Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Investigates: Monday 7th December 2015

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Skid X wrote: »
    Seen it a million times, "sure no-one ever fills out those things properly, you're only drawing attention to yourself ... leave it blank or write n/a and claim you misinterpreted the question"

If you've don't have active efficient oversight with significant sanctions then the rules won't be followed.

Rules without sanctions have no meaning Skid....;)

I have a very dark side of me wanting to see Fintan doing something bad.

Like an overdue Library Book.........

How is Beaumont tonight Leo?....

I was there yesterday, it was chaos??....

Should Leo not use the word "apparently" before the word bribe??....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

These councillors will resign from the party before being pushed. They will run as independents at the next election. They will top the poll as the local people give two fingers to the national media persecuting honest decent men, etc. The story will be the national media are to blame and things will go on as they have always done. And if they do top the poll, the voters are as guilty as these councillors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

These councillors will resign from the party before being pushed. They will run as independents at the next election. They will top the poll as the local people give two fingers to the national media persecuting honest decent men, etc. The story will be the national media are to blame and things will go on as they have always done. And if they do top the poll, the voters are as guilty as these councillors.

I agree.

Michael Lowry is a joke.

Except for his neighbours. Obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Ha theres no show like a joe show....that man should be going to jail.

Leo is a Teflon Minister for Health.

Edit.

Leo is Teflon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Guaranteed to top the poll if he runs as an Independent for Sligo-Leitrim at the next general election ;)

• Advertisement

Should Leo not use the word "apparently" before the word bribe??....

Yeah, that point wasnt lost on me either Grey. A strange lapse for the usually pitch perfect (and always charming) Mr Varadkar.

I have this vision of all the top execs in multinational companies burning off DVDs of Councillor O'Donnell's presentation for re-training all their Sales staff in the morning.

Leo is a waste of space.

He is the worst Minister for Health ever.

I can't understand his "cashmere" glove treatment in RTE and the general media.

Can't wait to hear the West's opinion if I can ever get home again?

This had been a very pleasurable thread.......

Imagine??.....xxxgsw :)

Will Boards ever be mentioned when they talk about "the internet"??....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Leo is a waste of space.

He is the worst Minister for Health ever.

I can't understand his "cashmere" glove treatment in RTE and the general media.

As I've said elsewhere, he's FG's answer to "Teflon Bertie" .. talks a good game and always has comments on OTHER departments, but does very little in his own (he did nothing in Transport either).

Despite all this though he's seen as "young" and "in touch" and certainly him coming out during the SSM referendum didn't hurt his popular/populist image.

What's worse is there are many who genuinely believe the spin and think he could be a good replacement for Enda.

"New politics" indeed!

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    As I've said elsewhere, he's FG's answer to "Teflon Bertie" .. talks a good game and always has comments on OTHER departments, but does very little in his own (he did nothing in Transport either).

Despite all this though he's seen as "young" and "in touch" and certainly him coming out during the SSM referendum didn't hurt his popular/populist image.

What's worse is there are many who genuinely believe the spin and think he could be a good replacement for Enda.

"New politics" indeed!

You're in danger of getting a hug Kaiser.

:D:D:D

Can't wait to hear the West's opinion if I can ever get home again?

This had been a very pleasurable thread.......

Imagine??.....xxxgsw :)

Will Boards ever be mentioned when they talk about "the internet"??...

Nah, they're too obsessed with the Twitter machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,367 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I agree. If these men and others like them throughout the country have made a career out of politics, I can't imagine it's been made on the back of altruism and always keeping the public interest as their guiding light in all things. Instead it seems to be thanks to their gift at "getting things done" for a bit of cash, and I can't imagine the way they conduct their business will come as a shock to many of their constituents. If polls will be topped by gombeens like this, it'll show how happy people are to let business as usual to continue.

You're in danger of getting a hug Kaiser.

:D:D:D

I never refuse a hug :) You should see me rant in the Politics Cafe ;)

Nah, they're too obsessed with the Twitter machine.

If Boards was like Gogglebox Harry you'd be paired with............The Milk Tray man......:p

I just don't get the "tweet machine".....:(

• Advertisement

I never refuse a hug :) You should see me rant in the Politics Cafe ;)

I doubt they'd let me in Kaiser........I'm of dubious character.....:D:D:D

If Boards was like Gogglebox Harry you'd be paired with............The Milk Tray man......:p

I just don't get the "tweet machine".....:(

I'd gladly take a seat on Steph and Dom's sofa instead. They've got a drinks cabinet that Shane MacGowan would be proud of ;)

I'd gladly take a seat on Steph and Dom's sofa instead. They've got a drinks cabinet that Shane MacGowan would be proud of ;)

I was terribly disappointed with them on the LLS Harry.....

Bit of a fake "paddy-whackery" and vacuous interview...I wanted more background on them....:o...bad interview from Mr. T all around. I'd say he's never seen a full program actually.......:eek:....I've a better bar!....;)

I'm going on the lash with Scarlett if I get the chance...:D:D:D

Little grey and I are going to do a pub crawl with her given the chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

There should be term limits on all politicians. 2 terms of 4 years are more than sufficient time for people to be in any public office.
    After that your looking at people being in jobs for life and they have an unfair advantage over anyone else coming in.

The fact the standards in public office watchdog can't even launch an investigation and are 100% answerable to the government is a farce. It just shows this kind of stuff goes right from top to bottom.

There should be term limits on all politicians. 2 terms of 4 years are more than sufficient time for people to be in any public office.
    After that your looking at people being in jobs for life and they have an unfair advantage over anyone else coming in.

I'd go a bit further...

- Maximum of 3x 4 year terms for any TD. Ends the "job for life" nonsense that has Enda Kenny in the Dail for 40 years!!!

- No party can serve in Government more than 2 consecutive (4 year) terms

- A reform of our electoral system in general.
    It's clear that an increasing number of people feel that no main party represents them given the rise in the "Independent" vote (in quotations because in many cases they're FG/FF/LAB cast-offs anyway!) and the low turnout generally at election/referenda (SSM one aside). There should be a minimum turn-out percentage required for an election to be considered valid. If it fails to meet that, they have to start again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

I'd go a bit further...

- Maximum of 3x 4 year terms for any TD. Ends the "job for life" nonsense that has Enda Kenny in the Dail for 40 years!!!

- No party can serve in Government more than 2 consecutive (4 year) terms

- A reform of our electoral system in general.
    It's clear that an increasing number of people feel that no main party represents them given the rise in the "Independent" vote (in quotations because in many cases they're FG/FF/LAB cast-offs anyway!) and the low turnout generally at election/referenda (SSM one aside). There should be a minimum turn-out percentage required for an election to be considered valid. If it fails to meet that, they have to start again.

I'd agree with all that, apart from the government party one. There are some parties we should block out. For instance say a large ukip type party was to emerge their chances of being in government in the next 20 year's would be vastly improved.

Enda Kenny is a dynasty politician. He got elected because his father died in office and he got voted in. He's never left and has essentially become Taoiseach through preserverance and good timing, which is a ridiculous situation.

Advertisement