Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match thread Leinster v Toulon 17.15 Aviva Stadium

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

leftleg wrote: »
    Maybe they are sick of banning/yellow carding Felon at this stage.

How could anyone ever grow sick of that? Surely it's seen as a massive perk!? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

molloyjh wrote: »
    I can't understand how what Healy did deserved a yellow card but that did not. Don't get me wrong, I agreed with Healys yellow. It just seems to be that a cheap shot like that is is deserving of one too. Sure he didn't whack him in the head, but still....

Must say I was really surprised that wasn't an instant yellow card for any player - off the ball, late, no arms and the player's back was turned away. Very cheap shot.

Sad to say, but if Reddan had taken a breather after that it would have been a card. Obviously that isn't a road to go down but refs are a bit too influenced by how players react.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭leftleg

Sangre wrote: »
    Must say I was really surprised that wasn't an instant yellow card for any player - off the ball, late, no arms and the player's back was turned away. Very cheap shot.

Sad to say, but if Reddan had taken a breather after that it would have been a card. Obviously that isn't a road to go down but refs are a bit too influenced by how players react.

shows the difference between barnes and owens unfortunately

shows the difference between barnes and owens unfortunately

Also shows the difference between Reddan and a lot of French players lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭typhoony

isa nacewa looks like a player well past his prime, any games I've seen him in he's missed a few 1st up tackles, looks undecided in attack with no pace or guile left in the tank, the only thing he has left to offer is his chip kick. good captain though

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,296 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

typhoony wrote: »
    isa nacewa looks like a player well past his prime, any games I've seen him in he's missed a few 1st up tackles, looks undecided in attack with no pace or guile left in the tank, the only thing he has left to offer is his chip kick. good captain though

what ive seen from him so far is that himself and R Kearney have an almost symbiotic understanding in defense. both know automatically where and when each other is, and what attacker to let off and which to set on.

nothing wrong with his first up tackles, he makes the ones he has too... and hits hard too. If he slips 1 in 10 tackles id be surprised.

his pace maynot be where it was, but he is 33 all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭swiwi_

LorMal wrote: »
    This is the kind of nasty, sneering post which makes me reluctant to bother with the rugby thread. It's a pity because I enjoy a good discussion on rugby - and I can learn from those more knowledgable than me.
    But when I read people's opinions being snidely dismissed by some of the 'know it alls' on here, it leads me to doubt their levels of maturity and I end up not bothering.

Maybe this should be in the off-topic thread, but I must admit sometimes I do wonder how some people are able to spend so much time on this forum (some people seem to be able to post on here almost 24/7, 365 days of the year):

?Retired
    ?Unemployed
    ?Employed but not gainfully
    ?In prison
    ?Addicted
    ?Really, really like their rugby, and where there's a will there's a way

There must be in a film in this sort of material somewhere...

It's not restricted to boards, on other rugby forums too, there will always be some posters who feel a high post count equates to a superior rugby knowledge. And a bit of group-think. However, some of the people who DO post on here a lot are also extremely knowledgeable, and I enjoy reading their posts, others not so much. I guess if you put out a post that seems pretty ridiculous, you will need to be able to debate it properly, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭leftleg

His judgement of a ball thats about to hit the deck is disgustingly accurate. that slid and catch party piece thing he does is a thing of beauty and skill and lifts the team just like a good tackle.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

His judgement of a ball thats about to hit the deck is disgustingly accurate. that slid and catch party piece thing he does is a thing of beauty and skill and lifts the team just like a good tackle.

Who? Isa?

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

Did anyone understand what the order to our backline was after Sexton went off on Saturday, particularly the midfield. One of Nacewa or Kirchner would have been playing 12/13 with Fitz. I think Kirchner has played 13 in the past, so maybe it was him?

Also, did anyone notice that Nacewa (with 11 on his back) was playing right wing? At least in the first half, I didn't notice in the second.

• Advertisement
Advertisement