Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Space

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 madmen2015

When I wrote that post originally I didn't realise or maybe didn't want to believe what was going on with him, it was only during last Tue week's counselling session that the penny dropped that things weren't as they should be. I had hoped even then that I was mistaken or maybe I was completely at fault because to have to think otherwise meant I had to do what I didn't want to do. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to mislead anyone intentionally, even when i spoke to him before the weekend I had hoped that everything would be ok but my head told me otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭zeffabelli

madmen2015 wrote: »
    When I wrote that post originally I didn't realise or maybe didn't want to believe what was going on with him, it was only during last Tue week's counselling session that the penny dropped that things weren't as they should be. I had hoped even then that I was mistaken or maybe I was completely at fault because to have to think otherwise meant I had to do what I didn't want to do. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to mislead anyone intentionally, even when i spoke to him before the weekend I had hoped that everything would be ok but my head told me otherwise.

This maybe so, but no one made a snap judgement like you accused them of.

They made an assessment based on what you decided to present to them, so that accusation was unfair and wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

madmen2015 wrote: »
    I had to take time off work due to the stress of his constant demands.....texting & ringing, snapping the head off me, telling me how I should have my hair, how I should spend money, the money I earn, criticizing how I spoke, ate, laughed, drove, what I cooked, telling me how I should have rooms arranged in my house, what to say & not to say to HR, friends, workmen. .

Erm okay that all sounds a bit much after seeing the guy for 2 months, you felt sh*t only when he went away for a bit? I understand you've been in abusive relationships but surely if what you said is correct this is a warning?

Cut off communication and keep seeing your counselor is all I would say OP and good luck

Advertisement