Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NASRPC's refusal to allow affiliation of clubs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭habitformin

Sounds like another grab for the cash to me. Just another tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭targetx

You obviously were not at the last AGM when this issue and others were discussed and democratically agreed, and when you would have had the opportunity to view the accounts and answer all your questions about expenditure. I doubt any of the anti-NASRPC minority on here were at that AGM.

targetx wrote: »

You obviously were not at the last AGM when this issue and others were discussed and democratically agreed, and when you would have had the opportunity to view the accounts and answer all your questions about expenditure. I doubt any of the anti-NASRPC minority on here were at that AGM.

What Expenditure?and I am Not anti NASRPC get your facts straight .just anti-bullying,anti-dictatorship,anti-backstabbing, anti-current committee, anti-lies. Again unlike this committee ,pro shooting, pro fair competition,
    pro fairness.pro openness,pro unity under threat of losing our sport.
    Be nice if we were notified of meetings, AGM or badly needed EGM it's easy get stuff through when you invite only your supporters and henchmen.they don't even listen to their members who give them their remit to operate. Absolute bull**** .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Be nice if we were notified of meetings, AGM or badly needed EGM it's easy get stuff through when you invite only your supporters and henchmen.they don't even listen to their members who give them their remit to operate. Absolute bull**** .

The details of the AGM have been up on the NASRPC website for a few weeks now, I can't remember exactly how long, but it's there so the AGM isn't a secret.

BattleCorp wrote: »

The details of the AGM have been up on the NASRPC website for a few weeks now, I can't remember exactly how long, but it's there so the AGM isn't a secret.

What about the EGM shouldn't that come first?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Trigerguard

I was at the AGM last year Habitformin there were 2 members from MTSC and 2 from An Riocht they voted against the motion but the motion was carried by the floor. But that should not concern you now Habitformin because your club is no longer members of the NASRPC.

I was at the AGM last year Habitformin there were 2 members from MTSC and 2 from An Riocht they voted against the motion but the motion was carried by the floor. But that should not concern you now Habitformin because your club is no longer members of the NASRPC.

With all due respect trigger. Only I know what clubs I have joined!
    Yes one is now out, booted out for having an opinion . But still this crowd purports to represent me and shooters nationwide?
    They do not. According to their own figures only four or five clubs out of fifteen are affiliated.anyone who disagrees with them has an automatic eject clause.
    What gets me is the self appointed "we are your leaders" and "shut up we know best"attitude even after saying they would re engage. Again I ask do they think they own shooting in this country ? I certainly want to pick the people who represent me .and I pick none of this lot. Only the mods keep me from explaining exactly what I think of this shower of Richards.if it costs a tenner to be allowed to vote this committee out of existence then it's worth that for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

What about the EGM shouldn't that come first?

If enough affiliated clubs asked for an EGM in the correct manner, then the Committee will have to answer for not calling an EGM if the rules say that they should have called one.

We'll see at the AGM if enough official requests were made as I'm sure whoever made the requests will be there.

It will all come out in the wash at the AGM.

That's all for fine. I firmly believe that thereis reason and calls for am EGM. All this is new to me.
    And yes it will be that they will have to answer, however correct protocol won't have been followed. Huge errors have been made and my pet hate and the whole reason I am on boards is HUGE DIVISIONS have been caused.I firmly believe we need to be together on this . The people that broke up our United front and tore apart a good solid representation that practically saved our sport are ducking and diving all over the place.
    Hiding behind different versions of constitutions .None of this is helpful. I will be gone off boards once this is sorted again the only reason I came on is to try and get the flawed but united front back together. It wasn't perfect but it was a damn sightbetter than this .

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭targetx

What gets me is the self appointed "we are your leaders" and "shut up we know best"attitude even after saying they would re engage. Again I ask do they think they own shooting in this country ? I certainly want to pick the people who represent me .and I pick none of this lot. Only the mods keep me from explaining exactly what I think of this shower of Richards.if it costs a tenner to be allowed to vote this committee out of existence then it's worth that for sure.

