Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People Of The Year 2015 RTE1 9.50pm

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72,114 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Noel Whelan's eyebrows deserve their own award.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

There wasn't much canvassing in rural Ireland.

Noel Whelan's eyebrows deserve their own award.

Does he dye his eyebrows?

Different colour to the rest of his hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Adi & Marty are 2 great people. Their work in trying to carry on to remember Hugh even though when that time is really really tough.

Fair play to them. Best of luck to them for the future.

No offense but they haven't changed the world, I wouldn't go and kiss a man in Qatar, Saudi Arabia or most middle eastern countries and say look Ireland changed the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

RobertKK wrote: »
    There wasn't much canvassing in rural Ireland.

And that is true.

Basically it all happened in Ranelagh, and some bits of Cork, or so they tell me.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Azrel

Still beats another week of the Ray Darcy show.

Wow, he can run up a field with an inflated piece of leather faster than other men can run up a field with an inflated piece of leather. What a hero.

delaad wrote: »
    And that is true.

Basically it all happened in Ranelagh, and some bits of Cork, or so they tell me.

In Kilkenny, it was the by-election, we were delighted to see the back of big Phil.

Most of these players will end up with brain related diseases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Yeah, and could take a few belts as he went.

Mmf.

Something in my eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,153 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Paulie, a great man and human being.
    So many could take example of being truly great.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Adi & Marty are 2 great people. Their work in trying to carry on to remember Hugh even though when that time is really really tough.

Fair play to them. Best of luck to them for the future.
    I asked that they be included in the santa strike force list of charities and now they are.

Incredible what can be achieved by being just a member on boards sometimes. One small post might make a difference to a charity.

Can never escape Ray Darcy....

Water John wrote: »

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm here? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Oh god, it had to be something about jogging didnt it. In Ray's eyes, unless you jog and eat porridge (with fruit bits in it) you shouldnt be getting an award for anything.

How did you hear about it, Ray?

You pushed the wrong buttons :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Oh god, it had to be something about jogging didnt it. In Ray's eyes, unless you jog and eat porridge (with fruit bits in it) you shouldnt be getting an award for anything.

FFS what that nurse did is amazing, that woman might be dead otherwise.

I eat porridge with fruit before I ever heard Ray Darcy does, but I always find it hilarious when people pot about Ray and porridge, there was a classic last week about his ancestors guarding a porridge factory during the rising.

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    FFS what that nurse did is amazing, that woman might be dead otherwise.

Ray and porridge is an ongoing joke.

Marvelous work in saving her life.

They did great work in saving lives in the Med, but the question now is how many terrorists slipped through.

Yes well done lads, now we have another 20,000 or so people to house on top of our own homeless..

RobertKK wrote: »
    They did great work in saving lives in the Med, but the question now is how many terrorists slipped through.

And the more people they rescue, the more that will come. They essentially just become a cog in the wheel of the people trafficking machine.

Didnt that tall chap already win the last award. :p

Compromising navy jacket and evening dress combo!

And the more people they rescue, the more that will come. They essentially just become a cog in the wheel of the people trafficking machine.

After Paris, they gave €3 billion to Turkey to keep them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Radio5

On a side note are these awards taking place in RTE Donnybrook this year?

Irish Times said "The ceremony was presented by Gráinne Seoige and reporter Aidan Power in the Radisson Blu St Helen’s Hotel in Dublin".

I have to say it looked like a studio setting for the few mins that I saw of it.

You'd have to wonder why Grainne is still around with only this, Crimecall and 2 All Ireland progs per year. Is she still an RTE employee or freelance ?

If the latter, you'd wonder why she can't get more TV work at this stage or go back to TV3 news like Alan Cantwell did.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Water John wrote: »

Sporting achievements aside, I always thought he comes across as a little bit dim.

• Advertisement
Advertisement