Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Music now on Android

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,834 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Been thinking of ditching Spotify for Apple Music..

.. but Sonos integration is the only thing stopping me! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I'd love to ditch google play music for spotify but the only thing stopping me is I can use my phone credit to pay for google play music and can't with spotify. Still getting my €10 bonus credit with threepay that they offered for life from years ago :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭Raoul

I'd love to ditch google play music for spotify but the only thing stopping me is I can use my phone credit to pay for google play music and can't with spotify. Still getting my €10 bonus credit with threepay that they offered for life from years ago :D

Exact same with me :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Why do people want to ditch Spotify?

Does the Apple app allow offline storage?

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Google play let's me give access to my family, ten people can use it and listen to different songs simultaneously. Spotify looks nicer but allowing only three people access, and they only let one song be played across the three devices simultaneously is a joke. Anyone any idea of what the story is with devices on Apples service?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,788 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Hard to beat Spotify.

Anyone know if apple have the beatles or Chromecast support?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I still haven't figured out how to pay for GPM with my mobile credit.
    I've tried a few times now and failed.

Think it's got to do with the fact that I'm on the once off price of 7.99 still after they upped the price to 9.99

Anyone with experience apple music attest to what it's like? :)

Shane.C wrote: »
    Spotify looks nicer but allowing only three people access, and they only let one song be played across the three devices simultaneously is a joke. Anyone any idea of what the story is with devices on Apples service?

The 3 device limit applies to off line content, not just 3 people being allowed to listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

marcbrophy wrote: »

Think it's got to do with the fact that I'm on the once off price of 7.99 still after they upped the price to 9.99

I pay for my GPM with my three credit for 7.99. handy as ever.

Ste- wrote: »

Damn you to hell Ste :pac:

Even though I have carrier billing set up as a payment option, when I go to my GPM subscription and try to change payment type, I can only pick between my Visas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Dont forget to turn off auto renew under account>subscription

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Anyone with experience apple music attest to what it's like? :)

Signed up out of curiosity more than anything else. Still officially in beta but works fine. Hard to distinguish it from any of the other streaming apps TBH, but I need to delve further into it.

You get 3 months subscription for free as long as you cancel in time which is pretty good compared to others.

Damn you to hell Ste :pac:

Even though I have carrier billing set up as a payment option, when I go to my GPM subscription and try to change payment type, I can only pick between my Visas!

It should say Bill my 3 account and a drop down beside the price no ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

App is not compatible with the Nexus 6p :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭Raoul

How do you all have it for 7.99?? :mad::mad:

Raoul wrote: »
    How do you all have it for 7.99?? :mad::mad:

When the service was first introduced this was the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Re Spotify.

I have a premium account on two mobiles plus a laptop but if my wife wants to use it on her mobile can she?

Also is the one song only at any one time correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

you can use spotify on as many platforms as possible, but you can only use one platform at a time.
    so for instance if you are listening on your computer, and youre wife goes to use on her phone, what you are listening to turns off.
    you can buy family package which allows three people to use at same time but its something ridiculous like €30 a month.
    compared to €15 a month for 5 users(although someone above said ten users :eek:) for apple music.
    im cancelling spotify.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,770 ✭✭✭DopeTech

App is not compatible with the Nexus 6p :mad:

Or my Vodafone smart ultra 6, wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

FrostyJim wrote: »

App works fine on my smart ultra 6

• Advertisement

FrostyJim wrote: »

Maybe cos its rooted?

App works fine on my smart ultra 6

Must know I rooted it so.

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    you can use spotify on as many platforms as possible, but you can only use one platform at a time.
    so for instance if you are listening on your computer, and youre wife goes to use on her phone, what you are listening to turns off.
    you can buy family package which allows three people to use at same time but its something ridiculous like €30 a month.
    compared to €15 a month for 5 users(although someone above said ten users :eek:) for apple music.
    im cancelling spotify.

Will wait till its gets better before subscribing to it.
    €15 for 5 users is great value tbh

polaris68 wrote: »
    Signed up out of curiosity more than anything else. Still officially in beta but works fine. Hard to distinguish it from any of the other streaming apps TBH, but I need to delve further into it.

You get 3 months subscription for free as long as you cancel in time which is pretty good compared to others.

Cool, thanks for that, might give it a try then.
    It should say Bill my 3 account and a drop down beside the price no ?

Unfortunately not dude, this might be because I set up carrier billing after the GPM subscription was first created, but I can't be certain!

Not to worry! :)

For anyone getting the message that its not compatible with their device.

APK download.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Shane.C wrote: »
    Google play let's me give access to my family, ten people can use it and listen to different songs simultaneously.

Is that a family subscription? How much is it?

Hugh Cream wrote: »

Not necessarily true, if you have content downloaded off line, or Spotify on certain platforms like TVs or radios, the restriction is not there.

I know it's unlikely that you'd have say your phone or tablet off line, but it's a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Crikey, when I heard Hell freezes over in November, I thought they meant the place in Norway. :-p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

Anyone tried Qobuz...its brilliant as well with great music quality...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭rayfitzharris

Anyone know Apple Music on Android will be able to do airplay sending?
    Saw no mention of it so far, it'll be a dealbreaker if not.

Advertisement