Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match thread Leinster v Toulon 17.15 Aviva Stadium

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

This wasn't a bad defeat. Denied them getting a winning BP.

The downside: the pack were simply demolished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Sticking with the positives; McCarthy is in fabulous form. Would not be at all surprised if he gets a run in the Six Nations.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Sticking with the positives; McCarthy is in fabulous form. Would not be at all surprised if he gets a run in the Six Nations.

He's having a great season. I hope his injury wasn't serious yesterday. His contract negotiations should go well because Leinster simply have to keep him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,607 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Does anyone else feel sob may find himself with a 6 on his back when he returns. Vdf for me should stay in a fully fit starting team.

errlloyd wrote: »
    Does anyone else feel sob may find himself with a 6 on his back when he returns. Vdf for me should stay in a fully fit starting team.

Not sure tbh, have said it before but we really missed SOB these two games, especially last week. May not hit 19 tackles but we'd hold onto more of our own ball and get more of theirs on top of more gain line advantage. The biggest loser with VdFs form is Jordi.

• Advertisement

LorMal wrote: »
    Players and coaches have been called crap by supporters since God was a lad. You can disagree and that's fine. But your opinion is no more valid than his. Rugby knowledge snobbery is hilarious.

What are you talking about? With the supporters that we all know and you and I know my opinions on these things and when you bring God into this I just don't see how the league will survive. Now its crazy and out there but maybe if they made the winners trophy BOD shaped that might help but other than my province I think everything else is going backwards with straight to ground and it's boring but what do I know.

Someone shouted a Happy Gilmore quote

https://youtu.be/1pm4KfSdU9Y?t=138

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

errlloyd wrote: »

Can we drop Rhys though? He was in great form yesterday. To be honest there were a boat load of positives from yesterday. McGrath had a great game and has surely solidified his position. Healy is starting to find some form again too in fairness. I thought Strauss played well, Moore when he came on was good, Maccer was very good again, our starting back row were all excellent, Sexton is coming back into form and Luke was outstanding.

We had a few penalties where we went to the corner looking for tries that had we been in a better place in the pool going into the game would have been shots at goal. And had we been in that mindset then it's another game we could well have won.

Unlike last season and the season before where we at times got wins that maybe we didn't fully deserve this season we seem to be earning it more and getting less. But unlike previous seasons when I felt we'd eventually be found out this season I feel we'll eventually click. Performances on the pitch can give a good insight into where we'll be going forward and I'm more enthused despite the losses this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

One thing I am happy about is despite all the commotion around Nonu he was completely outplayed by Fitzgerald, in both games.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

The commentators mentioned a few times about the impact the front row changes had but I think McCarthy adds so much to the Leinster scrum as well as impact around the field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

hogandrew wrote: »
    The commentators mentioned a few times about the impact the front row changes had but I think McCarthy adds so much to the Leinster scrum as well as impact around the field.

Completely. He was the missing man in bath IIRC?

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JPCN1

.ak wrote: »
    One thing I am happy about is despite all the commotion around Nonu he was completely outplayed by Fitzgerald, in both games.

Playing very well alright. Perhaps Henshaw at fullback as Kearney not impressing greatly. McCloskey also in a rich vein of form. Good problems for Joe to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,110 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Loved watching Moore in the scrum, he was excellent. He demolished the Toulon LH repeatedly. You could tell by how far up Armitage was coming, there were a couple of scrums where he was practically shoulder to shoulder with his LH.

Would love to see a breakdown of the scrums from the match. Healy seemed to be struggling in that area, not an unusual occurrence recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭flouncer

JPCN1 wrote: »
    Playing very well alright. Perhaps Henshaw at fullback as Kearney not impressing greatly. McCloskey also in a rich vein of form. Good problems for Joe to have.
    From talking to Joe over the weekend first choice team will be
    Toh
    Trimble
    Henshaw
    Fitzgerald
    Healy
    Sexton
    Marmion
    Buckley
    Cronin
    White
    Toner
    Muldowney
    Henry
    Connolly
    Masterson

Whole new strategy. Screw this defensive game and let's play interesting rugby was his opinion :-)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

flouncer wrote: »
    Toh
    Trimble
    Henshaw
    Fitzgerald
    Healy
    Sexton
    Marmion
    Buckley
    Cronin
    White
    Toner
    Muldowney
    Henry
    Connolly
    Masterson

Whole new strategy. Screw this defensive game and let's play interesting rugby was his opinion :-)

Did I read that right as Healy playing 11?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Stheno wrote: »
    Did I read that right as Healy playing 11?

matt healy, connacht winger :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

aimee1 wrote: »
    matt healy, connacht winger :)

:o Still learning all the provincial players :o

Toh
    Trimble
    Henshaw
    Fitzgerald
    Healy
    Sexton
    Marmion
    Buckley
    Cronin
    White
    Toner
    Muldowney
    Henry
    Connolly
    Masterson

Think your looking for the Ireland thread

More likely misplaced the Connacht thread :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Mixed fortunes today Ulster did well but Connacht did badly. Lets hope its a good game when they play each other. I'm on the fence. Ulster seem far stronger and they have a fair few foreign players on the team. Connacht are in a good form. Hate for them to loose it on the night. A good well refed contest would be fine.

• Advertisement

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    Mixed fortunes today Ulster did well but Connacht did badly. Lets hope its a good game when they play each other. I'm on the fence. Ulster seem far stronger and they have a fair few foreign players on the team. Connacht are in a good form. Hate for them to loose it on the night. A good well refed contest would be fine.

Connacht's injuries were always going to catch up on them at some stage

Not really. Have such a talented getup available against ulster u would wish to have it in any other province

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

This isn't the Connacht or Ulster thread folks

They have been desperately unlucky with injuries - I think they could only name 22 for today's match, and they picked up another couple of injuries.

Not really. Have such a talented getup available against ulster u would wish to have it in any other province

it does when you travel with only 22 players and have a makeshift team with players out of position, im not expert on connachts entire squad but the media soudbites ive heard/read over the last few days indicated this and eventually it hurts a team

Well I think Leinster will still have to play well to beat Connacht on 1 January, and something like yesterday if we hope to get a BP.

it does when you travel with only 22 players and have a makeshift team with players out of position, im not expert on connachts entire squad but the media soudbites ive heard/read over the last few days indicated this and eventually it hurts a team

Zzippys point is correct. Apologies. I hope ye all learn more about connacht

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

http://gfycat.com/AggressiveQuarterlyKoodoo

This really was silly from Delon

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

CatFromHue wrote: »
    http://gfycat.com/AggressiveQuarterlyKoodoo

This really was silly from Delon

I can't understand how what Healy did deserved a yellow card but that did not. Don't get me wrong, I agreed with Healys yellow. It just seems to be that a cheap shot like that is is deserving of one too. Sure he didn't whack him in the head, but still....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭leftleg

Maybe they are sick of banning/yellow carding Felon at this stage.

Advertisement