At the last AGM and each one before, the committee by default stood down and were re-elected. Each one offered their position if anybody else in the room thought they could do a better job - NOBODY stepped forward to take their positions. They are not self appointed, they are elected and many of the people who elected them are actually satisfied with their performance. But everyone is entitled to an opinion and to be respected for same. So all should have a nice Christmas and look forward to the next AGM :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭cra

So much going on here today but I think you are all missing the big picture, the "anti-NASRPC minority on here" (to quote targetx) are not anti-NASRPC and definitely not a minority, I personally think that the NASRPC is a great organization with great competitions and possibly a great future, I do disagree with the actions of the current committee and I am extremely frustrated by the attitude of the committee towards the current crisis. Just because nobody volunteered at the previous AGM's to take their place does not give them free reign to ignore the wishes of their members and a lot of their members called for an EGM. It will come out at the AGM is true but what good will it do then just drive a wedge deeper and deeper. As far as minority goes (Scalachi can correct me if I am wrong here) but there are 15 clubs that would be normally affiliated to the NASRPC, not counting Fermoy as they have not been members for a couple of years over another disagreement, 8 of those 15 have called for an EGM not a minority but a majority. You can agree with the committee and say that some of those clubs did not pay their affiliation on time or you can ask why late payment matters so much this year when it was never a problem in the past. In the end what happens, the committee can force the issue stand up at the AGM and make excuses for not calling an EGM and drive those clubs farther away or they can postphone the AGM call an EGM defend their actions, face their critics and sort this whole mess out.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭badaj0z

At the last AGM and each one before, the committee by default stood down and were re-elected. Each one offered their position if anybody else in the room thought they could do a better job - NOBODY stepped forward to take their positions. They are not self appointed, they are elected and many of the people who elected them are actually satisfied with their performance. But everyone is entitled to an opinion and to be respected for same. So all should have a nice Christmas and look forward to the next AGM :)
    They were reinstalled in their previous positions by default, No one else wanted the jobs and therein lies the problem. I, and many others have not been happy with the direction taken by the NASRPC in the past. Did we do anything about it? No. Why not? We were getting on with the shooting sports we found the most exciting and what they were doing was not impinging on us so we left it alone. When they joined the Sports Coalition, I and many others thought good, united we stand. Events proved me wrong and also proved that the mistake made by many of the clubs in the NASRPC was to not get involved and leave it run. Well they have gone too far on their solo run now and need to be reined in. The apathetic majority has stirred themselves and would like to get the NASRPC back on track, working for the good of the majority of sporting rifle and pistol shooters in this country. The really sad part of this whole affair is that the current committee started out with energy and dedication to improve things for us shooters. The sad thing for the rest of us is that we left them at it for too long and they lost the run of themselves. Their current behaviour is proof of that. The most important thing now to them is to stay in power at whatever cost, to them, to the clubs and to the shooting community in general. They have done strange things to prevent an EGM. Why? Because at an EGM, the clubs vote and they will lose. At an AGM the floor votes and they are banking on support from the two largest clubs, of which many of the current committee are members.I think that the friends of the committee in these clubs should have a quiet word with them about recognising that times have changed and so should they.

badaj0z wrote: »
    They were reinstalled in their previous positions by default, No one else wanted the jobs and therein lies the problem. I, and many others have not been happy with the direction taken by the NASRPC in the past. Did we do anything about it? No. Why not? We were getting on with the shooting sports we found the most exciting and what they were doing was not impinging on us so we left it alone. When they joined the Sports Coalition, I and many others thought good, united we stand. Events proved me wrong and also proved that the mistake made by many of the clubs in the NASRPC was to not get involved and leave it run. Well they have gone too far on their solo run now and need to be reined in. The apathetic majority has stirred themselves and would like to get the NASRPC back on track, working for the good of the majority of sporting rifle and pistol shooters in this country. The really sad part of this whole affair is that the current committee started out with energy and dedication to improve things for us shooters. The sad thing for the rest of us is that we left them at it for too long and they lost the run of themselves. Their current behaviour is proof of that. The most important thing now to them is to stay in power at whatever cost, to them, to the clubs and to the shooting community in general. They have done strange things to prevent an EGM. Why? Because at an EGM, the clubs vote and they will lose. At an AGM the floor votes and they are banking on support from the two largest clubs, of which many of the current committee are members.I think that the friends of the committee in these clubs should have a quiet word with them about recognising that times have changed and so should they.

Gotta ask the question .
    WHY is it that important to these people.?
    We want them out and fresh faces installed.
    We don't want to end the NASRPC just steer the organisation in a unified direction. It's time the top table went elsewhere. This committee has ended itself . No amount of spin can save them now .and still they refuse to call am EGM. And still they refuse to back up their reasons for not calling am EGM with a statement.
    Pure unadulterated ego massaging that's what's happening here.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭ntipptop

Scalachi wrote: »
    I can tell you for a fact, that several of the 5 clubs listed have not applied, completed forms or sent any monies to the NASRPC for affiliation this year, at any point.

just reading over some of the posts of the last few days and i see we are honoured to have the treasurer of NASRPC on this thread

question for you [mod snip]
    How many notification invoices letters have you sent to these so called non-affiliated clubs ??? this after all was your job?? no???
    it also seems that there was no invoices or receipts given for any monies received ?? care to comment??

