Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manager rates

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

I doubt there is anyone at club level anywhere getting €250 a session. That is crazy money.
    There are a certain amount of chancers operating around the country who move from club to club, often staying no more than a year (totally inadequate for team development) and charging as much as possible in the process.

However, there is, thankfully a growing number of more knowledgeable, sensible and ethical coaches around also. More and more GAA members are educating themselves on proper training methods, coaching methods, nutrition, recovery etc.

As to the poster saying anyone getting more than €80 per session should be reported. Go get a quote from any gym, personal trainer or professional coach for group sessions 3 times a week over up to 12 months...I think you'll find that if you get a good coach (or manager who is good at hands-on coaching) then €80 is fairly reasonable. If he is a bluffer, then get rid of him, or do your research better before hiring him! As I said, there are bluffers out there, but I'm sure everyone knows a lot of clubs that have benefitted hugely from high quality "outside" input. In many cases it may have been the final step to get a group of players to a level they would otherwise not have reached.

Have to say I've no sympathy for clubs who are willing to part with their cash like that without doing a bit of research. Myself if I was running a club I wouldn't be paying anyone decently who didn't have a proven track record of staying with teams and getting results/developing a good squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭rpurfield

I know for a fact of a local enough club looking a manager a couple of years back a former, and very mediocre, inter county manager was approached, he asked for 40k for the year. Also know of a club near by that paid 12k for a year to a lad with no previous management experience.

I'd love to see my club winning a senior championship, but if it came at the cost of gear or facilities for the other teams in the club I'd have to say no thanks. There are some good managers out there, but there is also a hell of a lot of spoofers cleaning clubs out for their own gain.

Advertisement