Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos reveal final Irish Black Friday deals - here's 11 of the best and when they are

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

***CODE NOW GONE***

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

The new kindle paperwhite wifi in Argos is €110 down from €120 yesterday and overall €150 have been hyming and hawing over getting a kindle for a few years now and went to buy it on Amazon yesterday and was working out at €130 with the crap exchange rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    rarely use the Tassimo, coffee is ok, but not amazing....

Got rid of mine. I'd say coffee was drinkable, but not ok ☺
    Love my aeropress.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Duvetdays wrote: »
    The new kindle paperwhite wifi in Argos is €110 down from €120 yesterday and overall €150 have been hyming and hawing over getting a kindle for a few years now and went to buy it on Amazon yesterday and was working out at €130 with the crap exchange rate.

Cheers for that. Had one ordered on Amazon since Wednesday for £81.99 which works out near €120. Still hadn't been dispatched by this afternoon so after reserving one in Argos Swords, I cancelled my Amazon order. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Love my aeropress.

I think it's relative!

Ok to me is drinkable, depends on your criteria!

On a scale of 1 to 10, it's a 4....

As I said.... Depends on the individual, and how can drinkable not equate to ok??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

adox wrote: »
    Cheers for that. Had one ordered on Amazon since Wednesday for £81.99 which works out near €120. Still hadn't been dispatched by this afternoon so after reserving one in Argos Swords, I cancelled my Amazon order. :)

Mine was a Christmas present from the husband we're crap at presents though have it opened already! Bit smaller then I thought but nevertheless really like the paperwhite display and the X-ray function that tells you about each character. Hopefully it won't be a dust collector.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Wexy86

I have a code for the the below laptop in Waterford if anyone is interested? I thought it was Wexford I selected and not able to spin down. Valid until EOB Monday

Toshiba C50-B-13N Satellite Celeron 15.6 Inch 4GB 1TB Laptop 245/7747 €279

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭m4rkiz

ninty wrote: »
    Dont think thats true because it lets you reserve it now so it cant be sold to anybody else tomorrow except your res. no. which has the deal price on it

If you reserve a product and the price changes (due to normal fluctuations e.g. goods going into or coming out of promotion) before you collect the item, you may request to pay the lowest of i) the price on reservation or ii) the prevailing price in store at the time of collection. This will also apply if your reservation is extended but not if the reservation collection window has expired.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

NATLOR wrote: »
    T32 (suny) model in store at Dunnes from tomorrow @ €35 and half price discs

Can't seem to see this online... Is this offer still available?..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Depends, is it the latest gen model available directly from Amazon for £35 with free delivery to Ireland (the same price) or an older model?

Prices quoted on Amazon.com are not inclusive of sales tax so you can easily add an extra 15-20℅ depending on the state it gets shipped to

Is that the same one's that are in Argos, for around the same price?

• Advertisement

Love my aeropress.

I've heard a lot of hype over it, but only a noob at this, i enquired at dunnes to see if the tassimo suny@€35 was there, manager said none there, but plenty of Dolce Gusto as he had one!

But i'd guess it's like ink cartridges, the pods will cost you a lot, as the manager said afaik €6.80 for 8 cappucino!

That's a lot! but do people just choose which coffee maker is cheapest?

Apologies for off topic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

But i'd guess it's like ink cartridges, the pods will cost you a lot, as the manager said afaik €6.80 for 8 cappucino!

Remember the cappucino is 16 pods so its the price of 16 coffees, if you buy in bulk on amazon it works out about 60c per cup.

I think the tassimo coffee is ok but by the time you've added the milk protein concentrate 'creamer' it tastes like sachet cappucinos to me, waste of coffee.

I've heard a lot of hype over it, but only a noob at this, i enquired at dunnes to see if the tassimo suny@€35 was there, manager said none there, but plenty of Dolce Gusto as he had one!

That's a lot! but do people just choose which coffee maker is cheapest?

Apologies for off topic

I bought some pods in Tesco ... €3.74 for 8 x Latte and the €3.74 for 16 x standard coffees I think... They are discounted till the 15th December AFAIK...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭carefulnow100

Wexy86 wrote: »
    I have a code for the the below laptop in Waterford if anyone is interested? I thought it was Wexford I selected and not able to spin down. Valid until EOB Monday

Toshiba C50-B-13N Satellite Celeron 15.6 Inch 4GB 1TB Laptop 245/7747 €279

I just sent a pm there, I'll take that code if you still have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 shando09

I bought some pods in Tesco ... €3.74 for 8 x Latte and the €3.74 for 16 x standard coffees I think... They are discounted till the 15th December AFAIK...

Thanks for that info.. Panicked and bought this coffee machine before i read the thread this morning.. Anybody know of any "better" coffee machines for up to €100? I'll just return this one if i find something..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

There's nothing at all wrong with the Tassimo. I've been using one for a year now and it's great.

