Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justin Bieber - Purpose World Tour - 01/11/2016

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

I've been on here since 6am also... My teen is in school now praying. She'll be gutted. Hope he adds more dates... He could add 3rd and 4th as he's not in Austria till 8th. I'll give the little bollix a hand shifting stuff if it means getting tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

When would it usually be announced if he is adding more dates

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭ThinkAboutIt

Adding more dates won't make a difference if tickets aren't actually going on sale. I'd be confident no tickets went on sale online at 9am.

First I seen was when Danielle posted here last night. Anybody got the 3+ app? So far for me it is like an ashtray on a motorbike. Still showing one date on my phone for the 1st. I was chatting to someone on the 3 message system that said tickets went on sale this morning for the extra date even though I had a presale code. So Justin Bieber is playing in the 3 Arena and a 3 staff member didn't know the presales were on sale last night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Adding more dates won't make a difference if tickets aren't actually going on sale. I'd be confident no tickets went on sale online at 9am.

Do you know if Ticketmaster can allocate tickets straight to SeatWave without having them on standard sale first? If so, we're all screwed.

• Advertisement

I've just said that to my daughter as he messaged me from school... There is something fishy going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Tickets went on sale there immediately. :mad:
    Extra gigs announced in the UK, nothing for Ireland though.
    Paid the extra fan club fee but could only get 2 Standing tickets for the 1st, needed 3, this could be fun in 11 months time :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 MartynasUr

It seems only a limited amount of tickets were sold and most were for the 2nd date. By looking at seat wave it looks like many tickets still didn't go on sale for some reason, but this could have been expected for a gig that's in full years time.
    Also I was up at 7-8AM thinking if I should buy some tickets, but decided to go to sleep after I checked seat wave and saw that tickets were about 180euro for the cheapest, after this move by ticketmaster they're now 250+.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

No joy here. Plenty of "Genuine reason for sale" tickets on the various sites already with nice mark ups!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭MHI

I also tried to get 3 tickets for my 16 year old daughter and a few school friends also, no luck, was online from 8.00am waiting and refreshing page.

Bit of a farce really the way tickets are sold, the government really need to clamp down on this and look at these sellers in more detail.

• Advertisement

I wonder how many of these on Done Deal "forced to sell" as they just remembered that they are getting married and forgot,going on holiday, getting a haircut etc work for Ticketmaster.

I wonder how many of these on Done Deal "forced to sell" as they just remembered that they are getting married and forgot,going on holiday, getting a haircut etc work for Ticketmaster.

Last year I heard a story about a Ticketmaster outlet that would sell sold out tickets "for an additional cash fee".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

Only solution is for people to tell their kids to forget it if they are not lucky enough in the initial sale.

Its become a joke at this stage, instead of just selling there are multiple confusing presales etc. even though half the country probably have a 3 phone anyway, and if they don't have one their mother, friend or child has one.

People seem to be getting professional at it too, sitting down with multiple laptops, phones, Ipads at the ready, get lucky with tickets, stick them on seatwave and somebody else has to pay through the nose for tickets.

What you're talking about is ticketmaster other service 'seatwave' which allows people to resell tickets for a higher price + a hefty % based service charge which the buyer pays.
    I heard people saying that ticketmaster keeps the tickets and sells them themselves on that website for a lot more and I can assure you this is complete BS and this never happens.
    The problem is that there is just too many people buying the tickets to resell because it's just so easy to make money.
    By the way the 'promoter' for the gig announced that the tickets are 'SOLD OUT', which isn't technically true , if you check seat wave you could see that there's tickets available for about half of the sections which means that there's max 50% of tickets sold, don't forget that ticketmaster benefits from creating a high demand because this raises the price of the tickets on seat wave which means higher 'fee' cut for them.

elastico wrote: »
    Only solution is for people to tell their kids to forget it if they are not lucky enough in the initial sale.

Its become a joke at this stage, instead of just selling there are multiple confusing presales etc. even though half the country probably have a 3 phone anyway, and if they don't have one their mother, friend or child has one.

People seem to be getting professional at it too, sitting down with multiple laptops, phones, Ipads at the ready, get lucky with tickets, stick them on seatwave and somebody else has to pay through the nose for tickets.

Actually one can just skip the que(buy tickets before the clock hits 0) and finish paying before 9AM because of how absurd ticketmaster system is, that's why majority of the tickets get bought by resellers because most of them get the tickets first with a simple trick.

It's the 20 million dollar question, how do you stop people selling tickets for over face value.
    Market conditions will always allow people to do it especially as it's so easy now with resale sites.
    Person buys 4 etickets on Ticketmaster, sticks 2 of them on Seatwave or the like for more than face value and the site takes a cut form both seller and buyer even though they have already taken a fee from the original purchase.
    Couple of ways to stop it is to
    (A) Reduce the max number of tickets per person to 2. Will effect some people who are trying to buying 4 for the daughter and their friends but let the other parents try as well. If they only got 2, it's better than none and if another parent got 2 then they have their requirement.
    (B) Do what U2 did, with the buyer having to go (won't work for all concerts but there's way around having to go in).
    (C) Make selling Tickets for over face value against the law and enforce it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭Zardoz

MartynasUr wrote: »
    I heard people saying that ticketmaster keeps the tickets and sells them themselves on that website for a lot more and I can assure you this is complete BS and this never happens.

Of course it happens ,its common knowledge and there have been numerous reports on it.
    Here is just one
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2105611/Concert-tickets-scandal-Tens-thousands-handed-reselling-websites-promoters.html
    The Channel 4 Dispatches programme on it is a real eye opener as to what goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Taco Chips wrote: »
    Ticketmaster have the biggest racket going in this country. If they were such a monopoly I'd never bother with them

As a seasoned gig goer and sports fan I have used Ticketmaster in numerous other countries and alot of other ticket providers and I have never encountered anything like the nonsense I've seen for the tickets this morning or indeed the Adele tickets a few weeks ago.

I was able to get on the site at 9.01 and there were no tickets ,none at all.
    Its impossible for tickets to sell out that quickly .

I actually bought some tickets for Adele in Boston this afternoon on Ticketmaster.com and it went pretty well.
    Nice queuing system and I got decent seats within about 25 minutes .
    2 gigs in Boston,you cant tell me that there would be less demand for those concerts than the gigs this morning and it took ~40 minutes to sell out.
    This one minute sell out thing is utter nonsense,you cant even fill in your details that quickly.

Of course the Vip tickets are still on sale for Bieber ,I'd hazard a guess that a huge proportion of seats are vip tickets
    The "Where Are You Now" VIP #Purpose Experience,345 euro

This package includes:
    1 Premium ticket*
    1 premium merch package created exclusively for VIP #Purpose fans
    Dedicated VIP entrance
    Exclusive #GetClosertoJustin Laminate

345 euro for some crap merchandise,a laminate and a vip entrance,whoop de doo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I think that most of the adds on Done Deal at the moment aren't genuine. I called about 10 of them. 8 no replies and the 2 that answered said that they had been pranked.

Advertisement