Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abigail to bring strong winds Thursday 12th. Gusts to 120km

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Windy again in Galway as the rain moves in

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭fastrac94

Hail now and few flashes of lightening here in louisburgh co mayo..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭pauldry

Left balloons outside for the laugh in back garden. They hvnt moved. Calm and still in sligo....for now

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Storm 10 wrote: »
    66 kts is only 75 mph that can't be hurricane speed as we have often had 80 mph winds and no mention by ME of a hurricane, all day they said Storm 10

Far be it from ME to overshadow your name ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭Mech1

I will be broadcasting the various airport weather information feeds Volmet / ATIS on my feed at 23.30 tonight tune in if your interested in hearing them. http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=eidw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭FWVT

Both Mace Head and Malin Head reported peak 10-minute mean speeds of 25 m/s (49 kts) during the afternoon. These were not reported in the met.ie hourly reports, only the synops.

Meanwhile South Uist Range (10 m) has had 52 kts mean with a 71 kt gust tonight.

Kinsale Energy platform winds should be disregarded as the anemometer is I think 109 m above the sea surface.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,108 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Some very squally and heavy hail showers woke me up here in west Clare, winds were very gusty and strong, calmed a bit now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I am surprised there is no wind warning out today, some of the gusts in Castlebar today have been monstrous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Weather mostly quiet in fair periods. But showers are packing some severe gusts near Limerick City. An empty wheelie bin was toppled over during a recent shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Xenji wrote: »
    I am surprised there is no wind warning out today, some of the gusts in Castlebar today have been monstrous.

It was windy here near Newport but when I went to Castlebar it was far stronger.
    I was up on top of the hill on the old Glenisland road and it was rough enough, wind, hail and a bit of thunder thrown in too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Some great contributions and reports - thanks guys!

Discussion continues in the New Rainfall Event Thread and in the general Autumn Weather thread
    Note: some of the later posts have been moved to that thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement