Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Investigates: Monday 7th December 2015

Options
  • 07-12-2015 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭

We've been hearing about it all day. Can't wait to see the full version of Mr McElvaney in particular.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Romantic Ireland's dead and gone. It's with O'Leary in the grave

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

But what will happen anyone of them..nothing...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Jaysus, could he be any more Killinaskully. Dressing in a shabby oul jumper, speaking with his mouth full, cursing in front of the lady at the business meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I'm embarrassed that they are public representatives.......

Can't wait to see the "I knew it was you all along" spiel..........

***Spoiler Alert***

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/i-knew-i-was-being-set-upi-lured-her-into-my-trap-councillor-at-centre-of-planning-bid-controversy-wanted-to-expose-rte-dirty-tricks-campaign-against-him-34264382.html

Actually - that's not a very good spoiler alert............ :(............

• Registered Users Posts: 33 cailin8

Jaysus, could he be any more Killinaskully. Dressing in a shabby oul jumper, speaking with his mouth full, cursing in front of the lady at the business meeting.

I think they beeped out the name of another person or company.. That was a very long beep for cursing!

• Advertisement

Joe should watch Ms. Marple more often..........

cailin8 wrote: »
    I think they beeped out the name of another person or company.. That was a very long beep for cursing!

Seems like this guy does work for the same person or company. :pac:

Bit of a "Joe wow" factor here....

Independent all the way apparently!!....

I have to know where is the camera? Is there a roving handbag/File in a "secret kabinet"......??....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Hilarious how Donegal man said that RTE have exposed his business methods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Jayney it's depressing

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Heart jumped for a second, but it's clearly not the real Hugh McIlvanney (the excellent Scottish Sports Journalist)

Not surprised by any of this in the slightest.

Just heard Philip Boucher Hayes today and he reminded me of the last time McElvaney was in the news.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/councillor-apologises-for-incident-on-flight-to-boston-1.51387
    It was reported that the councillor was abusive to staff and upset passengers after he was refused drink on a flight to Boston. It was also reported that Cllr McElvaney introduced a fellow councillor to cabin staff as the Taoiseach's wife, Mrs Finola Bruton, and said she would "fix" Aer Lingus and staff on board the flight. He was later cautioned by airport police in Boston.

They should have brought ten grand in Sterling in the bag, hand it to him, then get the guards to pick him up on the way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,902 ✭✭✭blackcard

That man should be going to jail

• Registered Users Posts: 9,404 ✭✭✭irishgeo

RobertKK wrote:
    I read the replies in this thread, but I see nothing in it for me.

Hilarious how Donegal man said that RTE have exposed his business methods.

The revenue should be very interested in all of this.

Joe, I bet you'll be quaffing on the Cava rather than the Moet tomorrow!!....

Seriously, isn't he a fool??....

The Undercover journalist should have asked him to throw in a few Medical Cards and College Grants while he was at it.

Skid X wrote: »
    The Undercover journalist should have asked him to throw in a few Medical Cards and College Grants while he was at it.

I'd like a couple of those?....:D

Send it on Skid....Sterling......;)

Is that a photo of the Bull McCabe in the background (when he is resigining)?

I've just realised I was 4 minutes behind.....

"Don't tell anybody else"....

Hahahaha!!!!

• Advertisement

McElvaney told Northern Sound’s Joe Finnegan Show that he understands people may find it hard to believe that he was only acting.

“They’ll find it incredible, as I say, I put PJ Gallagher and Mike Murphy in the shade. I don’t require any bribes or any corruption,” he said.

“It was a piss pull, it was what we call ‘taking the piss’ out of RTÉ and I proved it,” he said.

Asked why he didn’t just hang up the phone, McElvaney said that would mean the show wouldn’t air.
    “There’d be no show, there’d be no show and I wouldn’t have had the opportunity to show RTÉ up, the state broadcaster, for what they are.”

http://www.thejournal.ie/hugh-mcelvaney-2487223-Dec2015/?utm_source=shortlink

Padraig Flynn isn't in the same league as Hughie

I was gonna say it's a pity that Pat Kenny wasnt presenting the follow up program instead of Claire Byrne, but Pat Kenny would probably have a conflict of interest himself, having controversially been involved in the rezoning of his neighbours land (i.e. as his own land).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,404 ✭✭✭irishgeo

No show like a Joe show!

I was gonna say it's a pity that Pat Kenny wasnt presenting the follow up program instead of Claire Byrne, but Pat Kenny would probably have a conflict of interest himself, having controversially been involved in the rezoning of his neighbours land (i.e. as his own land).

Ah now Peter, it's time to build a bridge......;)

Sure, didn't the courts deal with that.......

Skid X wrote: »

Padraig Flynn isn't in the same league as Hughie

Seriously impressive Skid!!...

Joe feeling like a drowning rat now I'd say.....

Had they no cop on at all???

What was wrong with them?

Well, in fairness, it works for the O'Leary Supremo in Tipp!

So a form where you say where you live and what you own is difficult?....

• Advertisement

Seen it a million times, "sure no-one ever fills out those things properly, you're only drawing attention to yourself ... leave it blank or write n/a and claim you misinterpreted the question"

If you've don't have active efficient oversight with significant sanctions then the rules won't be followed.

Advertisement