Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnetic Micro USB Cable - €3.46

Options
  • 17-12-2015 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Seems like a useful gadget for cellphone, can plug in USB cable both side easily, even better than Type-C cable. But the video shows that it's not easy to take it away if you have plugged it in. :D:D

Magnetic 1M Micro USB Cable Sync/Charge Cable with LED Indicator Light

Color: Silver
    Interface: Micro USB
    Function: Charging & Data Transferring
    Feature: LED Indicator, Magnetic
    Cable Length: 1000 mm /39.3 inch
    Net Weight: 16 g / 0.56 oz
    Compatibility: All devices equipped with Micro USB adapter, SAMSUNG, XIAOMI, HTC, HUAWEI, Motorola, LG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭droidman123

Thanks op i just ordered one! Its similar to the pogo pins on the nexus 10,which works brilliantly with the magnetic connnector.i just hope this one doesnt affect my vooc fast charging on my oppo.worth a gamble for a couple of euro though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,890 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Nice, exactly what I was looking for thanks, cringing at how rough I have to be with my MP3 player to get the USB cable out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭ejabrod

Thanks OP. Just ordered 2!

By the way there's a version with a longer plug aswell for similar price if you want to try using it with a case or whatever:

http://www.tinydeal.com/upgraded-magnetic-1m-micro-usb-cable-for-smartphone-with-case-on-p-157114.html

Wish there was a black version though.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭karlyk1

Anyone order from them before? Trustworthy? They get absolutely slated on this site https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.tinydeal.com.
    Mind you, I don't know anything about trustpilot.com either!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

Thanks OP. Never heard of these before.

Anybody tried these things before? We go through a ridiculous amount of micro USB cables so these would be great if work.
    karlyk1 wrote: »
    Anyone order from them before? Trustworthy? They get absolutely slated on this site https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.tinydeal.com.

They have them for around the same price (maybe slightly more) on AliExpress.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

I have 3 off these, the light is super annoying at night time but u can twist it the other way around or tape over it. Wish the cable was a lil longer but decent thing none the less

I have 3 off these, the light is super annoying at night time but u can twist it the other way around or tape over it. Wish the cable was a lil longer but decent thing none the less

Any drop in charging times?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,739 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Ordered 3 there myself. One for both phones plus a spare... Cheers OP :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Thanks OP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

Thargor wrote: »
    By the way there's a version with a longer plug aswell for similar price if you want to try using it with a case or whatever:

http://www.tinydeal.com/upgraded-magnetic-1m-micro-usb-cable-for-smartphone-with-case-on-p-157114.html

Wish there was a black version though.

yes, the longer one maybe will more convenient for some phones with cases. I didn't see the black version, if I find it I will share in this thread.

karlyk1 wrote: »

The trustpilot is a good review site, but I don't think the point is absolute, we still need to make decision by ourself. In my opinion, the samll gadget like this will not have big problem, maybe only the shipping speed we need to consider about.

The video has showed that we can twist it the other way to avoid the light, it can still charging for your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭Nollog

black electrical tape is great. I've taped over loads of LEDs they're brighter than the sun on these kind of devices.

my question though, does the light not come on at all when only charging?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Popple3

Cheers OP, picked up a few of these. Worth a shot for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

Thanks OP, bought 3.

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭Invincible

You can get spare phone inserts for 99c too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Snuffelkees

Been checking this out on Kickstarter but easier to get here, thx OP!

/\/ollog wrote: »
    black electrical tape is great. I've taped over loads of LEDs they're brighter than the sun on these kind of devices.

my question though, does the light not come on at all when only charging?

the light still open when only charging, but when you only want for charging, you can flip it to another side.

Invincible wrote: »
    You can get spare phone inserts for 99c too.

yes, but i don't know whether this phone insert can both fit for original one and the upgraded one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clancger

The "upgraded" one appears to be only a bit longer micro usb plug to fit a device that's inside a case

• Registered Users Posts: 23,366 ✭✭✭✭ted1

How strong are the magnets? Electronics and magnets don't go well

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Xzen

Nice find. I've seen another of these in the past, but they didn't do data, looks like this one does. Though I'd guess that LED on the connector would get annoying at night.

Incidentally, it looks a lot like this kickstarter a few months ago:

Xzen wrote: »
    Nice find. I've seen another of these in the past, but they didn't do data, looks like this one does. Though I'd guess that LED on the connector would get annoying at night.

Incidentally, it looks a lot like this kickstarter a few months ago:

Yeah, that happens to those kickstarter projects. it 'inspires' the Chinese to get started with their version right away. Happened to that Pressy button too. Not before long companies like Xiaomi were making them for RMB 5. (Pressy did take their time to release their version and for way too much)

clancger wrote: »
    The "upgraded" one appears to be only a bit longer micro usb plug to fit a device that's inside a case

yes, it's more convenient to some phones with case.

ted1 wrote: »

i think the magnets is strong enough, the video shows that you can even drag it perpendicularly.

ted1 wrote: »

got mine, they're pretty strong. up until the point i can almost lift the phone with the cable.
    and so far i dont notice any effect on my calls

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bossdrum

got mine, they're pretty strong. up until the point i can almost lift the phone with the cable. and so far i dont notice any effect on my calls

How long did it take for them to arrive snuffelkees?

bossdrum wrote: »
    How long did it take for them to arrive snuffelkees?

about two weeks from China to Europe. (could have been faster but PostNL is *&^$ in the Netherlands)

• Advertisement

Only after getting a shipping notification for this tonight, they must have had some Christmas.

Advertisement