Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best 161 commercial van - Auris/Focus/Other?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Jesper

celtic_oz wrote: »
    good choice, good price, when do u get ?

what colour :o

I got 3.9% APR .. u ?

Got it on the 7th Jan. They had a black 110bhp in stock so I just went with it. I Practically pushed my 02 Primera to the garage as the clutch was 3 gear changes from not finding gear again.

3.9% on the PCP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

Jesper wrote: »
    Got it on the 7th Jan. They had a black 110bhp in stock so I just went with it. I Practically pushed my 02 Primera to the garage as the clutch was 3 gear changes from not finding gear again.

3.9% on the PCP.

I just got told mine wont be ready until end of Feb, joke after ordering in November, so angry rang up a few Kuga dealers!

How are you finding the golf ? Is there anything you would have bought differently on it option wise ?

I just got told mine wont be ready until end of Feb, joke after ordering in November, so angry rang up a few Kuga dealers!

How are you finding the golf ? Is there anything you would have bought differently on it option wise ?

TBH when they said they had one in stock and just needed to be delivered I was happy enough with that and not adding extras.

I got the Flaps and Mats 'thrown in'. Which according to the docket would have cost e240. A tinted back window would be nice for security/privacy of cargo. I'll probably get a liner or protector for the back. Something easy to clean and remove if ever selling. My first van so new to the 'blind spots' of the back windows so parking sensors might be nice.

what did u do for insurance in the end ..

also private or commercial road tax?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Jesper wrote: »
    I bought a new VW Golf in the end. 1.6TDi 110 bhp (red I). Basic Trend line model but I mush say I'm pretty happy with the speck. It's got the 161 pack which is apparently worth 3000. This costs €161 but gives all the steering wheel controls, Bluetooth, cruise control, USB connection, . it's got the start/stop technology and apparently gets 74mpg. Touch screen display.

Anyway after some hard negotiations it cost €19,500 (inc.500 trade in for a car worth probably 0). So 19 with 3 services, 3 yr bumper to bumper warranty, 3 yr roadside. For the flaps and mats thrown in €240 and 161 pack (€161) for free.

Happy with it so far. PM if want some details.

Congrats on the purchase. I got one last year, fuel economy is good but mine is a 5 speed, really miss a 6th gear and I reckon it would be much more fuel efficient with one.

When I got mine the bluetooth, cruise etc was called the "Business Pack" and was free! Bit mad they are charging 161e for it now. I don't think you can even spec a Golf van without the pack now anyway?

They are very refined for a car/van, I had a loan of a 5 door car version and could not notice a difference.

I went with Wrights Insurance Broker - Carlow company with a few offices arround. They got me insurance €600 with Zurich. Also got a good quote from Campion Insurance in Kilkenny.

Commercial road tax €333 - annoyingly would only have been €190 private. But for Benefit In Kind (BIK) purposes the car is commercial and owned by the company. Hence BIK is 5% vs. up to 30% for private.

Trying to figure out best 'fuel card' today. Looking at DCI card or Fuelwise.

Advertisement