Why if some clubs didnt pay or were late paying did you (NASRPC) shoot on their ranges and make off with the days takings ???

Ye are in the committee to over see the wishes of members and why have ye gone a solo run
    ye are not the owners of Nasrpc but mear managers
    ye were elected last year as everyone was happy up to that, ye were givena clear mandate in hilltop to get back into the s.c. bury the hatchet and get on with trying to save our sport(not yours by the way)

so get out there and clear up this mess before you have no clubs or sport
    call an egm or book a hotel for a WEEK for the AGM

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

[mod note] Keep it civil please folks. [/mod note]

ntipptop wrote: »
    just reading over some of the posts of the last few days and i see we are honoured to have the treasurer of NASRPC on this thread

question for you [mod snip]
    How many notification invoices letters have you sent to these so called non-affiliated clubs ??? this after all was your job?? no???
    it also seems that there was no invoices or receipts given for any monies received ?? care to comment??

Why if some clubs didnt pay or were late paying did you (NASRPC) shoot on their ranges and make off with the days takings ???

Ye are in the committee to over see the wishes of members and why have ye gone a solo run
    ye are not the owners of Nasrpc but mear managers
    ye were elected last year as everyone was happy up to that, ye were givena clear mandate in hilltop to get back into the s.c. bury the hatchet and get on with trying to save our sport(not yours by the way)

so get out there and clear up this mess before you have no clubs or sport
    call an egm or book a hotel for a WEEK for the AGM

Dident the clubs get receipts for money they payed if they did affilate if your not in you can't win.

Dident the clubs get receipts for money they payed if they did affilate if your not in you can't win.

I can only speak for my own club and we had only been members for a couple of years, we never received a invoice or any other request for affiliation fees, we never received any communication to say our affiliation fee was overdue and so have been unaware of any time limits regarding paying of the fee. On paying of the fee in previous years we had asked for a receipt but never received that either.

As for the notion that we should go to the AGM and have our say, how, we are not affiliated and therefore have no say and more importantly no vote.

As many clubs have found out in the last weeks, even if you have paid, and/or the NASRPC has run shoots on your ranges, you are not in, not if you are critical of the NASRPC committee that is!

well it seems that not all clubs got receipts for money paid
    so paper work isn't up to scratch!!!, so some clubs may have received receipts, if they pull with the committee, just saying !!

and if you don't pull with you get thrown out our have all paperwork refused due to it not being in on time (which is undetermined) Just saying !!!

Shouldn't the club's that allowed their ranges now charge the NASRPC for use of their facilities now that it has come to light that they were never affiliated.
    After all the only reason the got use of the ranges was they were members .
    You can't have your cake and eat it

• Advertisement

cra wrote: »
    I can only speak for my own club and we had only been members for a couple of years, we never received a invoice or any other request for affiliation fees, we never received any communication to say our affiliation fee was overdue and so have been unaware of any time limits regarding paying of the fee. On paying of the fee in previous years we had asked for a receipt but never received that either.

As for the notion that we should go to the AGM and have our say, how, we are not affiliated and therefore have no say and more importantly no vote.

Cra if I may bring to your attention the NASRPC constitution addresses the paying of affiliation.
    Clubs have to have their money payed within one month of the AGM and the constitution is there for any one that cares to refer to it.

Cra if I may bring to your attention the NASRPC constitution addresses the paying of affiliation.
    Clubs have to have their money payed within one month of the AGM and the constitution is there for any one that cares to refer to it.

You might read it out to the committee and show them the piece on calling an egm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭clivej

clivej wrote: »
    I've been bitting my tongue since reading all this sh1t about the NASRPC.
    I haven't seen Des Crofton's name mentioned once.
    "Originally Posted by clivej
    I haven't seen Des Crofton's name mentioned once."

Why would his name be mentioned what has he got to do with it this is an internal matter for the NASRPC, at least 8 clubs that have been affialated have called for an EGM this has not happened that is the discussion, Des Crofton does not come into it.
    I can only speak ..................

........"As for the notion that we should go to the AGM and have our say, how, we are not affiliated and therefore have no say and more importantly no vote.".........

And that is why you don't know what your talking about. If you had been to ANY of the meetings you would know what Des Croften has to do with all of this.

IMO
    HE is one main reason for the NASRPC leaving the SP, as Des Croften made sure they had no voice or seat on the FCP. Only by leaving the SP could the NASRPC get one seat on FCP.

