Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 16 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Myhill
    Alder - Sagna - Bertrand/Bellerin
    De Bruyne - Mahrez - Ozil - Coutinho
    Lukaku - Kane (c) - Vardy

What could possibly go wrong..right!

Bellerin away to villa or Bertrand away to palace, opinions?

Definitely Bellerin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

jimmii wrote: »
    Ighalo for me although both have form and fixture on their side. Who would you have to drop to squeeze both in?

EDIT: Ig to start that is.

Probably Barkley. Though I don't have lukaku, so want to play barkley to try and cover him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭dahat

De Gea

Toby, Bertrand, Moreno

KDB, Ozil, Barkley, Mahrez

Deeney, Kane, Lukaku

All for a - 4, team looks strong on paper so hoping for a Kane riot and a big score.

Probably Barkley. Though I don't have lukaku, so want to play barkley to try and cover him.

I'd bench Barkley personally. Pretty close though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Have any people used their AOA chip?....
    Don't think it's really worth keeping for a DGW so thinking of using it today.

De Gea
    Bellerin Alderweirald
    Ozil KDB Barkley Alli Mahrez
    Kane(c) Lukaku Vardy.

Appreciate any views on using AOA with that line up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I'm dropping Mahrez for Barkley, just to have Everton cover. Hopefully I don't rue the mistake of dropping mahrez like so many last week

Butland
    Beller,dann,cathcart
    Ozil, Barkley, kdb,cout
    Ig, vardy, kane

Subs: Mahrez, vvd,dawson

Have any people used their AOA chip?....
    Don't think it's really worth keeping for a DGW so thinking of using it today.

De Gea
    Bellerin Alderweirald
    Ozil KDB Barkley Alli Mahrez
    Kane(c) Lukaku Vardy.

Appreciate any views on using AOA with that line up.

I'd still keep it in case of an injury crisis at the back thats when its most valuable imo. Given your players it does look like a good week to use it I'd toss a coin on whether to AOA or bench Vardy!

I'm dropping Mahrez for Barkley, just to have Everton cover. Hopefully I don't rue the mistake of dropping mahrez like so many last week

Butland
    Beller,dann,cathcart
    Ozil, Barkley, kdb,cout
    Ig, vardy, kane

If you think its a mistake now then start Mahrez. Its close but I think I would be favouring him this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I'm not looking forward to this. I've fallen week-on-week for a while now and while I'd love a good week, I had to take a -4 just to field 11 and I still have Sturridge sitting on my bench.

jimmii wrote: »
    If you think its a mistake now then start Mahrez. Its close but I think I would be favouring him this week.

Fair point, but mistake might be the wrong word for me to use, but I don't see anybody to drop for him without sacrificing in form Everton cover against Norwich

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ddg
    Moreno kolorav bellerin
    Mahrez kdb rambo Ozil
    Vardy kane lukaku

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Butland
    Beller,dann,cathcart
    Ozil, Barkley, kdb,cout
    Ig, vardy, kane

I'd drop vardy over mahrez

Fair point, but mistake might be the wrong word for me to use, but I don't see anybody to drop for him without sacrificing in form Everton cover against Norwich

I would be benching Barkley but as I say I think its very close so comes down to personal preference really.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

really wanted ali but I've decided to bank it and try and roll a transfer over again next week barring injuries . may take a -4 then for Xmas

de gea
    kolarov bellerin moreno
    kdb mahrez mata ozil
    vardy lukaku Kane captain

nyom first sub if defenders or kdb gets rotated and I'd be happy enough for him to come in as I've benched all bar one of his clean sheets ! other playing sub is surman .........solid 2 pointer
    be really really nice for both mata and kdb to play and out up big scores as my team is identical to most except them two

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

TEAM: Rudd; Wisdom, Martin (c), Bassong, Olsson; Redmond, O'Neil, Tettey, Brady; Hoolahan; Jerome. #ncfc

Howard, Coleman, Stones, Mori, Baines, Cleverly, Barry, Deulofeu, Barkley, Kone, Lukaku

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

DDG
    Moreno Kolarov Ward
    Deulofeu Bolasie Ramsey Hazard
    Lukaku Kane (c) Deeney

Mahrez Bertrand Richards

Taking a big gamble benching Mahrez but what the hell, I can't see myself being punished like people last week were. Ward and Bertrand was 50/50 so went with the home team.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Butland
    Beller,dann,cathcart
    Ozil, Barkley, kdb,cout
    Ig, vardy, kane

DO NOT BENCH MAHREZ
    vardy

Ddg
    Azpilicueta Bert Kolarov
    Mahrez de bruyne (vc) Ozil Barkley
    Kane (c) Lukaku Vardy

Hoping azpi starts or he's gone. Also banking on Harry to do the business against the toon, who are on a high after beating Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I can't understand how people can justify dropping the best midfielder in the game off the back of a hat trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

ScummyMan wrote:
    I can't understand how people can justify dropping the best midfielder in the game off the back of a hat trick.

Let's hope he punishes them.

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    DO NOT BENCH MAHREZ
    vardy

That makes it look like you are writting a message to him as Vardy! If he was here he probably would say that though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I roll out with
    Howard
    Bellerin Moreno Kolarov
    Barkley Mahrez KDB Ozil
    Lukaku Kane(c) Vardy

An Everton clean sheet with Barkley returns would be a great start

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Not sure if my moves have been saved. My bench order did not go through (despite saving it... weird) so I'm not sure my captain change was effective.
    If it worked should be lining-up like this
    Hennessey
    Kol Bertie Bellie
    KDB Ozil Mahrez Deulofeu
    Kane (C) Lukaku (VC) Vardy

And couldn't help my missus to decide whether Mané to Coutinho was worth it so Mané gets another week in her team...

Will be away all week-end with limited internet access so may only discover the damages on Sunday eve... I'm not happy with my team and can already sense a red arrow :p.... I've been missing plenty of opportunities to rearrange my defense but didn't do anything. 2 FT next week :).

Wish you all a great FPL week-end bar my H2H opponent in the FSA Prem' and the 4 guys we're facing in the Academy Cup :p;).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,648 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Glad to see Wes starting...he's been languishing on my bench for months but could be important this weekend if KDB is rested

ScummyMan wrote: »

As shít and all as Chelsea have been this year, they are still Chelsea. I find it hard to double up against them in favour of a player taking on Norwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I ended up playing both Vardy and Mahrez but can totally understand people benching or selling either of them. If any team can keep them scoreless it's Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Myhill
    Bellerin Wolly Ward
    KdB Mahrez Ozil Coutinho
    Lukaku Kane(c) Aguero

McCarthy VvD Anya Bassong

Left Kun in the starting 11 just because I couldn't decide which of VvD or Anya should start. And rearranging the bench was easier to do than transferring players in and out of the 11 on mobile. In the end I decided van Dijks chances of a cleanie were better than Anya's of being involved in a goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

No hits

Gomez
    Bellerin VvD moreno Alderweireld
    Barkley ozil Mahrez kdb
    Lukaku vardy (c)

Nyom m'vila aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Kane(c) everywhere at the top of my serious leagues; only tracking 25-50% in my more casual leagues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Stones is after getting a bit of a knock in the warm up. Reckon he'll walk it off though.

Advertisement