Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Account

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Mr E wrote: »
    From looking around social media, it looks like it won't work with rooted phones.

Nice way to throw your fans in the trash.

top that off I cant log into My Nintendo with my NNID because my 'email is already registered'. When I log in via my email I get kicked out

• Registered Users Posts: 16,573 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I can't log into My Nintendo on my phone either. F*cking ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Took about 6 tries to log in, but I'm in now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,553 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm in, it's just installing a bunch of data at the mo

• Registered Users Posts: 28,915 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Does Miitomo work on tablets? Or just mobiles?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Why? Why won't you pronounce the hard G in Geebags???

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Doesn't work on my rooted Huawei g7. Not sure why, it's not doing the rating in the play store any favours though.

My G7 isn't rooted, still doesn't work...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭Nollog

I use root cloak to hide the fact i'm rooted from miitomo.

I just guessed that's what was up when launching it and everything just went quiet for 5 seconds followed by "has stopped working".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Mine working fine only I have no friends to add:-( doesn't look like you can add internet friends only Facebook and Twitter and face to face.

iamtony wrote: »
    Mine working fine only I have no friends to add:-( doesn't look like you can add internet friends only Facebook and Twitter and face to face.

I wonder how the face to face thing works, would it work if we did it online, telling each other what symbol to press.

• Advertisement

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I wonder how the face to face thing works, would it work if we did it online, telling each other what symbol to press.

I've no idea I don't think it could be as simple as that or you would get hundreds of hits when you just press one of the 4 options.

I did it with my daughters phone and mine both android phones but it didn't say connect via WiFi or bluebooth or anything so I honestly have no idea what wizardry it used.

Finally got connected to both services. A proper nightmare but it's done now. I would like to change my NNID. I don't like it and want the NNID I used on my first Wii U.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,553 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Works great on my Nexus 6...

iamtony wrote: »
    I've no idea I don't think it could be as simple as that or you would get hundreds of hits when you just press one of the 4 options.

I did it with my daughters phone and mine both android phones but it didn't say connect via WiFi or bluebooth or anything so I honestly have no idea what wizardry it used.

It asked me to turn on location services, my guess is it uses the latitude and longitude to be magical. Maybe Ireland is small enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

...so we could all grab a GPS location spoofer, choose a quiet patch of the Ocean and use that as our Meeting Room to add boardsies?

How about this nice spot in the gulf of Guinea?
    https://www.google.ie/maps/place/2%C2%B009'00.4%22N+4%C2%B011'27.3%22E/@2.6341669,2.0324036,6z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0?hl=en
    There's a convenient money transfer service near by (no, really - zoom right in), and the GPS co-ordinates (02.150118 04.190905) spell "Boardsie" if you convert each 2 digit number into a letter...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Banjo wrote: »
    ...so we could all grab a GPS location spoofer, choose a quiet patch of the Ocean and use that as our Meeting Room to add boardsies?

How about this nice spot in the gulf of Guinea?
    https://www.google.ie/maps/place/2%C2%B009'00.4%22N+4%C2%B011'27.3%22E/@2.6341669,2.0324036,6z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0?hl=en
    There's a convenient money transfer service near by (no, really - zoom right in), and the GPS co-ordinates (02.150118 04.190905) spell "Boardsie" if you convert each 2 digit number into a letter...

Eh, I'm lost....

How do you add friends to Miitomo when you are not on Facebook and Twitter?

I like it though, so far it's kept my interest.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I use root cloak to hide the fact i'm rooted from miitomo.

I just guessed that's what was up when launching it and everything just went quiet for 5 seconds followed by "has stopped working".

Yeah that worked for me too. I'm on

Banjo wrote: »
    ...and the GPS co-ordinates (02.150118 04.190905) spell "Boardsie" if you convert each 2 digit number into a letter...

giphy.gif

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Star Lord wrote: »
    giphy.gif

:D

But previous speakers raise an interesting conundrum. Facebook? Friends? I use the aforementioned to hide my nerdiness from the latter. Will the situation improve if I share my squeaky voiced Mii in Toon Link regalia?

I'm also still not getting the points situation and different balances between myNintendo and Miimoto.
    I bought Ocarina 3ds online as a test and I'm impressed that this (at last works) and that it (at last) tells you what you already own in digital format.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Looks like I managed to make my nintendo account by liking my Nintendo ID. Website is bare bones, just lists rewards and missions, so I dont really understand the point of it.

I cant find any My nintendo app on android store though, which is weird.

• Advertisement

They've updated Miitomo, and it's working on my G7 now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Fiddling with Miitomo and it's clear why it's such a smart choice for their first mobile app.

best changlog on the playstore "fixed issues"...

i alteady eatned enough points for the zeldo picross game. no 3ds with a working eshop though.

Wright wrote: »
    Yeah. Redonkulus. And this new miitomo/my nintendo system is more convoluted than it needs to be too. Their 'unified platform' could be far more unified IMO. Three bloody forms of digital currency in the new system. Three. Miitomo, Platinum and gold or stars or whatever. FFS. Not to mention there's still a lot of emphasis on 'regions'. I've no hope for the NX being region free. Their games are some of the best out there. On everything else, I want to bloody shake them.

It does seem a bit much having 3 currencies. 2 will do. I can't see Miitomo lasting, sure it's been downloaded loads but I think that's mostly down to the novelty of Nintendo's first mobile game and it being free. But I find it so boring, silly and childish(maybe aimed at a younger crowd). I'm done with it already unless Nintendo have major plans to upgrade it. It's probably just a test on Nintendo's part and I wonder if they're using all the information from the questions as a market research gathering engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Wow, Miitomo is a bit naff, isn't it?

It's a bit addictive if you're into it though. That's where the money is.

Mr E wrote: »
    Wow, Miitomo is a bit naff, isn't it?

It's awful and it feels like it appeals to nobody.

For what it's worth, I kinda like it. It's like a cut down version of Tamodachi Life. I do think they need to add more to it though.

It's not great but I'm having a bit of fun with the missus and my six year old daughter with it. It's kind of a thing your only have fun with close friends or family.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

One thing I noticed about it which was a shocker to me is you can type swears as a response and it's fine with it. Feck, fúck, cünt, bitch, bastard... You get the idea.

This is a major change from Nintendo being that company which wouldn't let you type too many numbers for fear it was a phone number!

Advertisement