Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Series of Darts Finals

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Stuart Pike is very annoying. He talks at a more or less normal level before breaking into spontaneous Mardle like exclamations. You'd wonder if they ever listen to themselves back and try to do it better.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Get in Wright!! At last something for the crowd to get behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

A look of steel in Wright's eyes as he makes it 5-4 there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Wright's a choker. Hasn't a prayer

Win or lose, this has been proven to be a complete lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Brilliant match, that 129 and an 11 darter from mvg was a touch of class

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Great final, Wright was fantastic and I really wanted to see him win but fair play to MVG, 11 darts in the final leg is tough to beat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Devastator wrote: »
    9/2 for a Wright win :D;)

Need lots(13 or more) 180s in this to have a strong finish

PHHHEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWW :D

Didn't expect Wright to win but he gave it a great effort, I tried to cashout in last leg and missed it lol

Sooooo close on the 180s bet, got to 13 in the last leg :D

Great final, MVG didn't have that easy but fair play to Wright, battled away and nearly took advantage of the crowd's help

Apparently that was MVG's 16th consecutive televised 100+ average! Incredible standard

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Had snakebite to win this out at 16/1 I think, unbelievably close.

But, had MvG to win 11-10 at 7/1 so not a bab weekend..

Peters definitely an eachway bet for the Players next week and the worlds. He has to win something soon hes 3rd best in the world at the minute in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 12,667 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

baz2009 wrote: »
    Win or lose, this has been proven to be a complete lie.

He'll fall to pieces in most of the tournaments he plays

• Advertisement

Ally Dick wrote:
    He'll fall to pieces in most of the tournaments he plays

You do talk some poop!

Wright didn't fall to pieces by anymeans. He was a dart away from beating the best player on the planet having come back frim 4 legs down. That shows great balls

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Had snakebite to win this out at 16/1 I think, unbelievably close.

But, had MvG to win 11-10 at 7/1 so not a bab weekend..

Peters definitely an eachway bet for the Players next week and the worlds. He has to win something soon hes 3rd best in the world at the minute in my opinion

I would have thought he might have been higher than that considering he was in same 1/4 as Wade, 1/2 as Taylor & then obviously likes of MVG to face in the final.

Looking at the draw I wouldn't be surprized if its the same 2 in the final next week, if not Wright then unfortunately Lewis could reach the final. Lot of big names of other side of the draw

You do talk some poop!

Wright didn't fall to pieces by anymeans. He was a dart away from beating the best player on the planet having come back frim 4 legs down. That shows great balls

His balls shrivelled up in the end

Ally Dick wrote:
    His balls shrivelled up in the end

Ok. His last 5 legs were his best legs of the match so I don't see where you're coming from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Ok. His last 5 legs were his best legs of the match so I don't see where you're coming from.

He's a bad troll. Just ignore him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Semis and final had some high quality darts

He's a bad troll. Just ignore him.

I'm not a troll. I have watched darts since 1979

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I'm not a troll. I have watched darts since 1979

Makes absolutely FA difference! Were you banned from the darts forum in the past for trolling? The last time you decided to pay us a visit was 4 years ago....and funnily enough it was just to act the slabber aswell!

WIKIPEDIA_-_definition_of_a_troll_-_yellow_background.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Lads if you have a problem with a post then report it and I will have a look at it. No backseat modding please.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

I do like Wright and enjoy watching him play but on occasions, I believe he's a bit brittle. Not quite in Barney territory, but I'd alway be reluctant to put hard earned cash on him. He does bring a touch of flair and panache to the oche unlike that moaney windbag!

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Disagree entirely, think Wright has a very laid back attitude on stage and is rock solid. That breakthrough win is coming soon, hes too good not to have won a tv tournament.

mdwexford wrote:
    Disagree entirely, think Wright has a very laid back attitude on stage and is rock solid. That breakthrough win is coming soon, hes too good not to have won a tv tournament.

Spot on. You never see him buckle or throw away big leads. He played fantastically well in the last 4 or 5 legs. He takes out big finishes at crucial times. Hes on par with the likes of Taylor Ando and Lewis the last year. It's only a matter of time until he gets the bit of luck.

Advertisement