdle at leopardstown on the 26th. Bolted up at Aintree the last day

Also Sire de grugy is tempting me at 7/2 against sprinter

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I seen SDG 4/1 somewhere - has to be an e/w steal and SS could well bounce.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Jers girl as well for me. She was ultra impressive on her hurdling race in lmk, jumping really slick, dare I say our Conor-esque in her style, maybe it was the white splash of Jeremy across her face that reminded me of him. Anyway, she will do for me

Tour des champs in the welsh national, impressive cd lto, course experience will help, seems in fine fettle, missed the 20/1.

I've had a few cuts at Sizing Gold in the Paddy Power Chase.

• Advertisement

What price this Jers Girl?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Slattsy wrote: »
    What price this Jers Girl?

3-1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Slattsy wrote: »
    Well fella's, what sticks out over the Festive period for you?

Have to say im all over Vatour at the 3/1 or even 7/2 mark in the KG. Im not sure Don is a 9/4 shot..
    Have backed Vatour to win the KG and GC (special double) and might back him in singles again before the race.

Hopefully Faugheen bounces back to form.
    And looking forward to seeing Douvan.

Aside from the big races i've yet to look at the handicaps. Any fancies??

Ladbrokes money back if SP fav wins... Prob worth doing your single bet in there

Of the hotpots, I think faugheen might just shock a few people once again. He lugged badly in his recent defeat. Perhaps alls not well. Time will tell if the machine has still got that sparkle....

BumperD wrote: »
    Jers girl as well for me. She was ultra impressive on her hurdling race in lmk, jumping really slick, dare I say our Conor-esque in her style, maybe it was the white splash of Jeremy across her face that reminded me of him. Anyway, she will do for me

Ranshan in the same race somehow escaped my radar. While he has to concede weight to the filly and jumping not as fluid, his form is stronger having bagged the Gr 2 lto. This is giving me pause. Will decide at Stephens day, between the two of them

• Advertisement

Had another look at the King George

I wouldn't be surprised if blinkers were applied come the Gold Cup for Don Cosack. He had to be bumped along for the last mile had seemed to be looking around him rather than staying focused on the job at hand. Not saying the result would be different but....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoPSBC_G-P4

Thoughts?

DC wins if he stays up.
    He's always niggled along like that in his races.

Blinkers?

Doesnt need them.

Don Poli a penalty kick tomorrow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭droidman123

BumperD wrote: »
    Don Poli a penalty kick tomorrow ?

Same as un de sceaux today :)

:D

Have looked again at the 3 mile hurdle. Was thinking artic fire wouldn't stay but he ran really well lto when held up & finished with a flourish. Im on alpha des obeaux already but not as confident as I was. Given artic fire is going back to 2m after this, it would be a poor reflection on our staying hurlders if one cannot beat him. Martello tower will love that ground

Jaysus its real angela's ashes weather in limerick. Grim

Backed martello tower myself @7\2. Had him at 14\1 after a tip at Cheltenham,I got a huge payday as I also had a tenner ew on milsean who was just beaten @50/1.I didn't know weather to laugh or cry.I think martello tower has a great chance for mags today

• Advertisement

Backed Blaire Parrone in yhis ans will have a few bob on MT too.

Typical O'Regan ride there. Possibly should have won?

The horse is a 2miler so I'm guessing the ground meant he held it up to get the trip in that bog. Raced wide throughout to get better ground. He ran a cracker & nearly got there

Seemed too casual coming round the bend, while everyone else at it and seeemd to get behind midway too.
    You'd almost wonder if Martin told him to only go for it if the race fell apart, otherwise finish in your own time.

Each way money landed anyway.

Martello Tower in the next, small bet.

Possibly. I guess there was zero cash for him but he did win at this meeting last yr so imagine he was trying. I may be wrong

I nearly back Russian Bill last night at 14s, just seen the result; 2nd at 7/1 !!!

He was well punted and looked the winner

I've changed my bet from small to large on Martello Tower after i've realised he's won first time out the last 2 years.

Jaysus. That Russian Bill form looking top class :D

• Advertisement

That was mighty impressive from dicosimo

Advertisement