Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan 4000 Euro Scrappage

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafal

TBi wrote: »
    Quick question which i know any nissan dealer could answer but i really don't want to call them just yet.

Can you qualify for 4000 euro scrappage if you aren't going for PCP?

Yes, I took the deal, without PCP. In my case I got 5500 for our 10 yo Prius.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

TBi wrote: »
    Quick question which i know any nissan dealer could answer but i really don't want to call them just yet.

Can you qualify for 4000 euro scrappage if you aren't going for PCP?

you can get the scrappage regardless to what way you pay the rest of the money... it's all about what suits you and what you can afford.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭jony_dols

Rafal wrote: »
    Jony,

The cold pack delivers heat at about 1/4 of the energy expense of using a traditional heater. It also has other benefits, like heated steering wheel, mirrors, front and *rear* seats which people I chatted with find very comfortable.

If you are looking for options of faster charge-ups using non-Rapids, like ESB street-level Type 2 sockets, I'd suggest you seriously consider the 6.6 kW charger options, as it will double the speed of otherwise "slow" chargers, assuming you have access to 7.2+ kW ones.

Paul is very helpful, do take time to discuss what you need with him. He may not feel the 6.6 kW option is as important. I had to convince him otherwise. :)

Enjoy, and I might see you there next week, as my new Leaf is coming to Paul in the same load as the demo you will be driving, I was told.
    The cold pack is great and will save energy because you won't need the heat up as much but you will still need heat and in all honesty the heat pump is very efficient once the temps stay above 5 Deg C , below this there is little heat to extract from the air outside and it becomes less efficient. But from about 5 Deg C above the heat pump will not consume a noticeable amount of energy to make much of a difference to range. In winter the Air is usually colder and more dense meaning it takes more energy to move through it, add to that wind and wet roads, these consume far more energy than the heater, a lot of people get too hung up on heater consumption which in reality is a tiny proportion of the load on the leaf, while it makes a difference it doesn't make a noticeable difference. Other things like lights and wipers also don't matter in the slightest. I drive with the LED headlights on all the time because the day time running lights look terrible ! Pre heating off the mains though does make a difference. Slightly but it does matter.

What is noticeable is pre heating, always pre heat from the mains if you can because while the car is warming up it consumes a lot of energy until it's warmed up the interior.

And another piece of advice, if you have no pre heating from the mains for your return trip then don't preheat the car from the app or timer because it consumes a lot more energy and the reason is because the heat pump is not active until the car is turned on so preheating uses the resistive only part of the heater. Only turn on the heat after getting into the car, it warms up amazingly fast anyway after 2 mins should be blowing reasonably warm air and after 3-4 mins should be hot air.

Invest in the 200-300 Euro granny cable not the 800 Euro's Nissan cable, the 6.6 Kw charger is vastly more useful than any granny cable, you can always get the granny cable later on, if you get the 3.3 Kw charger you're stuck with it as long as you have the car. Guaranteed the 6.6 kw charger will be the best thing you will buy with the 30 kwh more than even the cold pack. I would not part with the 6.6 Kw charger in the 24 Kwh leaf and it may mean you can charge enough form the standard street charge points so you won't then need to look for fast chargers, or if you do will mean a lot less time needed at a fast charge point.

You will have a very hard time charging the 30 kwh battery from the granny cable this is why I say the 6.6 Kw charger is a lot more useful than a 1.8 Kw supply from the granny cable and probably only 1.5 Kw of that going to the battery. It would take about 18 hrs to charge from empty but you won't or shouldn't charge from this low charge so maybe 15-17 hrs. compared to 9 hrs with the 3.3 Kw charger and 4.5 hrs with the 6.6 kw. All from 0%.

Paul told me I could have the 30 kwh for a few days, can't wait. I've not buying one though because after a year into my contract it's not worth putting 6-7 K into a new car with 40-50 Kms more range when I have the work charge point. However a 40-60 Kwh leaf is a completely different ball game and I would rather wait until then to put more money into.

Whatever quotes you get , get them in E-mail or SMS for to have a backup including any scrappage offers and make sure before you sign the contract everything adds up !

Again, top info lads. 6.6 kw it is & cold pack 'ti is!

Yeah Paul in Barlo isn't a fan of the 6.6 Kw but I told him "yeah , sure, you got a 45 Kw charger outside your door , I've to live with the leaf and telling people they don't need the 6.6 Kw charger is not necessarily the best information to give them.

Advertisement