Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I mitici di Treviso contro i stronzi di Leinster [Match Thread]

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

errlloyd wrote: »
    I agree with with you, more territory needs to be kicked. Even in the second half the only decent touch kick was Isa and that was accidental! Did we box kick at all yesterday? I don't think so. However, I will say yesterday there was more danger of us getting 6 than treviso getting 1.

But how much of that was us and how much of it was Treviso?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

molloyjh wrote: »
    But how much of that was us and how much of it was Treviso?

It was all treviso, but if the result isn't in doubt I think that is the way we should play. We need to get into the habit of playing ambitious rugby again. The boys don't need to practice their kick chases or touch finders right now. They need to remember how to pass and catch a ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

molloyjh wrote: »
    I'm hoping that Leinster are playing with ball in hand so much at the moment so that they can get up to speed with how they want to play and with each other. Because if we don't start kicking for territory and stop playing so much rugby in our own half we will be made to pay by better teams. We struggled to get out of our own half for pretty much the entire first half yesterday and gave Treviso plenty of easy ins that they simply couldn't take advantage of.

I know many of us wanted to see a more expansive game but there's a difference between playing expansively and playing stupidly. Argentina taught us all that in the last few weeks, if we didn't already know. It's great to see a bit more adventure and excitement, but that needs to be tempered somewhat with pragmatism. Johnny put in a lovely kick to touch in the first few minutes and that's about the only kick for territory he put in. You just can't run the ball from inside your 22 as a rule. We spoke a lot about exits last season, and that's a damn risky one.

All that said when we got motoring in the second half we looked pretty good, albeit against poor opposition. Te'o has been fantastic and you can see how important it is to give converts time to develop in a single position. He's really come on both defensively and going forward. Maccer has been having a really great season for us so far. Murphy went well yesterday but I still think VDF has done enough to be getting the 20 shirt against Wasps at this stage. Luke McGrath made a real impact when he came on and Dave was very good. Healy though didn't look up to it at all. McGrath is unquestionably first choice at this stage.

Oh and Johnny is back. And it looks like he and Ben and Isa could form a very good relationship judging by yesterday. There's a lot to get excited and positive about. I just hope we can temper that in the big games. And if anyone can do that its Johnny. Roll on Scarlets.

Great analysis - I am delighted to see us passing the ball so much, as we just really need to get used to doing that again. But you are right, it was risky stuff that would have been punished against better opposition.

It was an ideal fixture to re-introduce Sexton - he could chance setting up the running moves for the backs, and there wasn't the hype there would have been in the RDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

'Mitici' ?. Cazzo, ma sono i stronzi i Trevisani.
    Perche il rugby italiano va in marcia indietro ?
    Quando si ritira Parisse, meglio che l'Italia si ritira anche dal 6N.
    Vergognati, rugby Italiano.

Come mai non hanno fatto progressi come gli Argentini ?

Forse perché sono Argentini, i giocatori più forti di Italia!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

Healy is still in terrible form. Jack McGrath must be comfortably first choice now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement