Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I mitici di Treviso contro i stronzi di Leinster [Match Thread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

BP win in bogey ground 3 pts conceded happy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

What's up with Healy? He's nowhere near as good as he used to be. Doesn't do the carrying he used to. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Looking forward to next week now.

A bit of champagne back in the RDS with the prodigal son returning against a team we lost to 3/4 weeks ago?

Can't remember the last time I was looking forward to going to a home Leinster match.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Who got motm?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

vienne86 wrote: »
    What's up with Healy? He's nowhere near as good as he used to be. Doesn't do the carrying he used to. :(

Probably concentrating on his acting career too much :)

• Advertisement

.ak wrote: »
    Who got motm?

Reddan?

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

vienne86 wrote: »

I think u probably won't see him to his best until he gets a good few games under his belt. Nothing brings props on like game time

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

.ak wrote: »
    Who got motm?

Reddan.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I've lived in Italy for 2 years and only understood half of the OP and title.

Mamma mia.

hogandrew wrote: »
    I think u probably won't see him to his best until he gets a good few games under his belt. Nothing brings props on like game time

I hope you're right. His dynamism is really missing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

Who would everyone pick at tight head? Ross with Moore to come on are probably the likely pair but for a free flowing game Furlong is probably the best we have. Interesting call to be made

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

I'd agree with the sentiment, but I feel you have to let the provinces compete without hamstringing them with mandates forcing them to play certain players.

It's just too vital to the national side that Rob Kearney is playing rugby. Especially now with Felix Jones retiring. Otherwise there won't be an Irish full-back playing regular rugby in any of the provinces except Tiernan O'Halloran.

It won't hamstring Leinster significantly. They will just do what they've always done and play Nacewa on the wing. And to be honest that's probably the best scenario anyway. Rob Kearney is a strong leader in the squad and also a top class full-back. Having him and Nacewa on the pitch at the same time is better than having just one of them on the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Mamma mia.

Daje!

He would win in a fight between Alan Quinlan and Shane Horgan

He would win in a fight between Alan Quinlan and Shane Horgan

Depends on the rules.
    If it's a bare knuckle illegal underground fight I would go with Alan Quinlan in the second round with a mean fish-hook.

If it's a regulated MMA fight I would go with Shane Horgan in the second round for disqualification against Alan Quinlan for a mean fish-hook.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

Fitzgerald shoulder injury according to twitter. How bad?

Hagz wrote: »
    It's just too vital to the national side that Rob Kearney is playing rugby. Especially now with Felix Jones retiring. Otherwise there won't be an Irish full-back playing regular rugby in any of the provinces except Tiernan O'Halloran.

Conway at Munster? Nelson at Ulster?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Fitzgerald shoulder injury according to twitter. How bad?

he walked off the pitch and didn't look to be carrying anything

Conway at Munster? Nelson at Ulster?

Munster having to play Conway instead of Amorisino and Ulster having to play Nelson instead of Ludik is more of a hamstring to those clubs than Leinster having to play Rob Kearney instead of Nacewa.

Munster having to play Conway instead of Amorisino and Ulster having to play Nelson instead of Ludik is more of a hamstring to those clubs than Leinster having to play Rob Kearney instead of Nacewa.

Amorosino has a 3 month contract, so he's not a long term plan. Although I assume that contract was signed before Jones had to retire.

It's quite possible that Conway and Nelson could be the best options for Munster and Ulster given a proper run of games in those positions. I'm not suggesting they're gifted a spot just so Ireland has options. I'm just saying there are other FB's in Ireland that could be playing regularly.

EDIT: Also, now that I think if it there's a possibility Payne could be put back to FB whenever he gets back from injury at Ulster. McCloskey and Cave will have a few months together, all going well, to make themselves the #1 centres so Payne could very well see himself back at FB. Which would be pretty good for Ireland, in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

CatFromHue wrote: »
    he walked off the pitch and didn't look to be carrying anything

He was clenching and unclenching his right hand as he walked off. Could be just a stinger.

rrpc wrote: »
    He was clenching and unclenching his right hand as he walked off. Could be just a stinger.

I hope that's all it is. He has been on a decent bit of an injury free run....for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Mamma mia.
    Lucky, lucky man. I did a short stint about 16 years ago at the University of Bologna and loved the place. The food, the elegance, the local wine, the architecture - those huge granite towers and the arcaded streets and Bologna probably isn't the most beautiful of Italian cities. If I had to live outside of these islands that's where I'd go. One of the strange things was that although any spoken Italian I had then was very rudimentary, I could actually make sense of a lot of the written word.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Heroditas

rrpc wrote: »

Phew. Probably only 3 months in the treatment room in that case! :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

You're right. For the good of the national side Kearney should be moved to Munster where he'll be the no.1 fullback, rather than playing the no. 1 in Leinster out of position. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

'Mitici' ?. Cazzo, ma sono i stronzi i Trevisani.
    Perche il rugby italiano va in marcia indietro ?
    Quando si ritira Parisse, meglio che l'Italia si ritira anche dal 6N.
    Vergognati, rugby Italiano.

Come mai non hanno fatto progressi come gli Argentini ?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

He was joking. I think it's his "Local" team.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I'm hoping that Leinster are playing with ball in hand so much at the moment so that they can get up to speed with how they want to play and with each other. Because if we don't start kicking for territory and stop playing so much rugby in our own half we will be made to pay by better teams. We struggled to get out of our own half for pretty much the entire first half yesterday and gave Treviso plenty of easy ins that they simply couldn't take advantage of.

I know many of us wanted to see a more expansive game but there's a difference between playing expansively and playing stupidly. Argentina taught us all that in the last few weeks, if we didn't already know. It's great to see a bit more adventure and excitement, but that needs to be tempered somewhat with pragmatism. Johnny put in a lovely kick to touch in the first few minutes and that's about the only kick for territory he put in. You just can't run the ball from inside your 22 as a rule. We spoke a lot about exits last season, and that's a damn risky one.

All that said when we got motoring in the second half we looked pretty good, albeit against poor opposition. Te'o has been fantastic and you can see how important it is to give converts time to develop in a single position. He's really come on both defensively and going forward. Maccer has been having a really great season for us so far. Murphy went well yesterday but I still think VDF has done enough to be getting the 20 shirt against Wasps at this stage. Luke McGrath made a real impact when he came on and Dave was very good. Healy though didn't look up to it at all. McGrath is unquestionably first choice at this stage.

Oh and Johnny is back. And it looks like he and Ben and Isa could form a very good relationship judging by yesterday. There's a lot to get excited and positive about. I just hope we can temper that in the big games. And if anyone can do that its Johnny. Roll on Scarlets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,606 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I agree with with you, more territory needs to be kicked. Even in the second half the only decent touch kick was Isa and that was accidental! Did we box kick at all yesterday? I don't think so. However, I will say yesterday there was more danger of us getting 6 than treviso getting 1.

Advertisement