Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home heating oil promo code Topoil

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

Just an update:

current codes:

Heat2016 (2.5c off per litre, thats €12.5 off 500 or €25 off 1000L)
    Topoilweb (€15 off 500L (3c off per L))

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

Topoilweb no longer working

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

As we are hitting the summer months and demand for oil will be a bit lower.

Do oil prices increase during the summer months ?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

They tend to decrease due to lower demand but with oil recovering across the board we may not feel it or the retailers may not pass on any decrease.

They tend to decrease due to lower demand but with oil recovering across the board we may not feel it or the retailers may not pass on any decrease.

Hadn't checked the oil prices in a while. So feckin prices on way up again ?

• Advertisement

Also. I'm thinking about ordering 500 litres. No real rush. With the way prices are going, should I order now or wait ?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Well the price of petrol and diesel have rebounded by about 10c/l in the last 3 months or so so I imagine heating oil is following a similar trend.

As to whether you should hold off or not? Who knows. The summer might cause prices to drop, or something else could cause them to rise. If I knew the answer I'd be playing the stock market. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Also. I'm thinking about ordering 500 litres. No real rush. With the way prices are going, should I order now or wait ?

Flip a coin. That's as good advice you can get at present.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Anyone have any new promo codes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

MS125 for Campus Oil. Valid until Friday. Doesn't specify what discount.

http://www.cheapestoil.ie/heating-oil-prices/kildare - probably not cheapest option, in my neck of the woods anyway!

• Advertisement

Danny2580 wrote: »

http://www.cheapestoil.ie/heating-oil-prices/kildare - probably not cheapest option, in my neck of the woods anyway!

Thanks. Campus not in my county.

Anyone have a new promo code for top oil. The previous ones seem to be invalid now.

Anyone have a new promo code for top oil. The previous ones seem to be invalid now.

bump? Anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭curranbaz

Danny2580 wrote: »

Not a great discount but it all counts I suppose.
    Please use the following voucher code: MS125 to get your Price Drop Discount.

The discount voucher is for a maximum of € 12.50 per 1,000 litres, pro-rata for smaller amounts (i.e. € 6.25 discount for 500 litres)
    The discount voucher is valid between 9am Thursday 30th June 2016 and Midnight Friday 8th July 2016.
    The discount voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer, voucher or discount code.
    Campus Oil reserves the right to change, alter or withdraw any discount offers at any time without notice.
    The offer is only redeemable on Home Heating Oil ordered from Campus Oil.
    This voucher is only valid on credit/debit card orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Promo2016

Not great, only €10 off 1000L

mikeecho wrote: »
    Promo2016

Not great, only €10 off 1000L

Thanks.
    5 euro off 500 litres.

All counts I suppose, but fairly sh1t discount. When the oil prices were cheaper, the discount was a lot better.

They could increase the price and give a bigger discount - some people would seem to prefer that.

Currently emo is 577/1000 litres, top is 544 - I'll always go with the lower net cost.

At the end of the day margins in oil are small.

Oil price has fallen back a little and may drop further, so this may start some drops.

One point to note is that kerosene & diesel are cheaper in summer as the natural % of crude oil that can be refined into diesel / kerosene is enough for demand and thus overall refining cost is much lower than in autumn /winter where extra volume has to be "manufactured" through the use of expensive chemical processes.

I'll be looking to fill my tank soon as I'm happy with circa €500/fill.

VincePP wrote: »
    They could increase the price and give a bigger discount - some people would seem to prefer that.

Currently emo is 577/1000 litres, top is 544 - I'll always go with the lower net cost.

At the end of the day margins in oil are small.

Oil price has fallen back a little and may drop further, so this may start some drops.

One point to note is that kerosene & diesel are cheaper in summer as the natural % of crude oil that can be refined into diesel / kerosene is enough for demand and thus overall refining cost is much lower than in autumn /winter where extra volume has to be "manufactured" through the use of expensive chemical processes.

I'll be looking to fill my tank soon as I'm happy with circa €500/fill.

As far as I can see, Kerosene prices have just been going up in the last couple of months.

As far as I can see, Kerosene prices have just been going up in the last couple of months.

Yes because oil has been going up, (from a low of $28 to a high of $54) but that trend has started to reverse. Last week oil dropped to $47.

You may have noticed that petrol prices have gone up by about 4c more than diesel due to seasonal trends.

Thanks.
    5 euro off 500 litres.

All counts I suppose, but fairly sh1t discount. When the oil prices were cheaper, the discount was a lot better.

They make more profit when oil is cheap.
    Just like in the 80s, petrol stns made 5 or 6p per litre.

Now they make 3¢/l

See oil price has dropped a bit.

• Advertisement

See oil price has dropped a bit.

Brent oil is currently at about $45, that's still above the low of $37 we had last year, plus the € is weaker against the $ than this time last year.

So unless oil drops a lot more, and the €/$ situation sways more in our favor, we wont see last years prices anytime soon. :(

Brent oil is currently at about $45, that's still above the low of $37 we had last year, plus the € is weaker against the $ than this time last year.

So unless oil drops a lot more, and the €/$ situation sways more in our favor, we wont see last years prices anytime soon. :(

Oh ok. Was gonna hold off a bit to see if it would drop a bit more. But sounds like that probably won't happen.

Oh ok. Was gonna hold off a bit to see if it would drop a bit more. But sounds like that probably won't happen.

personally, i'd hold off as long as i can.

looking at http://cheapestoil.ie/heating-oil-prices/Republic there might be 1 or 2¢ more to drop, (depending on where you are)

personally, i'd hold off as long as i can.

looking at http://cheapestoil.ie/heating-oil-prices/Republic there might be 1 or 2¢ more to drop, (depending on where you are)

thanks, im in Galway.

280 Euro for 500 litres.

kinda running low too :)

for the sake of probably a tenner, I may as well order now.

MAORISH wrote: »
    I've been watching prices too but I finally ordered with Topaz online as €20 cheaper than call Centre... I got 1000 litres of home heating kerosene for €519.

decent price in fairness.

best I can do is 56 cent a litre (500 litres)

Anyone else stalling on for a price drop ?

Got 500 litres today for 275 with Top Oil.
    55 cent a litre.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

Are Top giving any discounts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Oh God is it that time of year again....Ive enjoyed not seeing updates o this as we all saved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

blowin3 wrote: »
    Are Top giving any discounts ?

Ring them and let us know

Advertisement