Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oi oi lads were off to the euro's

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Imagine if we get france in our group and win 1 nil thanks to the hand of paddy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Bring back the beard!

I denounce you :mad::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Now watch the price of the ferries sky rocketing..:( :)
    Gone up by 400 euro since last Thursday :(

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

Anybody want to give me a lift to Coppers?

i'll bring ya but i've no insurance on the hellicopter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Wish they still had the ole Hovercraft from the UK :(

• Advertisement

vive le france

vive le difference

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

I think our players & management are better than Euro 2012. We should get into the knock out rounds.

We've proven we can take on world class teams a draw & win against Germany & comfortable 2 matches against Bosnia who were supposed to be the hardest team in play-offs.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Stheno wrote: »
    6th time aparently?

No it's our 6th time to qualify for a finals tournament but it's our third Euros having already been to 3 World Cups.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

TallGlass wrote: »
    I have a TV! But RTE isn't on Freeview on Astra. Besides the online player is a service just like the broadcast service, you wouldn't be saying get a computer if the broadcast went down! Alot of people use the online players, we are in 2015 not back in 1985. Some people don't have TV's and its not practical for them to get one so rely on the internet service.

You might think its funny to say get a TV, this is the national broadcaster we are talking about, not some one man operation. Anyway, my rant is over. Well done Ireland, I will be prepared for next time!

Stop moaning about RTE whilst you use a British system and get yourself Saorview.

TV Players are not always reliable when there is high demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I thought a match was 90 minutes? That one was about 4 hours long!
    If Bosnia scored one you felt they'd get another and we were out.
    It would have been very hard to take going out after taking 4 points off the Germans.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I thought a match was 90 minutes? That one was about 4 hours long!
    If Bosnia scored one you felt they'd get another and we were out.
    It would have been very hard to take going out after taking 4 points off the Germans.

You were told no moaning!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Anybody want to give me a lift to Coppers?
    Im on my way into D2 from Rody Bolands. Where are u?

eternal wrote: »
    You wete told no moaning!!

is that a double entendré?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

JonWalters19: Not one for selfies after games but you can't miss one with the president Michael D Higgins ☘☘ have a bit of that! https: //t.co/R2EeobeEZZ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

vimeo.com/145924358

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭shaunn

Ay ay, COYBIG! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Im on my way intwo D2 from Rody Bolands. Where are u?

Up the road a wee bit

• Registered Users Posts: 37,780 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Congrats Ireland (republic and northern) on getting there

Hopefully Waterford do well in the hurling next summer as it will make a great summer.

Now to start saving

Up the road a wee bit
    In Rathmines?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭emo72

Gaygooner wrote: »
    vimeo.com/145924358

whos superman? hes a bit of a character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

In Rathmines?

Couple of miles past it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

TallGlass wrote: »
    I'm so seriously ****ING annoyed at RTE for denying me this moment to watch the end of the match and see some celebrations. Seriously thinking they are actually capable of not doing anything correct apart from paying there staff over the odds.

There web player is not only riddled with ads, it forces you to disable the ad blocker software, something I question to legality of as YouTube and many other sites don't force this on you. But now it doesn't work! You would actually forget sometimes you pay money for this type of ****e.

And now there server looks to have crashed with a 503 error, so the national broadcaster cannot even keep a server online. What actually happens in RTE? Do they invest in anything, like normal staff, hardware etc.. or just pay 20/30 people ridiculous amounts of money.

Legality!? It's their site they can ask you to disable ad blocker if they want, its up to you whether you actually do or not.

As for the servers, they would have been smashed for the last 15 minutes or so. That kind of traffic would happen very very rarely, it would be a waste of money and resources to pump money into something that would only be needed once a year if even.

Delighted to see the lads go through. I'm not a huge fan of the international team, but delighted for them and the fans all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Let the Yank's feck off with their new rules for the J1's, all the students are going to the Euro's.:D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

facebook >

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

Yeah yeah funky yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Lads, things have changed since Stuttgart,
    http://www.irish-folk-songs.com/joxer-goes-to-stuttgart-song-lyrics-and-guitar-chords.html

Ford Transits and Hiaces and an old Bedford from Tralee
    With the engin overheating from longhauling duty free

There'll be no Bedfords nor Duty-free in France.:mad:

and we couldn't give a **** if we win the world cup cos irelands got the greatest football team, olé ole ole ole olé olé

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Or you could say that it would have been easy to see them not making it to France, seeing as how they only got 1 of 6 points from a very average Scottish team.

But they qualified! Yay!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Dunphy was close to crying at the, very tired and emotional

Advertisement