Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 6 | Episode 6 | Always Accountable [AMC] [SPOILERS]

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

Not to mention the hours worth of lovey dovey Glenn and Maggie filler rubbish that would inevitably come from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Am I the only one who thinks this season has been so bloody boring? The last episode of season 5 was amazing! episode 2 was the best so far from this season. Of course Glenn is alive, drag the arse outta it *sigh*.

And yet, no one is watch The Leftovers, go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

Am I the only one who thinks this season has been so bloody boring? The last episode of season 5 was amazing! episode 2 was the best so far from this season. Of course Glenn is alive, drag the arse outta it *sigh*.

And yet, no one is watch The Leftovers, go figure.

I think this season has been good other than Morgan episode...

Fully expect Glenn to survive... Why not? Zombies r eating guy on top of u, there's a dumpster beside u u can get under, and escape, so why wouldn't u try to do that? I think its just about believable in that zombies who r eating generally don't notice anything else.... But then again I like Glenn and want him to survive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

wrt40 wrote: »
    Not to mention the hours worth of lovey dovey Glenn and Maggie filler rubbish that would inevitably come from it.

Their relationship is far from over the top lovey dovey to be fair.
    It's an important part of the show, yes, but it definitely isn't shoved in our faces in my opinion.
    As you keep saying it is a story of humanity and relationships and bonds are integral to the survival of humanity.
    I find this Rick and Jessie affair in our faces though because it just seems soap opera like in its development.

My opinion is they have left us in the limbo too long with Glenn that it would be a complete travesty if there wasn't a twist (and he survives through that twist) . I don't think a writer who knows how much of a fan favourite Glenn is would give him such an anti climatic death. If he killed him off at the end of episode two and gave clarity as to his death that would make sense because yes, I concede the particular circumstances with Nicholas who was given another chance by Glenn being his eventual downfall would have been a sad and poignant death scene.

However 4 episodes on and no clarity is just taking the p1ss so Kirkman will know viewers would be annoyed if he just wrapped up the death in a short scene in next few episodes or even worse left it hanging. In this current scenario every bit of flesh will be ripped off him if the walkers get at him so he will be virtually unrecognisable for there to be any closure for all the rest of characters of his demise.

Yes I agree, sometimes in apocalyptic zombie world's closure is very rare considering the circumstances but not once in the walking dead or rarely any tv show have we not seen the other characters see closure on a primary characters demise. It's like a golden rule of writing these sort of shows.
    It's not about realism, it's about dramatisation. If people say it's unrealistic well think about the show you are watching! Flesh eating zombies ffs!!

I do however think either Glenn (when I am convinced he will reunite with the others) or Darryl or Carol will meet their maker by seasons end. This is not a spoiler Btw, I assure you. It's just my prediction that we are due a main cast death and they are my front runners sadly.
    They have never shyed away of killing main characters, only GOT has more shock value in that sense.

So I do think someone like Glenn is front runner to die by the Summer but not in the alley in my opinion and if he does die he will get a more dramatic and emotional death than that. And other surviving characters will witness it. Its just how drama has always worked. Yes the realism is thrown aside for dramatisation in shows like this but that's what the viewers want to see and people like Kirkman know that. (Well the vast majority of viewers anyway!)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I enjoyed most of the episode bar the Abraham and Sasha scene in the office. Since when did Abraham start talking like Eugene, well weird! Reckon one of them has to die after that scene

pc7 wrote: »
    I enjoyed most of the episode bar the Abraham and Sasha scene in the office. Since when did Abraham start talking like Eugene, well weird! Reckon one of them has to die after that scene

I think this was their attempt at develop his character but it just didn't work. The flashbacks in Season 5 really showed Abraham has the potential to be a great character, so damaged and self destructive but also very protective of others.

With so many characters now and many more coming it is going to be extremely hard to develop any individual character without it seeming forced.

I think this season has just tried to expand on his recklessness and need for danger. Perhaps it's related to his suicide attempt before he met Eugene. The drinking, the jumping out of cars, tackling walkers needlessly, putting his life in danger trying to get the RPG from the walker. Then he wasn't even bothered with it when the walker fell and he could have got it.

Even the Sasha thing. He has it great with Rosita but he is just so reckless and self destructive again after Eugene owning up that he is willing to throw that away. Just for the hell of it. I doubt he is too bothered if it's Sasha, Michonne or anyone. He just wants the buzz of living recklessly.

It's probably going to end in him directly causing the death of someone close to him (Sasha or Rosita) through his stupid behavior and him dealing with that. I can't see them killing him off just yet, hopefully not anyway.

I thought it was ridiculous that Sasha essentially said to him when He told he thinks she wants him to "sort things out first"... (IE dump Rosita)
    Sasha seems like a decent level headed woman. Why she would want to just succomb to him seems forced as hell. We have only seen a few scenes of interaction between them but suddenly this.

I'd say it will be Rosita who may be the victim between them. She will possibly find out about Sasha and Abe before he tells her, maybe rush off upset and be ambushed by either a walker or someone else which is witnessed by Abraham and he will then live with the guilt.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Too much focus on bad scene writing and Glenn's possible death. What I want to know about is when and where those rpg's will feature.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

delly wrote: »
    Too much focus on bad scene writing and Glenn's possible death. What I want to know about is when and where those rpg's will feature.

I think they are going to have some sort of dog day afternoon when ginger finally snaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

delly wrote: »

Will they use RPGs on the walkers outside Alexandria? Possibly better to save RPGs for next human enemies though..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

CramCycle wrote: »
    I think they are going to have some sort of dog day afternoon when ginger finally snaps.

He already snapped and brained poor Eugene. Then sat down and sulked for a whole afternoon.

I'd say the RPG's will probably be stored away in the armoury, then as this new crowd attack them in the season finale the little whingbag who was asking Rick to show him how to shoot will decide he'd like to help and end up blowing the wall to bits letting in the walkers, mayhem, war and eventual scarpering ensue a la the prison.

WTF was the scene with Abraham reaching out to the impaled zombie about?

WTF was the scene with Abraham reaching out to the impaled zombie about?

He was trying to get the launcher bit for the rockets which was on its shoulder

He was trying to get the launcher bit for the rockets which was on its shoulder
    That is literally what happened, but the cinematography was really bizarre. I'm wondering were they trying to convey something more that went over my head.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

That is literally what happened, but the cinematography was really bizarre. I'm wondering were they trying to convey something more that went over my head.

I think they were trying to convey him either having PTSD or some other traumatic stress disorder. He purposely makes the whole thing as awkward as possible, he could have easily just knifed the Z but instead makes a meal of it.

The camerawork also hides the fact that he was lying on a wire grating and aside from being improbable, it would have looked even stupider from a wider angle.

O right sorry. Ya did fell they were making a point alright but wasn't sure what either. Had it something to do with him being an army dude I wonder. The scene after was when he asked to get together with your one if I remember correctly so he must o had some sort of realisation that I missed.

Either that or he is just really happy now he will get to blow some **** up with his shiny new rocket launcher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

I think the conversation they had was about being forced to live rather than choosing to live. Like the life or death situations they put themselves in / find themselves in make them fight for themselves. But day to day in boring Alexandria they get depressed and hate their lives because they are not happy really deep down. They have nothing to live for.

So he purposefully put himself in danger to get that adrenaline rush so he'd want to live.

I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

They are following the narrative of a comic and are obliged to keep it to a similar tone. The show is essentially fantasy so the writing is always going to be secondary to the story arc, characters and special effects. This is what most viewers would say.

Complete nonsense

Advertisement