Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Sphero BB-8 Droid (50% Off)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

We have been here before

PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawans
    a Marks & Spencer (M&S) pricing blunder saw 50-inch 3D plasma screen TVs – which normally retail at £1,099 – on sale for just £199. After the orders flooded in, the high street giant realised its mistake and cancelled orders at the knock-down price, offering disappointed customers £25 as a goodwill gesture.

But these weren’t any customers, they were M&S customers and they refused to be fobbed off. An online petition entitled Marks and Spencer supply our TVs that we paid for forced M&S to do a U-turn and honour the orders. Despite the terrible punctuation on the petition, it made some valid arguments about the binding contract M&S had entered into when it accepted orders and took customers’ money.

After the turnaround M&S said honouring the orders was a “business decision” and didn’t admit its original stance was wrong.

Would be a PR disaster to cancel, think of the headlines
    M&S The Scrooge of the highstreet
    Xmas cancelled as M&S refuse to send out gifts in time for children
    etc etc etc anyone some good headlines,maybe we should have a list ready to send em just in case ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

I bought one. What the heck does it do? What is it?????

I bought one. What the heck does it do? What is it?????

its like a remote control car only its a ball

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

its like a remote control car only its a ball

hope it does abit more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Graham wrote: »
    Just checked my order, shipped! Placed at 3pm today :D

Thanks OP

Placed mine at 4.18, still down as 'paid'. Fingers crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,842 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

My order is still on processing. The money is pending on my card. I hope it goes through now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Mr.S wrote: »
    For...Children?!?

They are supposed to be people persons who are smaller that the people persons who spawned them......

.....also known as "ankle biters":D

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Margan

RossieMan wrote:
    I've really had to restrain myself from ordering this. I have no use or interest in star wars. Fecking BA is a disaster in my life.

Ha! Exactly my thoughts!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ariya

If anyone decides to sell it on.... i will happily take it. Yes i know its a long shot

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

This was a pretty sweet deal, hope it is honoured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Me too! Fingers crossed!!

Mine still down as "paid". Hopefully they'll ship it soonish!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Mine still down as "paid". Hopefully they'll ship it soonish!
    I'm the same, 'paid' - think my order went through at around 6pm yesterday.

I'm also one of those 'don't need this, not sure I want this, deal seems too good to turn down'!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I'm down as paid+ processing since yesterday. We should all know today if their shipped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

There is a "sphero bb8 detailed play test review" by Tom Strong that's worth watching on YouTube. Its about 29 minutes long.

I'm down as paid+ processing since yesterday. We should all know today if their shipped.

If they don't honour mine I'm gonna show up to the Dundrum shop with a crying child and tear strips off them. An epic Christmas scene to rival the Nativity, I tell you.

If they have any sense they will ship, its star wars mania at the moment and the papers will only be to happy to write some story's about a goodwill gesture at Xmas, the free PR would be worth a lot more than the few quid they loose

• Registered Users Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I don't really have time to check reviews, but can this thing run autonomously? i.e. can it learn to go around the house by itself etc?

Gonna freak out the dog I can tell :)

EDIT: http://toyland.gizmodo.com/sphero-bb-8-review-this-is-the-coolest-star-wars-toy-e-1727067215

Seems it can run by itself alright! Wonder does it go back to the charger by itself too? That would be cool.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

There is a "sphero bb8 detailed play test review" by Tom Strong that's worth watching on YouTube. Its about 29 minutes long.

I am not looking at that until it is shipped or I'll cry when it is not :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭brevity

I read up on these things before and they are pretty cool. Would make a great collectors item in a number of years - if you have the willpower to keep it in the box.

I doubt many people here have willpower considering we spend money on stuff we don't need!

Oh, I hope it ships :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kingbob387

Missed this, ****

I'll take it off someone if they don't like it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Sappy404 wrote: »
    If they don't honour mine I'm gonna show up to the Dundrum shop with a crying child and tear strips off them. An epic Christmas scene to rival the Nativity, I tell you.

Don't punish some poor sales person for something that is out of their control!!!

I missed the ball on this :( Was planning on ordering it when I go into work this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭barneyrub

Getting nervous now. Was expecting a dispatch notice or something by now when it's supposed to be express delivery

Mine says it's now paid and will be ready for collection after 2pm Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Danielle D

I got email from Pigsback today at 1.23pm advertising all Star Wars toys 50% off. This product is pictured and the price shown is €87.50 so I assume that will mean they have to honour it for any of you lucky enough to have bagged one before they went out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Starting to think this won't be honoured. If it is express shipping it really should have been dispatched by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 jor428

im on the Pigsback site. It has a picture of the bb8 with the 50% discount but it isnt on the M and S site. Anyone help or got a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Mine is still saying paid too. Has anyone had theirs dispatched yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

I'm still waiting for some sort of notification.....I chose store pickup.

• Advertisement

Advertisement