Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,432 ✭✭✭✭cson

Avios upgrades earn Avios/Tier Credits at the original fare level.

Revival lounge has a shower and a decent coffee machine, its very small though.

EI lounge in ORD is absolute garbage so I would try to spend the minimum amount of time there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I used to fly EI to ORD regularly back in the Gold Circle days but think T5 has been redone since then. I looked up the lounge and pretty much every comment is that it’s crap, which is a shame as i dont remember the one being particularly bad back then. Although my strategy for the lounge when flying economy is to drink as much wine as it takes me to fall asleep when I get on the plane, so dont have high expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

I flew LHR-DUB the other day.

On the plus side I got to the airport early and Aer Lingus moved me to an earlier flight with no issue. Full marks!

On the negative, the flight was delayed by about an hour but this can happen.

A big issue was when landing in Dublin, even though there were plenty of free gates at T2 (late afternoon with all the transatlantic flights gone) they parked at the furthest remote spot. We then had to get a bus which did the usual tour of the airport. I imagine many people had paid for front of plane seats which were of no benefit.

I checked when I got home and the plane was parking there for the night. I think they should have parked at an available gate with an airbridge and then towed the plane later. They created inconvenience for passengers on a business heavy route to avoid a towing exercise. I thought it was poor form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Does anyone know how to view the avios account? On the 'my account' section of Aer Lingus website I can see how many avios points I've earned, but I've no idea how to view this on avios.com

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You should be able to log in to avois.com with your aerclub details and see it there. It has more info than the main website too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Unknownability

"Booking a holiday has just gotten even better... Enjoy Aer Lingus flights, seats and bags using 50% less Avios this weekend only!

So whether you want to explore magical Christmas markets, relax on the beach or re-discover your favourite city, it's a fantastic time to book.

Use your Avios to pay for all or some of the cost of your flight – it's up to you. Plus, you'll still earn Avios and Tier Credits on these flash sale flights, so it's a win -win!"

Wow you really weren't joking or exaggerating about the direness of this lounge in ORD! I've been to many fairly poor lounges (the one in BOS isn't exactly great) but this is basically a cupboard with a few chairs and a bottle of wine/beer or two. If I were paying business prices there's no way I'd pay for this over what you'd get from the likes of BA. The sad thing is this lounge is split in two where the full One Worlders turn left at the entrance and the plebs turn right. No idea what their side is like!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Was this the Swissport lounge? The plebs turn left rather than right, but yeah it's pretty soul-less. I used to just go Hub 51 (the bar beside the duty free area) but it's been so busy recently with a long queue that I've started to go back into the lounge - where I sit and bemoan AL's poor offering.

I was in it as I wrote that yesterday and definitely turned right. It's a truly **** little room. The room on the left looked better from what little I could see. On the right there's no toilets, very few seats, few plugs for charging.... The old lounge they used to have at ORD was much better.

Well then both sides are equally sh1te 😂. Assuming it's the swissport lounge then turning left gives ... no toilet, worn seats, few plugs and a general ambiance of depression!

• Advertisement

😂 off to BOS today, so will appreciate that lounge on the way home...! Whenever EI decide to notice these trips I'll be platinum for my next one, so free entry to 51st... woo! Which I could pay for an expense if I was too bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Since they’ve done whatever upgrades in the background, my trips have posted within 2 days or so, Avios and TCs on the same line item and more detail also, so you should get them quick enough.

Mine have been taking a week recently. Although my ORD-DUB from last thur appeared this morning but no sign of DUB-ORD the previous Monday. But yes, I noticed Avios and Tier points on the same line.

J fares have gone CRAZY! I'm looking to change a few flights and I'm seeing 9-10k for a one way ORD-DUB. Good god!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 coalition

Did people get the double tier credits offer for flights to the UK if booked from now and fly before 28 October 2023? Would this mean an aerspace flight gets 100 tier credits ? Seems like a good deal if true

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Did they also provide you with a device to time travel giving how you posted this on the 29th of October 2023?

But in theory if you get aerspace (Fare classes J, C, D ,I) you would get 100 Tier Points for a one way.

There are a few posts over on flyertalk reporting they got also targeted e-mails but it looks like all of those are for people who hit the renewal shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its targetted for your renewal date, which is end November (not October) for everyone who came over from GCC - which would be a huge % of total Aerclub members.

I'm so insanely far off that it's not worth throwing the money at an Aerspace trip over to Gatwick for a match or similar. In a future Oneworld environment where the surprisingly large amount of IB tier credits I have from a connecting trip in J could count, I probably would use this.

In seperate news, my first replacement Aercard arrived - it now has no embossed numbers which will be fun next time I hire a car in the back arse of nowhere, the last industry that seems to use embossers! Numbers are printed on the back of the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 coalition

Haha yes sorry 28th of November* ! My renewal date is end of December and I’m close to the points so might go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Any reason why it is available on UK flights only?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I'm 400 short of Concierge and have 3 return work trips to UK to book and take in November. 🤔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Does anyone know until when I have to earn 138.5 tier credits?

the app said 1st December 2023 but now updated to say 1st December 2024. Does that mean I have until 1/12/24?

Reason I ask is I have a return AerClub fare that will net me 100, and a plus fare that will net me 50 but 25 of that will be flying on the 1/12/23. Will I book a saver flight to bump me to platinum? I might be able to swing another AerClub fare for the plus fare (not booked yet).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

You have already earned enough to maintain Silver hence the 2024 date

You need 138.5 to make platinum by 1 Dec 2023

Gotcha, thanks. follow on question if I take a flight on the 1 Dec 2023 would that count towards making platinum or are tier credits reset at 00:00 (midnight) on the 1 Dec?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheBetsy

Are they ever going to fix the god awful Avios.com website, can't even search for a reward flight without getting redirect error. Cookies deleted, incognito mode etc. no joy... Incredibly poor in this day and age to have such a dysfunctional website for award redemptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

This just showed in my inbox:

Boost your Avios balance today!Collect an extra 50% bonus Avios when you buy or gift Avios from now until 12 November. That means if you buy 20,000 Avios, you'll collect 30,000 Avios!

Two people could fly to a number of destinations in Europe from Dublin for 26,000 Avios. Including Geneva, Barcelona, Lisbon and Madrid. You'll just need to pay the taxes, fees and charges.

Wish that was you? Escape the winter chill with this limited time offer and start your journey today.

Love, AerClub

Now if they just would not restrict online awards to 60 days + out and allow short term redeptions than this would actualy make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Its shocking! I assume its on purpose to put people off booking flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Its the classic Michael O'Leary quote, people going to funerals are our best passengers, time sensitive and willing to pay whatever it takes.

Its fairly clear revenue see they can make more money here two fold, as any unsold Avios seat is released to revenue and anyone who would have opted pay avios last minute now has to pay cash, but at 60 days out avios tickets offer poor value in most cases

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ricardogame

Hi guys,

I have signed up for Aer credit (aer Lingus credit card) in September and there was an deal to spend €1000 until 18.10.23 to receive 5.000 avios. We did spend this amount and the invoice was paid before 18.10.23, however I haven't received any points for that. Does anyone know anything about this? Who should I contact?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheBetsy

If you can find the T&C's for the offer when you signed up it should tell you when the 5k bonus will be paid. I signed up myself last Feb and the bonus was credited to my acount June, so roughly 4 months after the sign up. I would think you just need to wait longer

• Advertisement

Do flights operated by Emerald Airlines get Tier Credits when booked through Aerlingus.com?

Advertisement