Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The dentists

Options
  • 11-11-2015 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

The dentist

I needed a filling. My dental assistant gave me an injection in the left side of my upper mouth. Then I got the filling.

How were your dental experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭paulbok

A post about a filling?
    Very boring!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Oh argh, I don't want to think about it right at the moment, I have a filling due too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

The dentist

I needed a filling. My dental assistant gave me an injection in the left side of my upper mouth. Then I got the filling.

How were your dental experience?

Pretty much identical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Quality thread. Can't wait to hear about your adventurous encounters of a trip to buy bog roll in centra.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

paulbok wrote: »
    A post about a filling?
    Very boring!

This post is your crowning glory.

Very incisive.

Very biting.

• Advertisement

Kev W wrote: »
    This post is your crowning glory.

Very incisive.

Very biting.

What we need are molar them.

1, 2, 3 ,4, I declare a pun war!

What we need are molar them.

That was just unpalateable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I hate that thing they put in your mouth to suck.

That was just unpalateable.

Brace yourself, you just can't handle the tooth of the matter

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Breathing.

I opened my mouth, inhaled some air, then breathed out again through my nose.

How was your breathing experience?

• Advertisement

EDIT: No. I'm better than this.

mrcheez wrote: »
    Breathing.

I opened my mouth, inhaled some air, then breathed out again through my nose.

How was your breathing experience?

Literally breathtaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

They need to make them more friendly. like this...

Brace yourself, you just can't handle the tooth of the matter

That's a rotten pun. I've had my fill.

That's a rotten pun. I've had my fill.

Did I hit a nerve?

Did I hit a nerve?

I'm numb to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

The fight against enamel cruelty.
    Something to sink your teeth into.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

is it safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Had to get 3 back teeth removed, one of which was at the very back of my lower jaw that grew horizontally while the other 2 were at the back of my upper jaw.

Made the appointment and dreaded the operation for weeks. The day before it I had an asthma attack that put me in hospital so had to reschedule it for another time. Bah! :mad:

Operation finally came, the dentist originally told me that I would be awake for it while he would "slice" the inside of my cheek away from my gums to get in and yank the horizontal tooth out.

I got the injection but next thing it felt like I blinked my eyes and I was suddenly in another room with cotton in my mouth, procedure all done and I was minus 3 teeth. I think he had it done in about 20 minutes.

I was high as a kite and it was quite funny trying to pay them because they forgot to ask me for money before it. Sister drove me home and I couldn't make more than a few blood-gurgling sounds :pac:

Went home with the inside of my mouth all stitched up, spitting copious amounts of blood into an old saucepan while my head felt like a balloon.

The operation was fine, it was the healing and having to eat mush for 2 weeks which was more annoying than anything else. On the plus side, along with the asthma attack, it helped get me off the fags!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ihatemyfish

Samaris wrote: »
    Oh argh, I don't want to think about it right at the moment, I have a filling due too.

Lob a few paracetamols down you beforehand

• Advertisement

smash wrote: »
    Quality thread. Can't wait to hear about your adventurous encounters of a trip to buy bog roll in centra.

I decided on the cup of soup instead of the deli roll. Big call

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Horrifying. I'd an Apicoectomy a few years back. It involves snipping the root tip. Access to the root tip is gained by cutting the gum up near where it meets the cheek. Fcuking torture but successful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

In my youth I had this theory that lady dentists would somehow be kinder and inflict less pain. I went through a phase of always selecting female dentists even if it meant travelling a bit.

Experience has taught me that this theory is utter bollox and that all dentists are secret torturers as in the clip above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Bulbous Salutation

I had to get two wisdom teeth out. I was in college at the time. Proceeded to head out in Galway the night before and get properly fúcked up. Head banging as I arrived into the dentist the next morning. Signed the form to say I wouldn't hold the dentist liable if I had loss of nerve function in the jaw area.

Dentist noted that my breath smelled strongly of Guinness. Mouthwash was taken. Multiple injections, including one that I could feel almost down to my jawline. Apologies. Got to work. He stopped for coffee halfway through the procedure. Admitted that it was a complicated procedure. My mother arrived up expecting that I'd be well finished by now and that she could take me home. Invited in and turned grey in the face. Lots of further apologies from everyone.

The dentist pulled one in a few minutes. The second one involved sawing the tooth in half and extracting it in two pieces. Lots of blood. Took two hours. Got a few more injections during the extraction. Hungover and coming down, so didn't really care.

I arrived out to the loving arms of my Mother. The dentist was in an awful state. I was spitting blood into a bucket for 3 days afterwards. I was so off my face on ibuprofen and valium that I didn't care. The stitches would still bleed even a week later.

Thankfully, I was left with no nerve damage and I've a cool dentist story to tell. Even ended up playing golf with the bastard during a medal competition a few years later. Still remembered it!

I had to get two wisdom teeth out. I was in college at the time. Proceeded to head out in Galway the night before and get properly fúcked up. Head banging as I arrived into the dentist the next morning. Signed the form to say I wouldn't hold the dentist liable if I had loss of nerve function in the jaw area.

Dentist noted that my breath smelled strongly of Guinness. Mouthwash was taken. Multiple injections, including one that I could feel almost down to my jawline. Apologies. Got to work. He stopped for coffee halfway through the procedure. Admitted that it was a complicated procedure. My mother arrived up expecting that I'd be well finished by now and that she could take me home. Invited in and turned grey in the face. Lots of further apologies from everyone.

The dentist pulled one in a few minutes. The second one involved sawing the tooth in half and extracting it in two pieces. Lots of blood. Took two hours. Got a few more injections during the extraction. Hungover and coming down, so didn't really care.

I arrived out to the loving arms of my Mother. The dentist was in an awful state. I was spitting blood into a bucket for 3 days afterwards. I was so off my face on ibuprofen and valium that I didn't care. The stitches would still bleed even a week later.

Thankfully, I was left with no nerve damage and I've a cool dentist story to tell. Even ended up playing golf with the bastard during a medal competition a few years later. Still remembered it!

I started reading that wanting to chastise you. Dentist tomorrow? Sure we get locked and go in dying. Then I started feeling sorry for ya! Sounds horrific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

I have 8 of my own teeth left, the rest are implants...

Face-planting while crashing motorcycles is no fun :D

Thank Jeebus for full face helmets, without one I wouldn't have a face :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I hate dentists, and bad teeth freak me out. Nearly 10 years of work to get braces, including multiple extraction (some unnecessary) means that I've a slight phobia of them now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

^^^^

You mean reasonable fear ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

You mean reasonable fear

I do firmly believe it is justified, yes. I keep my teeth really well though, so thankfully I never need anything more done with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm thinking I might head for a late lunch

Advertisement