Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Belfast Harbour Police - Recruitment Campaign 2015

«13456

Comments



  • Thanks for moving, I wasn't sure if I should start a separate thread.





  • I would apply just in case C2 doesn't work out for but I don't have this;

    "at least two of which must be continuous, in a responsible role where the post holder has regularly provided directions/guidance to the public, using an appropriate convincing and influencing style to ensure such advice is followed"

    I'm sure that will rule a lot of people out too.




  • Any experience working with the public would do though. If you're working in a call centre, you fulfil the requirements easily enough. I suppose it's all in the wording.




  • It's the being employed for so many years out of the past 5. That rules me out. God damn kids lol!!! Tbh I find that really awful. I have the qualifications and more than enough relevant experience but couldn't apply, I wonder if there's many suitable candidates out there who are in the same position. Just sounded wrong to me, what's wrong with hiring someone whose been unemployed for a number of years through no fault of their own. They could be missing out on some awesome recruits pulling a stunt like that :-/


  • Advertisement


  • No mention of fitness levels required or even age limits.
    Massive difference in pay from PSNI officer.

    I do think the inclusion of an interview is essential as it should be with the PSNI process.

    I'll be giving it a go. Although I do wonder if they're just looking for current and former PSNI.




  • Mop a top wrote:
    It's the being employed for so many years out of the past 5. That rules me out. God damn kids lol!!! Tbh I find that really awful. I have the qualifications and more than enough relevant experience but couldn't apply, I wonder if there's many suitable candidates out there who are in the same position. Just sounded wrong to me, what's wrong with hiring someone whose been unemployed for a number of years through no fault of their own. They could be missing out on some awesome recruits pulling a stunt like that :-/

    Mop a top wrote:
    It's the being employed for so many years out of the past 5. That rules me out. God damn kids lol!!! Tbh I find that really awful. I have the qualifications and more than enough relevant experience but couldn't apply, I wonder if there's many suitable candidates out there who are in the same position. Just sounded wrong to me, what's wrong with hiring someone whose been unemployed for a number of years through no fault of their own. They could be missing out on some awesome recruits pulling a stunt like that :-/

    Apply anyway. You'll give yourself a chance and it costs nothing. As you say, you know you can do the job. Give them the chance to hear you make your case.




  • Have many people on here applied for this?




  • Have many people on here applied for this?

    I applied for it just in case c2 doesn't go my way. Medical this week so let's hope it does! My application was very rushed before I had to leave for work last night so hopefully they'll still process me.




  • WannabePC wrote: »
    I applied for it just in case c2 doesn't go my way. Medical this week so let's hope it does! My application was very rushed before I had to leave for work last night so hopefully they'll still process me.

    I did an application for the same reasons, but it wasn't my finest work and with medical coming, it was a bit half hearted if honest.


  • Advertisement


  • Best of luck to you both I hope you both get accepted in the PSNI. Least you both as far as the medical that is great news :-) I doubt the Harbour Police will be taking on many and no doubt there be over 1000 applicants if not more.




  • Best of luck to you both I hope you both get accepted in the PSNI. Least you both as far as the medical that is great news :-) I doubt the Harbour Police will be taking on many and no doubt there be over 1000 applicants if not more.

    Someone asked on their Facebook page and they said 3 or 4 to be taken on this time round.




  • Very small number. Not much different to the student airport police who are rocking out at 2 posts.




  • Someone asked on their Facebook page and they said 3 or 4 to be taken on this time round.

    Yeah, I think with these types of positions, once someone is in, they very rarely leave. I think someone else post that previously the average age of officers in the Harbour Police was 40.




  • I didn't apply. Didn't leave myself enough time to complete the application form.
    They appear to progress applicants based on a good application so rather than rush I just left it.

    I got the impression the application is as important as any other part of the process. Basically the opposite to the PSNI application lol




  • Try will probably weed out a high number even before the questionnaire. I could be one of those said weeds!!!




  • I'm at the medical stage for C2 but stuck in for this as an added opportunity. I could of put more effort into the application but had to work around available time due to work atm. I'd say with only a few posts available and the amount of current/ former PSNI that will go for it that I'd not get a look in.

    The process time scale is unreal when you've been going by PSNI standards. It's a bit unclear about when you'll be doing fitness etc as it's not mentioned in the breakdown but it is mentioned at other times in the literature.

    Hopefully we'll get a yes or no about moving to the next stage shortly.




  • Sheepsy wrote: »
    I'm at the medical stage for C2 but stuck in for this as an added opportunity. I could of put more effort into the application but had to work around available time due to work atm. I'd say with only a few posts available and the amount of current/ former PSNI that will go for it that I'd not get a look in.

    The process time scale is unreal when you've been going by PSNI standards. It's a bit unclear about when you'll be doing fitness etc as it's not mentioned in the breakdown but it is mentioned at other times in the literature.

    Hopefully we'll get a yes or no about moving to the next stage shortly.

    You'll probably end up getting a call for the next squad at GV before the end of January anyway bud if you're at the medical stage now.




  • Has anybody that applied for the Harbour Police received a response other than the HR email thanking you for the application? The closing date was last Sunday and the workstrengths questionnaires start Monday 21st.




  • No got nothing . Not holding my breath that I actually will either.


  • Advertisement


  • I wouldn't even mind if I've not been progressed. It's not knowing that's the pain




  • rndj wrote: »
    Has anybody that applied for the Harbour Police received a response other than the HR email thanking you for the application? The closing date was last Sunday and the workstrengths questionnaires start Monday 21st.

    I haven't heard anything since then either. I thought they'd of sent a not successful email if nothing else just to be professional




  • Just got an email to say that I've progressed to the next stage. Happy days!




  • rndj wrote: »
    Just got an email to say that I've progressed to the next stage. Happy days!

    Brilliant! Well done. I've heard nothing so far.




  • Well done on getting to the next round

    I just got the Dear John




  • Well done on getting to the next round

    I just got the Dear John

    Me too. Never despair, Christmas soon:-)




  • Sorry to hear that guys, and thanks for the good luck




  • Dear John for me too. I'm not surprised as I had to rush the form before starting nightshift on the closing date. Fingers crossed C2 goes my way and I get the call for the next squad in February!




  • I got the old "regrettably, I am writing to advise you that on this occasion", although I'm not exactly sure why as I met all the criteria and made sure my application was well wrote.


  • Advertisement


  • D4z wrote: »
    I got the old "regrettably, I am writing to advise you that on this occasion", although I'm not exactly sure why as I met all the criteria and made sure my application was well wrote.

    Same with me mate. I don't know why either I'm in the forces and have had plenty of relevant experience. It could be anything people with degrees, in management roles etc stand a better chance, with only 4 or 5 jobs on offer its very tough.


Advertisement