Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leinster v scarlets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,102 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Gah, you don't have to let them up on their feet, just can't dive onto them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Good result :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Good result.... For Connacht :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭A-Train

Happy with that! Some lads are very rusty.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

James Tracy got Man of the Match.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

James Tracy got Man of the Match.

Is it me, or is he not very small for a hooker?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭mogwai81

Especially considering he started out as a loosehead!

Stheno wrote: »
    Is it me, or is he not very small for a hooker?

Yeah, Keith Wood was saying the same thing in the commentary.

I thought Dominic Ryan and Boss were very poor today. Luke must surely be ahead of Boss in the pecking order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Can anyone explain how scarlets didn't get a 2nd yellow. Very cynical throughout

• Advertisement

Can anyone explain how scarlets didn't get a 2nd yellow. Very cynical throughout
    Never happy when i see Hodges is ref. Seemed to give the Scarlets captain his final warning on numerous occasions.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

mogwai81 wrote: »
    Never happy when i see Hodges is ref. Seemed to give the Scarlets captain his final warning on numerous occasions.

Like the worst thing about Hodges is he won't make a decision. It's ridiculous

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Hodges had a very poor game, plenty of missed stuff for both sides. Gives a penalty to scarlets for one of their players coming in the side of a ruck to turn over the ball. Crazy! Also in the ground it looked like the No.4 should of got a second yellow for the shoulder charge at a ruck but not sure if it was.

Happy with the result though. A few of the lads quite rusty. Was happy to see some of the younger players take charge and take the game to Scarlets in the second half. Really like Te'o and Reid in the center together. Thought boss was shocking and has been for a while now. I hope Luke takes over from him this season and even pushes Reddan.

Hope Kearney is ok too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Sexton's speed is really underrated, his two outside breaks when he came on were BODesque. Healy is still well off the pace, I cant understand how Ryan and Boss played the whole game (pretty much in Ryan's case)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Tox56 wrote: »
    Sexton's speed is really underrated, his two outside breaks when he came on were BODesque. Healy is still well off the pace, I cant understand how Ryan and Boss played the whole game (pretty much in Ryan's case)

I'm hoping, perhaps naively, that Ryan and Boss won't be involved next week and so the management were using the opportunity to keep the others fresh.

Tox56 wrote: »

Healy had a good game IMO. Was doing the job of two men at the breakdown and put in a lot of momentum stopping tackles. Didn't carry loads but was good today I thought. His best game since last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

Healy had a good game IMO. Was doing the job of two men at the breakdown and put in a lot of momentum stopping tackles. Didn't carry loads but was good today I thought. His best game since last year.

He was a poor man's McGrath. Even on his best game in a year he still behind McGrath. McGrath is consistently excellent as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

What's people's opinions on sexton's disallowed try? Didn't think he'd make the tackle IMO.

Yeah people have high expectations. People need to be patient IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Not perfect but happy enough with that. Healy looking more like himself, got a few more guys back into the team. Injuries to Kearney and Te'o the major downsides obviously.

Tracy did very well on his first start, Noel Reid was very good.

Confident enough for next week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

Was anything mentioned on coverage? For last 10 mins sexton was on wing, about 5-6 standing front in front of me....he was carrying an injury and they stuck him out there, then he moved across pitch and again was stuck right out on touch line away from play

He did not look happy at all and marched straight off after match...hope that WC injury not playing up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

.ak wrote: »
    What's people's opinions on sexton's disallowed try? Didn't think he'd make the tackle IMO.

Ref got it right IMO. Not sure if he'd have caught Sexton but Reid definitely obstructed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Hes breaking even or losing contacts that he'd be winning at his best. In fairness hes probably not playing that bad by the standards of a normal loosehead, but he can be one of the best in the world and right now hes not even the best at his club

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Not perfect but happy enough with that. Healy looking more like himself, got a few more guys back into the team. Injuries to Kearney and Te'o the major downsides obviously.

Was Te'o definitely injured? I thought it was just a case of them not planning on giving him that much game time and because Kearney had to come off Te'o was on much earlier than expected.
    If Kearney hadn't been injured Te'o probably would have only got on for about 20 minutes at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

Jesus Sexton, Fitzgerald, Kearney and Teo out would be a disaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Definitely correct decision. Reid obstructed. Looked more awkward than a deliberate block. But still a block. No try. Nice by Sexy though all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Definitely correct decision. Reid obstructed. Looked more awkward than a deliberate block. But still a block. No try. Nice by Sexy though all the same.

Think reid motioned his arms/shoulder towards the defender which made the decision easy for the ref.

Healy was much better then previous weeks. He needs starts to get his form back.

Was Te'o definitely injured? I thought it was just a case of them not planning on giving him that much game time and because Kearney had to come off Te'o was on much earlier than expected.
    If Kearney hadn't been injured Te'o probably would have only got on for about 20 minutes at the end.

T'eo went straight to the changing rooms, and then reemerged with an ice pack, so he defo tweaked something at least and didn't look happy.

No way Kearney is playing next week, he was limping badly and had the hammy strapped and iced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭scott1974

T'eo went straight to the changing rooms, and then reemerged with an ice pack, so he defo tweaked something at least and didn't look happy.

No way Kearney is playing next week, he was limping badly and had the hammy strapped and iced.

Resigning Isa looks like a pretty good move now. I think we need T'eo more than Kearney for next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,920 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Very scrappy looking from the Terrace last night. Some very poor option taking from Ryan, Madigan and Boss.

Positives were the youngsters, Tracy and Kelleher showed up.

I know Sexton tweaked something but man did he look good when he came on, even from a pitch level view you could see the speed difference, the dynamism, the reaction time and the variation. Itd warm the cockles.

Advertisement