IMO
    Des Croften saw the NASRPC as a thorn in the side of the NARGC

IMO
    Leave Des Croften to look after all the NARGC shooting clubs on the FCP and let the NASRPC look after their own on the FCP

Thank you Trigerguard but I think you are quoting from an out of date constitution, if you look at the constitution available on the NASRPC website it states that it should be paid on receipt of a letter/invoice. Now which constitution should we use the one that is published on the associations website in 2011 or some other constitution that we are not sure of is it an old one or has it been adopted since 2011.
    Now if it has been changed since 2011 then why has it not been published. More importantly if that is the case and money is due within a month of the AGM then how many clubs paid in that time frame, is that rule enforced across the board, if it is their won't be to many clubs voting at the AGM

And that is why you don't know what your talking about. If you had been to ANY of the meetings you would know what Des Croften has to do with all of this.

HE is one main reason for the NASRPC leaving the SP, as Des Croften made sure they had no voice or seat on the FCP. Only by leaving the SP could the NASRPC get one seat on FCP.

Leave Des Croften to look after all the NARGC shooting clubs on the FCP and let the NASRPC look after their own on the FCP
    If I understand you correctly, you have been told at the meetings you went to that the man you name is behind all of this?
    This must be the daddy of all conspiracy theories or a galloping case of paranoia--which is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Yeah IIRC the fees were increased due to increased expenditure due to the legal challenges to shooting. I have no issue with the extra cost.

........"As for the notion that we should go to the AGM and have our say, how, we are not affiliated and therefore have no say and more importantly no vote.".........

IMO

IMO

IMO

Clivej it sounds like you are only reading an odd post here and there so I'll summarize my position for you.
    While the differences between the NASRPC's committee and Des Crofton are at the root of this problem it is nothing to do with the fact that so many clubs called for an EGM and are being ignored by the committee.

I was at the meeting at Hilltop and heard the members (at that time I thought I was a member to) tell the committee to go back into the Sport Coalition sort out your differences and move on. The committee agreed to do this, a week or so later it came out that they did not do this. Quite a number of the NASRPC clubs were not happy about this and called for an EGM. This EGM has not been called and it should have, that is what I have been saying. I have my own opinion about the way the NASRPC left the sports coalition but I have not mentioned it here.

My position is the current committee of the NASRPC are not listening to their members, in fact they are ignoring them. Their actions are not good for the NASRPC in the long run and if they do not do something soon it looks like they will they will be looking at a split in the association.

I haven't seen Des Crofton's name mentioned once.
    "Originally Posted by clivej
    I haven't seen Des Crofton's name mentioned once."

Why would his name be mentioned what has he got to do with it this is an internal matter for the NASRPC, at least 8 clubs that have been affialated have called for an EGM this has not happened that is the discussion, Des Crofton does not come into it.
    I can only speak ..................

IMO

IMO

IMO

Dear Clivej,
    As you well know the NARGC have funded cases the length and depth of the country.
    They have taken the argument for all firearms all sports right to the top and have helped get good solid results.
    Now they left some people down but you can't cover everyone all the time.
    Des Crofton is the nominated spokesperson for the organisation and he can speak well.
    The only other organisation is that countryside alliance they did nothing when the British government took their subjects firearms . The same government is at it again calling for British rules across the whole of Europe. What will countryside alliance do.answer nothing look at my posts above for a link to their site . At least Des Crofton is trying . The committee of the NASRPC seems to be in bed with the countryside alliance that's why they got that seat and gave it to Mark mcGuire. Who it must be said was involved in "Solo runs " that caused the distrust, that caused the division that got us here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

didnt the sports coalition advise us all to canvas our local politicians?
    It's strange how you omit to mention the SC were quiet happy to use mark as a go between to the minister who is his local td when they wanted to. They knew of all his meetings with his local td. If you attended the meeting held in Abbeyleix he was more than willing to let anyone present read the messages/ emails he had with the SC regarding this.

• Advertisement

homerhop wrote: »
    didnt the sports coalition advise us all to canvas our local politicians?
    It's strange how you omit to mention the SC were quiet happy to use mark as a go between to the minister who is his local td when they wanted to. They knew of all his meetings with his local td. If you attended the meeting held in Abbeyleix he was more than willing to let anyone present read the messages/ emails he had with the SC regarding this.

They obviously did not otherwise we wouldn't be here. HUGE EGOS is the other . And still no one address's the issues .call the EGM sack this committee (retire them if you like) get this boat back on the water .too much damage is being done . Unity is the only answer. None of this committee would do much in the way of good representation.didn't someone already say they balled up a task with the gardai.
    And yes I would love to read those emails .

Advertisement