Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People Of The Year 2015 RTE1 9.50pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

If Joe Duffy wins a "buk" prize after all the publicity hes generated for himself I'll eat the award....somehow.... :(

And if Leo shows his snout, I want him in a Taxi straight to Beaumont Hospital to sort of the A&E debacle....It think it's called "doing his job".

• Registered Users Posts: 72,114 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Teresa Mannion for Bravest RTE Weatherwoman Type :D

Hello Grainne :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

How long has yer man been going to the men's shed and he doesnt know which end of the hatchet to use.

I stood up tall when George finished that speech, and I don't know why.

• Advertisement

Urgh, another Louis Walsh creation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

God help us, but the shed is a pub with no beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

A brilliant project. Well done to them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

The lights are flicking on and off here, time to shut down the laptop, it blew up the last time, tell me what happens lads! xxxgsw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Well la di da a John Deere

• Advertisement

:(

A lot more farming accidents than you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

So sad, I would say as a farmer, we all know a farmer or a person from a farm who died from a farm accident.

Is this live?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

On a side note are these awards taking place in RTE Donnybrook this year?

People who deal with grief striven people are great people. Horrible job as it is hard, but it has to be done.

"No matter how much we did, none of us were there to catch them when they fell".
    :confused:
    Bit of an odd thing to say ?

Terrible tragedy, I cant help thinking of the absolute terror they must have felt when the balcony gave way.

Such a horrible tragedy, can't imagine what the victims family and friends are going through.

No harm to these folk, but 2 weeks ago, and in a week, 5 young Irish people died accidently in Australia. Their news lasted a day.

delaad wrote: »
    No harm to these folk, but 2 weeks ago, and in a week, 5 young Irish people died accidently in Australia. Their news lasted a day.
    yes I know ..... Probably because they didn't all die in the same incident ? Still the same loss .... but so little made of it.

I also thought it was a strange thing to say (we weren't there to catch them) ????

Not sure about the timing on this one Grainne.

I'd say it's the only game of soccer where everybody runs away from the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Not sure about the timing on this one Grainne.

I'd say it's the only game of soccer where everybody runs away from the ball.

Not all muslims are terrorists you know and that's what projects like that are trying to achieve.

Schwing

I think the 'we weren't there to catch them' was about - yes they are getting praise but what they did changed nothing, they weren't there to prevent it. they were just there when it was too late and probably see it as doing what is natural.

I dont get this. Everybody else leaves their religion at the door, but the Muslims always want a special case or else it's discrimination. And I dont remember reading anything about women playing soccer in the Koran. Also, aside from the religious issues, surely it affects her peripheral vision.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Not all muslims are terrorists you know and that's what projects like that are trying to achieve.

I was in New York two weeks aftre 9/11, one of the first things I saw in Queens after leaving the airport was all these muslim childiren leaving a school, and one couldn't but help think of how these people and their families must feel even thought they did nothing wrong.

I was getting worried that I hadn't seen Wee Daniel on my TV for at least 24 hours...

Apart from the men's sheds, there is so much sadness with these awards along with great people.

RobertKK wrote: »
    I was in New York two weeks aftre 9/11, one of the first things I saw in Queens after leaving the airport was all these muslim childiren leaving a school, and one couldn't but help think of how these people and their families must feel even thought they did nothing wrong.

The irony being that everybody should really have been looking at the Israelis.

God, you could just feel that woman's pain through the camera. Must be so dfficult.

I dont get this. Everybody else leaves their religion at the door, but the Muslims always want a special case or else it's discrimination. And I dont remember reading anything about women playing soccer in the Koran. Also, aside from the religious issues, surely it affects her peripheral vision.

I doubt you do, son.

• Advertisement

Nearly another hour to go people. Let's push it really hard here, and see if we can get the full three pages out of this thread before the show finishes. :pac:

Advertisement