Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

Address pal charge me for postage & customs fees and then again sent another customs fees and charged me for p&p again

fuck sake I’ll have to ring him tomorrow all I bought was a shirt Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I want to order something and the company only deliver to the UK. Wondering if I use AddressPal, with An Post handling exporting and importing side of it, will it come through ok? It's books so no VAT, they should only charge the €6.50?

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Hello, have you had any issues with the valuation applied to items by the AddressPal USA team?

I'm considering using it for shipping vintage records home, but have read addresspal reviews noting that the team open packages, inspect item and then apply their own valuations 2 or 3 times higher than the actual purchase price.

This valuation + addresspal fees then forms basis for customs calculation.

I'm fine with paying VAT + Duty where relevant, but hesitant to use addresspal if I will be liable for an excessive amount.

That would outweigh any convenience from knowing they will complete the customs forms including electronic data. I would just spend the time explaining requirments to seller instead and hope for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,285 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

No issues with valuation. Vinyl was valued at €27.58 so was charged €6.34 plus the €3.50 fee. I had paid $29.99 for the record with shipping so was accurate.

Cheers!

Did you purchase from an individual or a business?

A commercial invoice is less easy for them to dispute valuation. I tend to be buying from other collectors.

• Advertisement

I bought mine from Enjoy the Ride records. A business but a very small one. Funnily enough it was originally sent by USPS to Ireland and was farted back by An Post due to all this customs shïte. He (the owner) reshipped it personally to AddressPal for me.

Cowboys Ted!

From reading the reviews, the commercial invoice is key to ensuring they don't over value the goods.

Confusing that this was split off from the An Post returning packages discussion, as I was asking the question to determine if Addresspal was a valid option to ensure electronic data was submitted correctly, thus meeting An Post requirement and not have the item returned to sender.

Bizarre. I wasn't even following this thread so only notified because you quoted me. New site nonsense!

Should really have been left in other thread.

likewise! I was checking for response in the original thread and couldn't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Athassleabbey

Is there any alternative to Addresspal for goods only being delivered to the uk? I know parcel motel is suspended, just wondering if there’s anything else out there?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

No, there isn’t

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

I hadnt used Addresspal for a few months. I bought some used books from E-Bay UK last week, and was expecting the ususal faff from them looking for VAT plus their clearance fee even though books are zero-rated. Couldn't believe it when I got an email today to tell me they'll be delivered tomorrow. No messing re VAT etc. Is AP copping on? I hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Rewired

I wasn't bothered before, where I might be overcharged by a quid or two, but they're sticking purely speculative prices on things now, so looks like I'll have to go through this every time. I'm talking close to 2x what I actually paid for items, incl. delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Any idea how Addresspal US is taking to process parcels, Item was delivered last Friday and not a peep from them, The last time I used them in the US was a couple of months ago and it took less than 24 hrs for them to process and for it to appear on their portal.

I've every so often had to mail them and ask them and then it magically shows up! Usually it's fine though, within 24hours as you say.

UREVO Exercise Bike,10kg Flywheel Indoor Cycling Bike for Home Workout with 260LBS Weight Capacity, Stationary Bikes for Fitness Gyms Training with Comfortable Seat Cushion https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B098B6RDRR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_DEMPCVA1NM1ZGWZKRVC5

Amazon sadly won’t ship to Ireland but if I used addresspal how much would it cost me

• Registered Users Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Way beyond their acceptable size limit, they'll reject it.

There's a workaround if you're desperate enough to travel north of the border though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mod - Do not elaborate here. Take it to PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭seanin4711

hi All,

Cousin in NY sending me an item from personal address to personal address.

is there a better option addresspal?

is this liable for vat customs,evn if it not new?

thanks

j

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Apologies if this has been asked before. I want to buy an item from Amazon UK that dispatches from Amazon US. It has to go to a UK address. Would I incur additional charges apart from AP's charge ? I would be paying a total of €31 to Amazon UK - delivered free via Amazon Prime. It says it include VAT but I assume this will be UK Vat.

What's the likely worse extra that I would have to pay ?

Post edited by Discodog on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

You would just have to pay the regular AP charges.

Would you not just order the same item directly on amazon.com? You should be able to get it shipped directly here. The delivery costs would be cheaper than what you'd end up paying AP almost certainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Strangely Amazon.com won't deliver it to Ireland. Presumably I would also have to pay the difference in Vat?

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

Unfortunately you'll be paying VAT twice for this - you're effectively importing from the US to the UK (and Amazon are handling all of the VAT payments for you) with delivery to AddressPal in the UK. You will then be importing from the UK to Ireland and paying whatever VAT and Duties AP decide you have to pay, plus their fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 mikkijan

My ebay item arrived at AP NJ on 11 Oct and I received the Good News email with tracking number from them yesterday 13 Oct.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 mikkijan

I couldn't get the hang of editing my comment above without it repeating what was already there, so I'll just add this

I went to check on some other items and am glad I did. I had two items arrive at NJ on 8 Oct, according to My Ebay page. One has made no further progress and I haven't received an email from AP.

With the other, My Ebay states it was sent on from NJ on 11 Oct but I have no email from AP. Neither of these two are showing on my AP account.

So I've now sent two emails to support enquiring about these.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭boardtc

I have used AddressPal a couple times for amazon redirect post brexit and it worked fine.

I now want to buy something on Amazon, it's not available elsewhere as the company went out of business :-(

AddressPal's length + girth max in 300cm but my item while weighing only 14.3Kg has a length+ girth of 500-600cm.

They don't quote for above 300cm. Has anyone been able to do it with them?

Alternatively anyone know someone driving form the UK to Ireland that would be up for doing someone a favour?

They won't accept it if its oversize, As far as I am aware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

They won't accept oversize items. But if you're desperate enough to travel up north to collect things, PM me for more info.

Advertisement