Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfast Harbour Police - Recruitment Campaign 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gazf84

WannabePC wrote: »
    Dear John for me too. I'm not surprised as I had to rush the form before starting nightshift on the closing date. Fingers crossed C2 goes my way and I get the call for the next squad in February!

Are you on the merit list?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sheepsy

rndj wrote: »
    Just got an email to say that I've progressed to the next stage. Happy days!

Me too :-)

Sheepsy wrote: »
    Me too :-)

What did you put down with regards to relevant experience?

WannabePC wrote: »
    Dear John for me too. I'm not surprised as I had to rush the form before starting nightshift on the closing date. Fingers crossed C2 goes my way and I get the call for the next squad in February!

Good luck.

gazf84 wrote: »
    What did you put down with regards to relevant experience?

Without going into detail I've had loads of experience from my current job of working with crowds including during evacuations, high security situations and dealing with the drunk and disorderly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭D4z

Same with me mate. I don't know why either I'm in the forces and have had plenty of relevant experience. It could be anything people with degrees, in management roles etc stand a better chance, with only 4 or 5 jobs on offer its very tough.

I have 4 years experience working with adolescents with behavioural issues, dealing with drunk and disorderly behaviour, 1 to 1 class room setting for drugs and alcohol awareness. Also running youth groups for 18-21 year olds.

Thought I would have got passed the application stage at least, might contact them and ask why I didn't get short listed as I would like to know what factors went against my application.

D4z wrote: »
    I have 4 years experience working with adolescents with behavioural issues, dealing with drunk and disorderly behaviour, 1 to 1 class room setting for drugs and alcohol awareness. Also running youth groups for 18-21 year olds.

Thought I would have got passed the application stage at least, might contact them and ask why I didn't get short listed as I would like to know what factors went against my application.

Yeah I hear what your saying, God knows what way they shortlist the applications as everyone who fills them in will have met the criteria. The PSNI recruitment process is bad enough and made worse by a recruitment agency carrying out the first two stages!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭rndj

My background is tailored toward people and business management, customer focus and team working as well as security, auditing and carrying out investigations. It's quite varied and I found it helpful when giving examples to the application questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

Are you on the merit list?

I have everything done and dusted, not sure if vetting has cleared yet though. I'll contact them at the start of January to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Shaggy15

Just wanting to see who else is still in the current pool this year I've just completed the first of the 3 assessments really not feeling confidant at all 👎 anyone any ideas how many are left in?

• Advertisement

Shaggy15 wrote: »
    Just wanting to see who else is still in the current pool this year I've just completed the first of the 3 assessments really not feeling confidant at all 👎 anyone any ideas how many are left in?

I'm still in but haven't done the three assessments yet because of work but I'm planing on doing them tomorrow or Friday.
    I'm not sure how many are still in this but if PSNI call me first I'll pull out of this.

The time frame allowed on the error one is crazy trust me do the practice ones first. I gave up on the psni few years ago over the 50/50 so my eggs are truly in the one basket good luck

So far, I've passed the online assessments and have an interview next week. Fingers crossed

Got my dear John awaiting feedback tho for future recruitment. Good luck to all that made it through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

So far, I've passed the online assessments and have an interview next week. Fingers crossed

Good luck with the interview I did it last year.

All the best with the interview. I've had confirmation that I've now passed and cleared everything for PSNI C2 so I'm hoping for a call for that so pulled out of this campaign.

Well I had the interview and to be honest, it could have gone better. Just waiting on word now to see if I've made it through...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

cuckoo123 wrote: »
    Belfast Harbour have just posted a vacancy for trainee police officers.  Won't let me post the link here but details are on the Belfast Harbour website.

https://belfast-harbour.erecruit.co.uk/erecruit/company/jobs.do;jsessionid=A31A0F6AF5F9575FAD937A724E30455E

I will give it another go. After last time, I know what to expect now.
    Although I've also progressed to vetting with PSNI, if there's one thing I've learned when it comes to the recruitment process it's don't put all of your eggs in the one basket!

I will give it another go. After last time, I know what to expect now.
    Although I've also progressed to vetting with PSNI, if there's one thing I've learned when it comes to the recruitment process it's don't put all of your eggs in the one basket!

Did they have a PCA or is it a beep test?

• Advertisement

I made it as far as the interview. Didn't make the fitness test unfortunately although from what I know, the training takes place at GV. Whether or not that includes PCA or not I don't know.

Thanks, wasn't sure where the fitness element came in the process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

You gonna apply homer?

Last time was:
    1) application
    2) various online exams
    3) exams at the HQ
    4) interview

I can only assume the vetting, medical and fitness followed thereafter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭hopeful2017

I can't see it being a big recruitment campaign. I'm also awaiting a call from the 1509 as I have passed everything. Not sure if I should apply.

Last time, there were only 3 vacancies

Timetravel wrote: »
    You gonna apply homer?

Think I might do. PSNI is first choice all day long but good to have options.

At least Harbour Police is more varied than Airport Police. Although they only have 24 constables and 7 sergeants so promotion prospects could be limited.

FFS! I'm stuck already on the first page.

When it asks if you have any licence endorsements does mean 'live points'? I've had points but nothing in last 6 years. I would have thought the real detail would be for the vetting forms.

I would say no endorsements if that's the case homer. Surely any endorsement greater than 6 years would have lapsed by now

• Advertisement

I would say no endorsements if that's the case homer. Surely any endorsement greater than 6 years would have lapsed by now

Thanks, that's what I was thinking too.
    For the PSNI vetting forms you have to put EVERYTHING so I included every point I ever got.

Advertisement