Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

not seeing results

Options
2»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

U1D2C3 wrote: »
    i have to take in 1270 calories a day (according to myfitnesspal) and havent gone over it yet BUT also taking into account calories I gain from exercising, i would never be in the red zone.

Sounds like you're making great progress :) I really enjoyed this phase of changing to a healthier lifestyle - learning what foods I could now appreciate etc. Hopefully you are too!

Just one thing to be conscious of - MFP tends to under-estimate how many calories you should eat every day. It sounds like you're eating back your exercise cals, but just be sure that you're not under-feeding yourself either :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 The_Op

U1D2C3 wrote: »
    Thanks again everyone for all your replies!! Have taken yeer advice and since Monday Ive been using myfitnesspal and Runtastic! getting used to keeping track of how many grams of everything im eating, been weighing everything, my housemate thinks i'm gone mad :D and the runtastic gives me good motivation when i see what distance and speed when i'm out. Very handy! Also have stocked up on lots of healthy food, no more egg mayo and lessening my portions.

I've my goal set to lose half a kg a week and try get to 58-60 kgs over time, i've no limit anyway set for when it has to be lost. Still trying to go easy on myself! i have to take in 1270 calories a day (according to myfitnesspal) and havent gone over it yet BUT also taking into account calories I gain from exercising, i would never be in the red zone.

I have been getting cravings for sweet things and learning to try and get used to eating smaller more often. It's a total lifestyle change and it has been a fairly tough week but definitely not as bad as i ever expected it to be. You see people on these diets and it looks miserable, haha, but no its not at all! i always had the idea that i can eat whatever as long as i exercise, ha in a perfect world!

Lots of great advice in this thread and much appreciated!! I definitely don't feel as demotivated !! And you hear and read so much about whats good for you and whats bad, and then a week later what WAS good for you is not TERRIBLE for you! haha! I tend not to listen tho!

This is fantastic! Well done for taking control of the situation and being really positive, and listening to advise.
    eamonnb1 wrote: »
    There are plenty of studies done into high Intesity vs low intensity steady state, and high intensity is proven to be far more effective.

I'm not getting at you because this is peddled by an awful lot of people, but that statement is either untrue or incomplete. Is HIIT more efficient at weight loss (assuming you keep it up for a sustained period), then yes the evidence probably does suggest that. Is it possible to have the very smilar effect in weight loss from walking (with more time and less effort), and HIIT(more effort in less time), I think so. (i.e. the effectiveness is the same)

My point is that HIIT doesn't really suit everyone. Clearly it did for the OP here. That doesn't mean one is more effective in all circumstances, some types of excersise suits some people, other suits other people. Generally it's my experience that doing both is the most sustainable for weight loss. However an awful lot of people will start HIIT, do it for a few weeks and give up. It's more plausable to me, that across a population, more people would sustain walking than HIIT, so in that way it could be considered to be more effective. That's purely an opinion though, I'm not peddling any of this as facts.

It is an aside though, that's really the last 5 per cent of the issue, nothing will change without dietrary changes.

Advertisement