Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leinster v scarlets

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Ref got it right IMO. Not sure if he'd have caught Sexton but Reid definitely obstructed him.

About the only thing he got right. Thought he had a shocker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

James Tracy got Man of the Match.
    Stheno wrote: »
    Is it me, or is he not very small for a hooker?

Listed at 109kgs, 8kgs heavier than Cronin and Strauss.

Dom Ryan needs to move on if he wants to save his career.....Ruddock, O'Brien, Heaslip, Murphy, Conan, Leavy and Van DerFlier all ahead of him and based on his performance for the A's Thursday night, Tony Ryan is pushing on as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Tracy came through as a loosehead, nothing wrong with his build really. I remember him scrummaging against the South African's for the Irish u20s (think it was in Italy?) and he dismantled that side of the scrum, just didn't have enough power to be a prospect as a prop at pro level so he was moved inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I know he's gotten feck all game time in the last few months, but do we need to have a real talk about Kirchner? He offered very little at all last night and looked to have absolutely no gas about him for the chase back when Rob did his hammy. Scarlets got a lot of change out of targeting him with a few up and unders as well.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

molloyjh wrote: »
    I know he's gotten feck all game time in the last few months, but do we need to have a real talk about Kirchner? He offered very little at all last night and looked to have absolutely no gas about him for the chase back when Rob did his hammy. Scarlets got a lot of change out of targeting him with a few up and unders as well.

He's probably 3rd choice FB at this point, I can't see him getting much game time if Isa and Rob stay fit all season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

He's probably 3rd choice FB at this point, I can't see him getting much game time if Isa and Rob stay fit all season.

He's a very expensive guy to have outside of the 23

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

He's a very expensive guy to have outside of the 23

True, but where do you put him?

The best I could see him being is #23 occasionally.

Maybe he could play on the opposite wing to Isa, or maybe Leo is planning on doing a lot of rotating this season which could see everyone get a fair shake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭LostArt

molloyjh wrote: »

Let him go in the summer and use the money from his contract to keep Te'o.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Positives were the youngsters, Tracy and Kelleher showed up.

Tracy was class, but I felt bad for Kellegher out there, he knocked on 4 kicks, maybe 5, all pretty catchable. Wasn't a day he will want to remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

errlloyd wrote: »
    Tracy was class, but I felt bad for Kellegher out there, he knocked on 4 kicks, maybe 5, all pretty catchable. Wasn't a day he will want to remember.

Yeah he didn't have a great game for the most part, but he did improve in the second half with a great kick and chase and some really solid tackling. So it wasn't an utter disaster. Remember Tracy's darts were woeful his last cap and he missed a few tackles. Got to give these guys some leeway and back them to push on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement