Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

It's absolutely sh!te. I've spent 2 hours trying to book a reward flight, it has taken 2x €150 payments from my credit card, then crashed but no confirmation emails or no Avios deductions so I can only assume the reward flight hasn't been booked. Absolutely woeful. 😡🤬

I am looking at reward flights. I have 73k Avios earned from work travel so "free" to me.

The avios cost is coming in at 32k for a return trip & €290 taxes and charges.

The € cost is €726.

It doesn't seem like a great return to be paying 50% of all my avios & 40% of the total € fare in charges. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Guys, i get more avios from using booking.com than from aer lingus. FYI

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Is this to the US? Best use of Avios I find is to buy economy and then use the Avios to upgrade to business.

32k for 430€ isn’t great, business class is about 700 dearer each way, it’s 37,000 Avios.

• Advertisement

Yup, return to Florida. I ended up going with the straight cash purchase as the Avios site was infuriating and the return rate seemed to be so poor.

Might try to use them to upgrade closer to time.

You can always phone them. I did it last year twice.

I did. The very helpful lady I was speaking with also experienced system crashes repeatedly. Seems to be a fundamentally unreliable system.

id say the system is only designed to let 10 people use the search at any one time.

Does Aer Lingus have a current partner lounge at Edinburgh?

EDIT: No more access at the Aspire Lounge in Edinburgh.

However, I did get into the BA lounge. I was going in to enquire / chance my arm, lady was on the phone so just directed me to scan my boarding pass. Machine went green so in I went.

Post edited by Rowley Birkin QC on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Got to platinum finally, sooner than expected by taking an overnight trip to MAN. Bought a saver fare thinking I'd get 7.5/15 per leg, ended up with 22.5 and 30 for the each leg respectively. Forgot about the double tier credits for UK flights :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I would be platinum if they bothered to add 2 missing transatlantic flights...

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Definitely worth following up on if you’ve already flown them!

Oh I have, twice! I’m sure they’ll retrospectively sort it out whenever they get round to it…

anyone know how long it takes for the app to show platinum card after getting 601 points? Reached 615 tier credits 2 days ago and I've a flight on Sunday that I'd like to take someone into the lounge.

Should only be a couple of days. Will hopefully come in before then but I’d make your case at the counter if absolutely necessary and they should put 2 and 2 together

Thanks, AL is so slow. My only other loyalty program is Emirates and they've me spoilt, I get the points as soon as the plane takes off and can check using their free wifi 😀.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Points post between 8am-10am Irish time on the second day after the flight is taken, so fly Monday points would land Wednesday morning

The status should update 24 hours after the points post to cross the threshold. You may need to sign out/in to the app. However the boarding cards will continue to show the status as it was on the day of ticket purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭RunningFlyer

I just received my two “free” flights from the Aercard credit card.

Can anyone confirm whether a checked in bag is included in these tickets?

Theres practically zero availability on any dates I want to travel next year due to blackout dates so I’m thinking I might just have to book a normal ticket anyway … very frustrating, can’t see why they can’t at least offer at least 2 seats on every flight 😏

• Registered Users Posts: 24 coalition

Does anyone know if you booked Advantage and took the offer of an earlier flight because you arrived at the airport very early, will the tier credits still be applied?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Tea2

Yes. Will happen automatically 95% of the time, but check a week later just to be sure

I did this in LHR this afternoon - the staff member in the lounge assured me I will get the Tier Credits I was entitled to on the original flight.

Whenever I’ve turned up to the LHR lounge early and they’ve put me on an earlier flight the tier credits have turned up fine for whatever I originally paid for.

In other good news they have added my missing transatlantic flights and worked out when my platinum status kicked in. However for EI code share flights on AA metal you get 0 avois or tier credits (I wasn’t expecting tier credits) - so for avois I’d have been better off booking via BA

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

I tried to book an award ticket to a destination not served direct from Dublin. I was hoping Avios would offer me a BA connection through London but just states that there are no flights available.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ULEZ23

Anyone have a contact member for aer club other than 017617842, that’s their general Bulgarian call centre (so not aer club specific) who are absolutely useless as they are just a general front office who can’t do anything other than add a note to a case number which any traveler can do themselves.

when I was platinum a few years ago I regularly spoke to a very helpful Irish based team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Currently Platinum and this is my number, not too dissimilar to yours but not sure where it is routed.

Ireland: +353 (01) 761 7850

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ULEZ23

Thanks for that, it auto answers as the aer club platinum line and plays fancier hold music but it still connects to the same useless Bulgarian call centre. Ah well, beyond frustrating.

ill just have to wait and see if the check in desk at the lounge can help, they are usually helpful and have the ability to do things other than just adding a pointless note to an open case file…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Checked old email and found the Concierge number but, I expect this is headed to Bulgaria too -  (01) 761 7841

• Registered Users Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Has anybody else not gotten their avios/tier credits for flights taken this week?

Mine usually show within 48 hours but my Monday and Tuesday flights are still not showing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

This is what puts me off applying for the credit card, seemingly it's a nightmare to redeem your two free flights a year. Why can't Ireland have a decent airline credit card ?

Advertisement