Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show - 11th. December 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,594 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Enjoyed that. Funny guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭sonic85

Thank god its over. That was a tragedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

ProudDUB wrote: »
    What's your point caller? :D

My point Joww is...see post #486:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Was Tubs watching that recording and cringing like the rest of us or was he genuinely happy with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,739 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Said it before, but American guests do Talk Shows well.

Few gags, funny stories, keep the pace up regardless of what nonsense questions the host asks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭bigroad

Tub should get himself a safety net.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,207 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Villagers?

My favourites are the red indian and the motorcycle cop.

*coat*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭tinpib

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Enjoyed that. Funny guys.

Yep, Tubs not great but not at D'Arsey levels of cringe. Will played a blinder and Mark was grand, even though he got terrible questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Would RTE not think outside the box and maybe have two people hosting the Late Late. One can take care of the guests who you can have the craic with and the other can do the serious interviews about death and illness etc.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 27 Dimitrov

bigroad wrote: »
    He'd probably fall through one of the holes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Red Kev wrote: »
    Will Ferrell & Mark Wahlberg are probably two of the easiest people to interview, I wonder if Tubbs makes it all look stilted and awkward. Pity its not live.

As they are two genuine A-listers do they get the same time on the show as Theresa Mannion or do they get more or less time?

Sad to say the first prediction was correct.

They got 3 minutes more than Theresa.

Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

bigroad wrote: »

Not a good night for Tubridy, that is for sure. He just seems to get extremely nervous when somebody big comes on .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭sonic85

A better interviewer and that would've been a seriously good segment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

God I love Jim Carrey in that.
    He’s insanely in his element.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Trump is not only an arsehole but a complete nutjob who should be stopped in his race to become POTUS. His comments on Muslims would rightly completely damage his campaign to the White House when the Republican nominations gets the go ahead.

I don't prefer the Republicans taking the win for the presidency but either Republicans or Democrats are trying to say a lot of things to prevent damage limitation to their own campaigns. Trump's comments on Muslims is only intended to spread out that damage even further to spread his message of hate and to apply further damage to his own business career. It was his choice to say those comments and the implications over them have come back to bite on his own arse and it is allowing himself become stonewalled into a dead end.

Btw, Baz was spot on about the young muslims being radicalised by IS and he was completely correct about what is written in the tabloid press about them and the older muslims over the past few months. He is a very sensible irishman to say that he is not like IS at all. That is what I like about him. He was being real with himself and IMO that was what was admirable about him.

Well said, Dublinman1990

• Registered Users Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭tinpib

Not a good night for Tubridy, that is for sure. He just seems to get extremely nervous when somebody big comes on .

Yes. But I really do think he is getting better. Though not a natural like Graham Norton.

And not an unnatural/replicant like D'Arsey.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

monkey9 wrote: »
    Tubs is sh!t at this. He made Will Ferrell's last appearance on the show with the Anchorman cast really uncomfortable...

Yeah I remember that Anchorman show, Tubs got Will Ferrell into his seat in the expectation that he would do Tubs' work for him. Then Tubs introduced Bryan Dobson in the audience, as of that somehow would have resulted in humour. Cringeworthy stuff it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

Tubs is sooo cool with all the vinyl...... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Paul Galvin is singing now :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,207 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Tubs might get the idea to open JFK themed burger joints.

Will he open the first store by arriving in an open-top Lincoln convertible? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,989 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Daithi O'Shea would make a good fist of the LLS I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 19,594 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Beards. Starting to piss me off.

Enough, already.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

Always liked this guy’s voice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Peist2007 wrote: »
    I met Baz recently and was struck by what a nice guy he was. Sat at the table i was at (work gig) and had the crack for 20 mins.

He's a very warm decent lad. Happy to see him do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Will he open the first store by arriving in an open-top Lincoln convertible? :pac:

Danger of snipers taking pot-shots would be far too high to risk that..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Beards. Starting to piss me off.

Enough, already.

Have you not heard?

http://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2014/apr/16/fashion-conscious-men-warned-we-may-have-reached-peak-beard

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Hitchens wrote: »
    Daithi O'Shea would make a good fist of the LLS I reckon

These are the times I really wish there was a "Hate" button

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

No idea who this band are but it sounds exactly like whatever shîte they had out that was on the radio a few months back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,667 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Pre recorded too?

Advertisement