Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smartphones have ruined concerts, pubs, etc

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

If your're a bit socially anxious as I am, having all these people with their faces stuck in phones ignoring you is a boon.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

irelands favourite anti-rock band kodeline are on the box ringing in the new year, they are currently cringingly asking the audience to video a song and send them the vids.

edit:
    gawd they're asking them to light the fn band with their phones now...we're doomed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

And you wonder why you're excluded from social gatherings

:)

Huh? What are these social gatherings I'm excluded from? I actually had more nights out this Christmas than any other year. I'm of the generation who converse when we go out as opposed to spending our time taking photos and uploading our "brilliant" times to fakebook.

Arghus wrote: »
    I'm a hypocrite when it comes to my attitude to them - One hand I don't really understand how your experience of a concert is improved by looking at it through a tiny screen, as opposed to taking it in with your full attention. I don't get it.

But on the other hand it's nice to have videos from a concert you've been too uploaded onto youtube.

I'd hazard a guess that the experience isn't improved and the videos are never watched again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

i ca,nt see the point of people recording a concert on a phone,
    If you..re a beyonce fan for example theres loads of music video,s on youtube
    Who wants to watch a low quality video filmed on a mobile phone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Should have knocked you out.[/quote]
    Small man, big talk. Don't go to a concert you dry ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Recording at concerts irks me to the point where I "accidentally" bump into someone next to me who is doing it or wave my arms to block the person behind me and rock back and forth. One person managed to drop their phone when I did this but didn't say anything to me which proves the point that they know they shouldn't be doing this.

Thats acting like a scumbag. On what planet would you think it’s acceptable to knock someone’s phone out of their hand?? And then think you are in the right?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

A child's birthday party is a very unsettling affair these days. All the little darlings at the table being paparazzi'd by the adults non stop. Stop telling them to look at the camera non stop. Stop making them re-take pictures because you didn't like that one. Just leave them to enjoy themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Omackeral wrote: »
    A child's birthday party is a very unsettling affair these days. All the little darlings at the table being paparazzi'd by the adults non stop. Stop telling them to look at the camera non stop. Stop making them re-take pictures because you didn't like that one. Just leave them to enjoy themselves.

I don’t mind taking the odd selfie with friends if a few are just taken in quick succession and that’s it. But I just cannot bear the whole thing of taking selfies, checking them and keeping going with it until people are happy with the result. So tedious.

The thought of doing that to kids angries up my blood even more. :mad: They’re kids, they’re gonna look cute in every photo. Do you have experience of this kind of carry on?

some poor bloke brought his SJW date to jim Jeffries last night and I had the misfortune to sit beside her, when she wasn't tuttin at the material she was texting....seriously annoying at a sit down gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Omackeral wrote: »

Im so glad I missed the start of the tech era as a child..I missed it so narrowly..by just a few years. Technology had a massive influence on my teenage years, unfortunately, but Im just glad I was able to enjoy my childhood without phones and laptops. My little brother and sister weren't so lucky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Advertisement