Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Tablet

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

i put in the catalog no ,for the yoga 2 ,
    theres a label on the tablet Yoga 2 tablet
    maybe theres no 16gig models left.
    The ad on argos .ie says 16gig .
    yes its a great bargain.
    i don,t think theres many left in the shops ,unless you buy them from amazon ,
    or some website .

i dont know any tablet that has longer battery life than 18 hours .
    67 per cent left on battery
    battery on for 9 hours 15minutes

When i turn on the tablet it says system update ,?
    i,m not sure if i want to update it.
    if there,s a risking of having a dead tablet.
    its working fine as it is.
    i,ll probably just ignore the update notice .
    the android apps are mostly set to auto update .
    i dont know if thats an update of the android OS update or something else it refers to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

What percentage is the battery on?

I'm just joking. The update actually improves the tablet if you ask me. Lollipop is brilliant on it.

so You are saying system update ,
    = update android 4 to android 5,
    so i,d have to re download the 7 apps i downloaded .
    i,m charging it for the second time right now .
    battery was at 5 per cent when i plugged in the charger .

The battery does last 18 hours ,but i use the wifi for maybe 5 hours
    and switch off wifi when i,m playing a game or listening to music on the tablet.
    Have you updated your tablet to the latest os .?

I've had this since June. I prefer lollipop, its not a lot different but why not use the latest when It's available.

The tablet does everything fairly well. You can get higher spec for a similar price from China if that's what you're after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

The tab Aldi had recently is fairly similar. It may not have as big a battery as the Lenovo. You might still be able to find one in a local Aldi.
    http://aldi.medion.com/md99282/ie/?refPage=aldi

Personally I wouldn't buy one for my own use, as this kind of money will buy a Nvidia Shield, which although smaller, would be much more to my taste - BUT as you are looking for it as a present, and time is short til xmas, the Aldi tab may be your best bet.

If you look on the ad ,at aldi ie,
    it says 12 plus hours battery life.
    the yoga 2 really has 18 hours battery life .
    I Looked at loads of ads , reviews ,and most 10 inch tablets have 8 hours battery life or less .
    i think the shield tab is the closest to the yoga 2 .
    IF you want it for xmas it,s probably too late to get a yoga 2 .
    aldi tab comes with a 32gig sdcard in the box

i just tried it,
    it turns out it charges much faster when powered off,
    last time i charged it ,switched on ,it took 5 plus hours .
    re yoga 2 tablet.

Everything charges much faster when turned off.

• Advertisement

I have an older tablet , zoomstorm, as well
    it only seems to charge when its turned on .
    so i left the yoga 2 tablet on the first time i charged it .

I managed to pick one of these up as a present. The battery life doesn't seem great though.

I noticed last night it died after 23 hours after being fully charged. In standby most of the time with about 90 minutes usage.

That can't be normal is it?
    That is definitely not normal, especially for a brand new device (and I'm assuming it's the Lenovo Yoga 2 you are taking about, which has a pretty large battery anyway).

I'd say give it the benefit of the doubt for the moment and charge it again. Once it is charged fully again have a look in the settings for power/battery and see if there is some rogue app that seems to have been consuming a very abnormal amount of the battery power.

I'm at a loss really, but i would suggest that you also try to avoid letting it go down to such a low level of charge, as this has a very detrimental effect on long term battery life for reasons I explained in this post earlier in the thread.
    If at all possible maybe charge it twice a day and try to keep it above 40% for a few days and see if that makes any difference.

I've a feeling you'll be returning it, Captain.

According to GSM Arena Yoga 2 tablet has 9600 mAh in the 10 inch model and 6400mAh in the 8 inch. There's no way on earth that even the smaller model would be gone down that low in a day, with less than 2 hours of usage and the rest in standby.

And the effects of severe battery drainage I mentioned would only really be harmful and manifest in the long run, as in the battery wouldn't last as many months as intended. 24 - 36 months would I think be the expected lifespan with most devices being used daily for a few hours. It certainly shouldn't be goosed in just a couple of days.

Hopefully you bought it from some place like Argos or Amazon who are decent to deal with when it comes to returning things.

Advertisement