Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnetic Micro USB Cable - €3.46

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭Invincible

Thargor wrote: »
    Only after getting a shipping notification for this tonight, they must have had some Christmas.

Same as, maybe were out of stock.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Invincible wrote: »
    Same as, maybe were out of stock.

Only ordered on Tuesday and got the same notice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭duffman3833

got mine, they're pretty strong. up until the point i can almost lift the phone with the cable.
    and so far i dont notice any effect on my calls

Does it have any effect on charging speed? A lot of cheap cables slow down charging speeds which is frustrating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Just bought two thanks.

I have awful luck with the micro USB charging ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Does it have any effect on charging speed? A lot of cheap cables slow down charging speeds which is frustrating
    It is supposed to and is not supposed to be used with phones that draw a lot of current. Specifically I've seen these are incompatible with the S6, S6 Edge and Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. I'm following this in the hope that somebody will report back once they've received their order.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Kavrocks wrote: »
    It is supposed to and is not supposed to be used with phones that draw a lot of current. Specifically I've seen these are incompatible with the S6, S6 Edge and Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. I'm following this in the hope that somebody will report back once they've received their order.

Where did you see the incompatibility list?

I have an S6 and want to give this a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

I have two on the way and can test them with an S6. Will update thread when they arrive.

eeguy wrote: »
    Where did you see the incompatibility list?

I have an S6 and want to give this a go.
    A third party seller on Aliexpress and some forums said the same too.
    Keith186 wrote: »
    I have two on the way and can test them with an S6. Will update thread when they arrive.
    I'd be really interested in that. Do you by any chance have an ammeter to measure the current drawn?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Kavrocks wrote: »
    A third party seller on Aliexpress and some forums said the same too.

I'd be really interested in that. Do you by any chance have an ammeter to measure the current drawn?

No but I have the GSAM Battery app which gives a reading on the phone but I don't know how accurate it is. I'll throw up the results with a few different chargers for comparison.

Keith186 wrote: »
    No but I have the GSAM Battery app which gives a reading on the phone but I don't know how accurate it is. I'll throw up the results with a few different chargers for comparison.
    That'd be great! Thanks!

Its between 2 of these or 2 Quick Charge 3.0 chargers but these would be so much more convenient for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

Peadar06 wrote: »
    Thanks OP, bought 3.

Peter

Received them this morning.

Going to try them tonight, will let you know in the morning.

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fast_eddie

Don't expect too much from these...

Mine arrived, I've tried both with a mains USB adapter and from powered PC USB ports, no joy.

The little green light on the cable lights up, but the phones don't charge. I have tried various phones in the office - Galaxy S6, Nokia 735 and Vodafone Smart Ultra 6.

Also the plug that goes into the phone's USB port doesn't go all the way into the socket, it protrudes 1mm or 2mm depending on the phone and won't sit flush against the surface of the phone.

Nice idea but #GadgetFail.

EDIT - never mind, got it working - ignore the rant. I took a chance and pushed the plug in harder than I was comfortable with. in it went, outer part sat flush and started charging on all three phones. The plug isn't the easiest thing to get out of the device wither but I guess that's a bonus point.

So - I'd recommend only to use it in devices where you're going to leave it in all the time.

So #GadgetWin...

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭BobPresto

fast_eddie wrote: »
    EDIT - never mind, got it working - ignore the rant. I took a chance and pushed the plug in harder than I was comfortable with. in it went, outer part sat flush and started charging on all three phones. The plug isn't the easiest thing to get out of the device wither but I guess that's a bonus point.

How is the charging speed with these? Do they work in usb car chargers?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Paulciob

I have one of those although is from wsken. It works very good with galaxy s4 and vodafone smart ultra 6.Charging current is 1.5 A at a 1.5 A charger,don t have a 2A charger.On the box it s written 2.1 A max charging current i think. It doesn t affect the calls at all. if you have a case on your device you have to cut it a little bit with a nail scissor.The ones from wsken come with 2 magnetic "heads" and one cable.Quality is very good i was really impressed.Very easy to put to charge and it works on boths sides. One side is charging only,the other one is charging and data transfer,although it s easier to transfer data trough wireless with apps like airdroid.It works well on the car aswell with 1 A charger,don t have a stronger one.The magnet is strong enough to lift the phone with the cable.
    One big downside is that you have to take the cable whereever you go if need charge during the day.The magnet is very hard to remove,also when is to be fitted you need to push really hard..on your own risk (might break the usb port).
    Paid arround a tenner from banggood although lots of them on ebay or aliexpress.No tracking number and it arrived in 17 days.
    It s a good gadget but bear in mind that you have to carry the cable with you if you need to charge your phone during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

fast_eddie wrote: »
    Don't expect too much from these...

Mine arrived, I've tried both with a mains USB adapter and from powered PC USB ports, no joy.

The little green light on the cable lights up, but the phones don't charge. I have tried various phones in the office - Galaxy S6, Nokia 735 and Vodafone Smart Ultra 6.

Also the plug that goes into the phone's USB port doesn't go all the way into the socket, it protrudes 1mm or 2mm depending on the phone and won't sit flush against the surface of the phone.

Nice idea but #GadgetFail.

So - I'd recommend only to use it in devices where you're going to leave it in all the time.

So #GadgetWin...

yes, it's not easy to get it out, maybe you can learn the way in the video, use some useless card to help you. Some magnetic cable will sell with the tool for higher price.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,739 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Peadar06 wrote: »
    Received them this morning.

Going to try them tonight, will let you know in the morning.

Peter

Hoping mine will show on Monday so as I ordered the day before you I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

the tool for this magnetic cable is available on that site, which help you to take it out easier.
    http://www.tinydeal.com/mini-tool-pry-plate-gadget-for-take-out-magnetic-cable-connector-px2nzp9-p-157971.html

Advertisement