Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prime Time: Ireland's Call - Tonight at 22:35 p.m. (RTE & BBC 1 NI)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

He told the truth.

We can afford it, simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Pat Rabbitte telling NI some home truths about their crap economy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Two USCs. Says it all really. People won't even pay for water Miriam, let alone fund NI's public sector economy. Pearse, they get £10bn a year. You also need to account for the bundles of public sector workers that they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭PressRun

Wtf is happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

This is brilliantly, hilariously terrible. I would pay good money to throw Vincent Browne into the mix :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Jesus h. Rte clowns. No ad break on BBC how will RTE get their ads in

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭technocrat

Too much interrupting by the presenters..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭briany

I'm sure Nolan is enjoying the programme. Defeating Sinn Fein's pathetic arguments for a united Ireland is like shooting fish in a barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Pearse "numbers" Dougherty working his magic tonight.

PressRun wrote: »
    Wtf is happening?

The Irish Republican dream of a UI is getting smashed.

• Advertisement

He has very large ears

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Jimmy Deenihan looks like he showed up to play a game of bingo and wandered into the studio by mistake.

Embarrassing.

So bloody cringeworthy:o

Who do they even ask for these surveys? Never in my life have I ever heard of anyone being asked for their opinion on anything like this.

Berserker wrote: »

It's not only a republicans dream

"Ireland's call" lol, I'm out

Berserker wrote: »

Tbh, I've never really understood people who take glee in the idea of 'defeating' the possibility of a United Ireland just to get one up on republicans. I'd like to think people would approach the issue with a bit more maturity and consideration.

A NI Shiner is trying to sell a UI to an OO man on BBC. Making an utter mess of this. I can't believe how badly prepared SF are for this. Loving it, I have to say. Great entertainment.
    Tbh, I've never really understood people who take glee in the idea of 'defeating' the possibility of a United Ireland

Why is that? I have no desire for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

vicwatson wrote: »
    It's not only a republicans dream

Apparantly a dream of 11℅ of the NI population. lol

I so wish Vincent Browne was there. Nolan sounds like a loon.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Who do they even ask for these surveys? Never in my life have I ever heard of anyone being asked for their opinion on anything like this.

I have been phoned a number of times.

Not on this.

My answer would be I don't want a United Ireland, too expensive and they have too many people obsessed with flags, marching and bonfires, not to mention an economy that is a basket case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,095 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I get a call about every 6 months from Red C, MRBI etc for opinion polls, ask me everything from who I would vote for to who does the most of the shopping in the house.

So there you go you have now heard of one.

I was not called about this one by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,152 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Jimmy Deenihan looks like he showed up to play a game of bingo and wandered into the studio by mistake.

Embarrassing.

How many times are politicians accused of refusing to answer a question. Well for once one of them and did just that and he is being lambasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,152 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

jimmyw wrote: »
    So bloody cringeworthy:o
    And don,t forget actually honest.

RobertKK wrote: »
    I have been phoned a number of times.

Not on this.

My answer would be I don't want a United Ireland, too expensive and they have too many people obsessed with flags, marching and bonfires, not to mention an economy that is a basket case.

My answer would be yes to a United Ireland in theory, but I'd want a lot more serious conversations about the logisitics of it, which people don't even seem willing to have.

Christ. Never realised the NI identity was so popular. Outside of Belfast 25% consider themselves NI ish, 28% Irish and 41% British.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

"Two of your Grandparents fought in 1916"

Who cares? Why does that make his opinion any more important than anyone elses.

In 1916 they were apparently fighting for a Republic where your opinion wouldn't be more important because of what family you were born int.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

jmayo wrote: »
    How many times are politicians accused of refusing to answer a question. Well for once one of them and did just that and he is being lambasted.

But when you're a member of a party that purports to want Irish Unity that's a doozy of a question to answer honestly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Jesus Christ...it's going from the ridiculous to the absurd.

Why the vox pops?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭smartz

"Thrown out of the worker's party" wow. That has to be some sort of record for extremism.

Advertisement