Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Music now on Android

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

mrdmb wrote: »
    Anyone tried Qobuz...its brilliant as well with great music quality...

I have been using them for a while they also have one month free trial on the premium account which can be used on tablets and phones plus offline storage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Basq wrote: »
    Been thinking of ditching Spotify for Apple Music..

.. but Sonos integration is the only thing stopping me! :(

If you really want shot of Spotify and Sonos supports DLNA/UPNP, you can use an app called BubbleUPNP to play Google Play Music or Qobuz over WiFi. Just select the Sonos as the renderer and log in to your google/Qobuz account in the Cloud section and you're away. I use it to play onto a Logitech Smart Radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,254 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Not necessarily true, if you have content downloaded off line, or Spotify on certain platforms like TVs or radios, the restriction is not there.

I know it's unlikely that you'd have say your phone or tablet off line, but it's a possibility.

That's what I do, let a mate and my girlfriend use it but tell them to take what they want saved offline, so me, the master! :pac: can use it how I see fit. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭poeticmakaveli

Had to leave them I phones behind for the galaxy s5' and 6! Free Spotify,where else would you get it ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Sappy404 wrote: »
    If you really want shot of Spotify and Sonos supports DLNA/UPNP, you can use an app called BubbleUPNP to play Google Play Music or Qobuz over WiFi. Just select the Sonos as the renderer and log in to your google/Qobuz account in the Cloud section and you're away. I use it to play onto a Logitech Smart Radio.

But the Logitech Smart Radio has the Spotify app on it anyway?

Are you saying you stream your Google Play music to the smart radio?

• Advertisement

But the Logitech Smart Radio has the Spotify app on it anyway?

Are you saying you stream your Google Play music to the smart radio?

Yes. Basq said that functionality with Sonos was the only thing keeping him with Spotify. I suggested, depending if his Sonos worked with UPNP or DNLA, that he could use that app and GPM or Qobuz with his Sonos instead of Spotify.

The Smart Radio was just an example of how it can work. If you have a Smart Radio or a Squeezebox, setting it up with Logitech Media Server on your home network enables it to work as a UPNP/DNLA receiver, and you can use the likes of BubbleUPNP (which can play music on your Google/Qobuz/Dropbox/OneDrive account, etc.) to play music to it.

Ah yeah, I understand where you're coming from regarding using your own LMS. Out of interest, what are you running it on ? I've often thought about putting one on a Raspberry Pi, but with the existing Spotify app(recently updated), other than when there's either a Smart Radio or a Squeezebox server outage, I've never felt the need that I have to do so yet.

Ah yeah, I understand where you're coming from regarding using your own LMS. Out of interest, what are you running it on ? I've often thought about putting one on a Raspberry Pi, but with the existing Spotify app(recently updated), other than when there's either a Smart Radio or a Squeezebox server outage, I've never felt the need that I have to do so yet.

I have a Synology NAS and I run LMS on that, though truth be told I get more out of the UPNP functionality enabled simply by connecting the radio to LMS than anything else LMS does. Even MP3s I have at home that aren't on streaming sites (Pink Floyd, The Beatles, bootlegs etc) can be uploaded to Google Music anyway.

Yeah, I have all my own stuff added to Google music, some of which isn't on Spotify, but I'm lazy so just use phono to my phone or tablet when I want to listen to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

I pay €5 per month for Spotify. Vodafone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

So im still confused, which service is cheapest for s family? I was paying far too muchbto spotify for myself and two teenagers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

dahat wrote: »
    Will wait till its gets better before subscribing to it.
    €15 for 5 users is great value tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

I have this installed on my phone and find it very good.I tried to install it on a samsung galaxy tab 3,but it tells me that the device is not compatible.Hopefully one of you kind boardies could tell me why.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

clickhere wrote: »
    I have this installed on my phone and find it very good.I tried to install it on a samsung galaxy tab 3,but it tells me that the device is not compatible.Hopefully one of you kind boardies could tell me why.

Running an old version of Android?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Apple Music Beta has now launched on Android devices and as per ios users the first 3 months access are free

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apple.android.music

Thanks for sharing.

Great app, looks much slicker than Spotify.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭DopeTech

clickhere wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97697247&postcount=26

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

Thanks for that Frosty Jim,i installed that apk but when i try to open it just crashes saying it has stopped working.Minimum Android version: Android 4.3+ (Jelly Bean, tab 3 is running 4.4.2 and say its up to date. Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I've been getting annoyed with Spotifys crappy app for a while now.

Switched to deezer for a trial but found them lacking in new songs.

I've moved to apple music now and am liking it so far app is very slick indeed

Doesn't seem like there's off line storage?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Doesn't seem like there's off line storage?

Offline listening you mean? It’s there. But you have to first add the song(s) to My Music and then make it available offline.

See here: https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT205397

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Birneybau wrote: »
    That's what I do, let a mate and my girlfriend use it but tell them to take what they want saved offline, so me, the master! :pac: can use it how I see fit. :D

I do the same! Pay €5 for Spotify through Vodafone and then have a friend and my brother offline.

They put all the music they want into a playlist and download it and it doesn't affect me so everyone is happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Were do I turn off auto renew?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Were do I turn off auto renew?

Taken straight from their support.
    Apple Site wrote:
    In the Apple Music app on your Android phone, tap the menu icon in the upper-left corner.
    Tap your name at the top of the menu to get to your account settings.
    Tap Manage Membership. If prompted, enter your Apple ID password.
    Tap Subscription.
    Turn off Automatic Renewal. When Automatic Renewal is off, paid Apple Music memberships automatically stop at the end of the current billing cycle and free trial memberships end when the free trial period expires.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Niemoj wrote: »
    Taken straight from their support.

Thanks, they his it well :)

Advertisement