Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pebble Smartwatch (Black) - Currys - €69.99

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Tweaky wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone else here ordered online from PC World/ Currys. They seem to be taking a long time to despatch. I ordered on Sunday and would have expected to hear something by now or at least my order to move from a status of pending. Anyone else in the same boat ?

Thanks

Their site is complete rubbish. Never again. In store service is the same, I should have know better really.. Cancelled orders, refunds that take ages to come around.. I've sworn never to buy from any DSG shop again. Worst retailer operating these days IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭now online

Techmaster wrote: »
    Their site is complete rubbish. Never again. In store service is the same, I should have know better really.. Cancelled orders, refunds that take ages to come around.. I've sworn never to buy from any DSG shop again. Worst retailer operating these days IMO.

I ordered as well Sunday I have confirmation email but not a word since. I hope it comes soon in fact I need it to come soon !!

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Techmaster wrote: »

First time ordering online from them so didn't know what to expect - keep the fingers crossed - price gone back up to € 100 so really hoping we get our deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,818 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, best just reserve to collect online if you've one near you.

I've had similar delays with them in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

So mine arrived yesterday. Not too bad of a delay in the end. The killer though it lasted all of two hours before showing issues. The screen became unreadable at times. Just returned it to my local PC World and they have ordered a replacement. Hopefully get it before the Christmas.
    The issue according to the pebble forums is known as screen tear. Below is a video of what it looked like on mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭now online

Tweaky wrote: »
    So mine arrived yesterday. Not too bad of a delay in the end. The killer though it lasted all of two hours before showing issues. The screen became unreadable at times. Just returned it to my local PC World and they have ordered a replacement. Hopefully get it before the Christmas.
    The issue according to the pebble forums is known as screen tear. Below is a video of what it looked like on mine.

I still haven't got mine after reading your experience in not sure I want it now

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

The steel looks so much better and, while a little clunky, hasn't aged imo. I wouldn't pay 70 euro for the basic, even though as basq said, it's the same inside. You're paying the extra for design not function.

For those wondering about other smartwatches, it's better to think of pebble as a text and email notifier on your wrist. And a week long battery. It does this very well.
    I've been using a Sony smartwatch swr10 and in general I still like it but I wish it told me the time! This seems like a logical progression but I am a little concerned by its age even though it seems to have the latest software updates and features. Can anyone offer any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

http://www.komplett.ie/pebble-classic-smartwatch-301bl/80040994/details.aspx

These are at €70 on Komplett with €9.95 delivery.

I got one from Argos on Black Friday. Love it! It's really the only other option for iPhone compatibility at the moment and for €70 is a no-brainer. It delivers every single notification to the watch, even the detail of whatsapp conversations. This isn't even on the Apple Watch. On the Pebble I have a Dublin Bikes, NextDart and a few fun watch faces. I can also change songs on my phone's music/Spotify while in the car while driving. I can mute notifications to phone calls only or off entirely. The battery is a non-issue, it totally liberates you as an experience. With a 24hr battery I think you'd be on a constant edge. I throw a few mins charge into the Pebble every few days and it's grand. The more expensive Pebbles only have a 2 day battery but obviously look a lot better, however €300 on a glass watch I would be afraid of losing or damaging it. I have a normal watch (Tissot) for times when I don't need to be so connected so it's best of both worlds.

I'd love to love the Apple Watch but it costs far too much for the functionality. Gen2 and Gen3 will hopefully iron out the gaping misses in functionality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

http://www.komplett.ie/pebble-classic-smartwatch-301bl/80040994/details.aspx

The more expensive Pebbles only have a 2 day battery but obviously look a lot better, however €300 on a glass watch I would be afraid of losing or damaging it.

This only applies to the pebble time round.

The Pebble Time and Time Steel are both provide 7 days of battery life.

I agree with the rest though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Berberis wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the watch is compatible with window phones.
    being looking it up and seems to be mixed results

I don't think it supports windows phone. In fact I'm pretty sure the only one that does support that is the Microsoft Band (1 or 2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

I haven't worn my pebble in a very long time because to my tastes it feels really cheap and clunky on my tiny wrist.

I really hate the rainbowing effect on the screen in direct sunlight or in cold weather. It's absolutely horrible and feels like a cheap toy. It's not a defect and pebble say that's just the way it is.

Picture of what it looks like: http://imgur.com/9JatDPq

About once a day I seemed to accidently trigger music playback on my phone from reaching into my pocket where a button press is triggered from catching on the outer lip of my jeans pocket too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,092 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

There was a firmware update for this pebble in December which brings it more in line with newer pebbles, gets rid of limit on number of apps and watch faces but bit slower switching between watch faces

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭vjmcdonnell

For 70 euro I think its a great thing. At least better than spending 400 on a smartwatch and finding you don't need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

had one on my christmas wish list and love it I have to say. Great when driving, just a quick glance at the wrist as opposed to that constant urge to pick up your phone.

Anybody recommend a good fitness app, have Misfit but don't know how much use it is really.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 cripesonfriday

For those who missed this in January Argos have it at the same price at the moment until 5th (or stock runs out obviously)
    Available in white, black and red.
    The Pebble Time is also reduced.

Advertisement