Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Jones is England coach - Telegraph

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,922 ✭✭✭jacothelad

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Not going to get into an argument over it but this has not been a golden generation for France and England were ultimately very disappointing in the rwc. Yes the 6N 2015 was great but not because of 2 great English and French teams. That's all I'm saying. I'm Swiss actually ;)
    There's a malicious rumour doing the rounds that you have a job there going in and out of a little clock. I don't believe it for a second.......:D

• Administrators Posts: 53,564 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

.ak wrote: »
    I still think letting Lancaster go was silly. WC aside England have been very good under him.

He'd be getting a lot less criticism if he hadn't panicked and reverted to trying to play bosh rugby when the going got tough.

He won nothing during his time and all the talk was of him building a team for the WC, but England offered little when push came to shove, not helped by his crazy team selections.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭swiwi_

jacothelad wrote: »
    There's a malicious rumour doing the rounds that you have a job there going in and out of a little clock. I don't believe it for a second.......:D

Are you calling me a coq, jaco? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,922 ✭✭✭jacothelad

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Are you calling me a coq, jaco? :D

Nein....Or whatever they say in your canton......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

He's a big proponent of contracting internationals centrally and in a big way but you'd have thought it highly unlikely that that would happen in England.

That's probably because he's Australian and it seems perfectly natural to do that in an environment (both sporting and economic) where that makes sense. But it ain't going to work in Europe. There's just too many players, too much money and there's no way you can restrict the overall market for professionalism to just the national sides.

Personally I don't like the power of the big clubs and the sort of potentate that pulls their strings but it's a fact of life and we just have to get on with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

jacothelad wrote: »
    Nein....Or whatever they say in your canton......:D

Swiwi does seem to move around quite a lot....apt that Romany is one of the national languages of Switzerland

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    Swiwi does seem to move around quite a lot....apt that Romany is one of the national languages of Switzerland

Ha ha. It's Rumantsch (apparently a cousin of Latin) not Romany but nice try...

I say give Martin Johnson another lash at it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Just to point out, he wasnt the current japan coach. He was unveiled as the new stormers head coach only 8 days ago. So little more than a week into a 3 year deal and he's already gone again. Us stormers fans had such high hopes for next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

vienne86 wrote: »
    I'm surprised they have appointed an non-English coach, but I think they seem to have made a good choice. Good luck to him - awful job IMO. I too feel sorry for Lancaster - I thought he did a good job with England post Martin Johnson.

It's many things, but an awful job it is not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

It's many things, but an awful job it is not.

I assume he means managing public and press expectations and the pasting Lancaster took.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Was Jones out of contract with Japan?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,740 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Was Jones out of contract with Japan?

He was contracted to the Stormers afaik

Advertisement