Can't seem to see this online... Is this offer still available?..

Wasn't online for me either & had mentioned it to the manager, seems he didn't know either, i'd say just in papers only?
    Remember the cappucino is 16 pods so its the price of 16 coffees, if you buy in bulk on amazon it works out about 60c per cup.

I just saw the Amazon link in this page, seems cappucino is £17.50, appears to be cheaper with Sub & save, nothing i know of?
    Suppose you got a taster of this, as i dont spend that much on tea & instant coffee:P

I think the tassimo coffee is ok but by the time you've added the milk protein concentrate 'creamer' it tastes like sachet cappucinos to me, waste of coffee.

:confused: Pray tell, what's that, is that the stuff you get in Nescafe cappucino cartons & would you be better off with that if you're not a big coffee drinker, but thought they maybe better taste?

But if you don't like it, can you take it back?
    As it seems there's quite a lot to choose from as i noticed better makes
    here as well??

Thanks

Purchased the Tassimo Suny in Dunnes Stores today it cost €35 for some reason the store in Letterkenny was only adding them today while other stores may have got them sooner so this may be why manager had no idea about it...

If theres other Dunnes about it may be worth checking with them...

Purchased the Tassimo Suny in Dunnes Stores today it cost €35 for some reason the store in Letterkenny was only adding them today while other stores may have got them sooner so this may be why manager had no idea about it...

If theres other Dunnes about it may be worth checking with them...

Thanks, as L'kenny would be my nearest, can't believe it's that price compared to the price on Tassimo.ie for € 129.00 & € 137.00 on Argos.ie :eek:

Some reviews on tassimo, mention the water filter not being big enough?

I noticed someone has mentioned there's an updated one in Currys & it would blend right in as its the same colour as my Mother's counter, she loves red! afaik the suny is only black?

Thanks, as L'kenny would be my nearest, can't believe it's that price compared to the price on Tassimo.ie for € 129.00 & € 137.00 on Argos.ie :eek:

Some reviews on tassimo, mention the water filter not being big enough?

I noticed someone has mentioned there's an updated one in Currys & it would blend right in as its the same colour as my Mother's counter, she loves red! afaik the suny is only black?

Hopefully it wasn't just a Cyber Monday sale and is still €35 by the time you get a chance to call in... The water filter lasts for about 3 cups on full... Depends on the amount of coffee you want out of it I suppose, I much rather these machines with T Pods than the other ones as you can just leave this one be and it will just do the work itself..

Yeah I was tempted by the Vivy also but when I walked into Dunnes and asked whether they had any, I instantly was like hmmm I will take one of these so :P

The Suny is white, or at least the one I got is white.. But maybe they have different colour ones as just seeing online that theres a few different colours..

I have got to try the Oreo, Americano and Latte Machichino... All are pretty reasonable... The Latte tasted a bit different to me than a normal latte but I didn't mind it... Americano and cappachino would probably be the best pods, although I am not much of a fan of cappachino's :p ...

Each pack can make this amount of drinks:

Cappachino - 8
    Oreo - 8
    Americano - 16
    Latte Machichino - 8
    Espresso - 16

Most of the packs cost either 3.74 or 4.74 in Tesco and Dunnes, I know Tesco has that deal on till 15.12.15 which is 25% off all pods..

• Advertisement

Hopefully it wasn't just a Cyber Monday sale and is still €35 by the time you get a chance to call in... The water filter lasts for about 3 cups on full... Depends on the amount of coffee you want out of it I suppose, I much rather these machines with T Pods than the other ones as you can just leave this one be and it will just do the work itself..

Yeah I was tempted by the Vivy also but when I walked into Dunnes and asked whether they had any, I instantly was like hmmm I will take one of these so :P

The Suny is white, or at least the one I got is white.. But maybe they have different colour ones as just seeing online that theres a few different colours...

when looking for diff colours, I came across the range of colours here

You can choose from two colour choices (Real Black or Snow White),

Also i noticed in Currys, it was €120 down from €160 :eek:, i wonder would they match that price if you told them, just to see if they would actually do it!:P
    I have got to try the Oreo, Americano and Latte Machichino... All are pretty reasonable... The Latte tasted a bit different to me than a normal latte but I didn't mind it... Americano and cappachino would probably be the best pods, although I am not much of a fan of cappachino's :p ...

Each pack can make this amount of drinks:

Cappachino - 8
    Oreo - 8
    Americano - 16
    Latte Machichino - 8
    Espresso - 16

Most of the packs cost either 3.74 or 4.74 in Tesco and Dunnes, I know Tesco has that deal on till 15.12.15 which is 25% off all pods..

Thanks, there was also Tassimo Costa Latte@€3.26,
    I came across more at Dealz, I've posted in the Dealz thread -> Tassimo Carte Noire - Cafe Long Delicat & Morning Cafe for €4

Advertisement