Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Account

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

May turn on the 3ds so, to get my ID off it. Was waiting for fire emblem to turn it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

On the latest Nintendo email, they have this entry for Miitomo.
    Maybe this is old news, "Free to start" is a bit ominous and implies a definite paywall (rather than simple IAPs for costumes and gear).
    How well do you really know your friends?

Miitomo is a free-to-start*** smart device app from Nintendo. Make a Mii that looks just like you, and communicate with your friends. Preregister to receive the latest information on Miitomo!****

***Offers in-app purchases.

****Miitomo will launch in the following countries in March: the UK, Ireland, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Luxembourg, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands, Russia, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, U.S., Canada. Preregistration is only available in these countries. Miitomo at launch will support the following languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Russian and Japanese.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Mr E wrote: »
    On the latest Nintendo email, they have this entry for Miitomo.
    Maybe this is old news, "Free to start" is a bit ominous and implies a definite paywall (rather than simple IAPs for costumes and gear).

It's been pretty well publicised (at least I thought so) that they plan to sell costumes for the Miis etc...

Yeah, but you don't see candy crush or any other freemium game being advertised as "Free to start".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Yeah, that phrase implies a cap or progression limit. Could even be a trial period followed by periodic sub payment, like Pokemon bank. Given that Tamodatchi life didn't exactly set the world on fire, how addictive and compelling do the think a mii based chat app is going to be? Most people are waiting for it with bemused curiosity, not baited breath...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

I hope miitomo falls flat on its arse, along with any other mobile/tablet release. I want my Nintendo games on a console, hand held or TV based. Please and thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I remember reading an interview with, I think, Iwata where he said he they didn't like terms like free to play for games that use the term. He felt it wasn't descriptive of the product and felt "Free to start" was a more suitable term. Isn't Badge Arcade Free to Start as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I hope miitomo falls flat on its arse, along with any other mobile/tablet release. I want my Nintendo games on a console, hand held or TV based. Please and thanks.

They are going to be mobile based so wont have much comparison to console games etc. Very different animal altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

MY NINTENDO HAS LAUNCHED IN JAPAN, FULL LIST OF REWARDS AVAILABLE

http://gonintendo.com/stories/254167-my-nintendo-has-launched-in-japan-full-list-of-rewards-available

And Miitomo has also launched in Japan.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Installed it but was told my Nintendo ID region was wrong :(

• Advertisement

Miitomo launch trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG1iYz5rlYs

It's strange seeing the Nintendo logo load up on a smartphone. Am I the only one who thinks this looks really boring? I'd have no interest in this other than the platinum and gold points that can be earned from it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

I'm curious about the birthday points/discounts because my birthday is the end of April.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

You need to set your region to Japan to download it , but you'll lose all data when you install the eu version later. A fried of mine downloaded it and says it feels just like tomodachi life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,412 ✭✭✭Nollog

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/nintendo-co-ltd/miitomo/miitomo-1-0-0-release/miitomo-1-0-0-6-android-apk-download/

If you enable installing from unknown sources in android you can install an apk for it.
    [That website works by downloading a version from the play store every few weeks or when requested, so it should be safe.]
    It's apparently all translated and everything, they're just not out yet here on the local play stores.

Obv. you can't log in with our region ID's yet though you can check it out without an ID.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

/\/ollog wrote: »
    http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/nintendo-co-ltd/miitomo/miitomo-1-0-0-release/miitomo-1-0-0-6-android-apk-download/

If you enable installing from unknown sources in android you can install an apk for it.
    [That website works by downloading a version from the play store every few weeks or when requested, so it should be safe.]
    It's apparently all translated and everything, they're just not out yet here on the local play stores.

Obv. you can't log in with our region ID's yet though you can check it out without an ID.

Maybe it's just me but it downloaded and seemed to install okay but it won't open.

Not to worry anywya, I'll just wait for the localised EU one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,412 ✭✭✭Nollog

america is getting miitomo on march 31st well likely get it then too.

my.nintendo.com will have a shop on it too apparently.

We are getting it on the 31st as well. We're getting a new and supposedly improved eShop. It'll also be accessible from PC and smart devices. Thing is though that points it seems will only be available on digital games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

sligeach wrote: »
    We are getting it on the 31st as well. We're getting a new and supposedly improved eShop. It'll also be accessible from PC and smart devices. Thing is though that points it seems will only be available on digital games.

If we are getting a new super-improved eshop on 31 March, you'd have hoped for a bit more by way of eshop offers to launch it.

No new SNES launches (which would have been great to shove out as a cross-buy. Buy Earthbound for 3DS and get Wii U version for free)

No major releases for WiiU, apart from a very over priced Wii re-release.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Happy Miitomo day...
    Wonder when it's due to go up on the app stores?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Star Lord wrote: »
    Happy Miitomo day...
    Wonder when it's due to go up on the app stores?

Nintendo UK said on Twitter that it could be late in the day. But I wanna play with it at work!

• Advertisement

Do I have to have my new Nintendo account active before I get the app? Or can I link it later?
    Not sure of my 3ds ID and I'm too lazy to turn it on and it won't be turned on until May.

sligeach wrote: »

It's definitely digital only? Well that's the end of my rewards.

My Nintendo is now available in Europe.

https://my.nintendo.com/

Looks like the online eshop is up and running too. They know what I have installed/previously paid for.
    Flipnote Studio 3D is a free download.

Anyone know how to change the currency to Euros?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

Mr E wrote: »

Doesn't work on my rooted Huawei g7. Not sure why, it's not doing the rating in the play store any favours though.

Doesn't work on my rooted HTC M8 either. Balls...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Fine on my unrooted Moto G. Might be the Rooted thing. Or that app that people use for keeping other apps in check but that potentially can be used for cheating... forget the name.

You're not missing much so far. And if you own Tamodachi Life, you're not missing anything at all.

Can't link my NNID, keeps saying the password is incorrect.

• Advertisement

From looking around social media, it looks like it won't work with rooted phones.

Advertisement