Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show - 30th October 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I think Oliver Callan is 100% right when he refers to Newstalk and Newsgob. I hate listening to a 'Bennis O'Drien' owned organisation. I've given up on listening to Hook but I can't part with Pat Kenny or Ivan Yeats but I wish they were free to speak their mind on all issues, they rarely say anything remotely critical of Dinny.

The main reason why Pat's show is going nowhere in the JNLR's.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Corrrrrrrrkkkkkkk

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I must be going mutt and jeff......

I'd no idea what Geraldine said.............. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Some of the audience at the end there didn't look over enthused.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Blanket Street time.....

Night night lads and ladies!

Safe home gswxxx :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,192 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Caaaaaaark

• Registered Users Posts: 81,667 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Berserker wrote: »
    Wait until you see SFs new policy on housing. A light touch approach to support the building of a large number of units. Where have we heard that before and how did that end up?

It was a no touch/self touch that we had before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

A bizarre mix tonight. Keep your pets indoors tomorrow folks. Night all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

A list system is all well and good, but who'll fix the ****ing road???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

Jaysus turbidy couldn't interview a paper bag. Just watching on +1 with angela red head and he is just the most awkward interviewer I have ever seen. He is so bad its cringworthy.

• Advertisement
    M

I think the country would run so much better under a dictatorship.

M

Irelands favourite broadband? how would you quantify that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

sudzs wrote: »
    Did she say CARK ?????? :eek:
    squadro wrote: »
    Corrrrrrrrkkkkkkk
    Caaaaaaark

Jury's out on that one:pac:

(Jury's Cork, of course ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 72,192 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Have a rest, Ryan - you earned it!

You can borrow my **** kit if you like

Stay safe, folks...nos da :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Tom Cruise looking well over on rte2

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

The main reason why Pat's show is going nowhere in the JNLR's.
    I switched from Hook to Cooper during the Catherine Murphy/Dinny controversy. Cooper is one of the few 'Benis O'Drien' employees who is willing to push the boat out. He cut through Dinny's PR man, James Morrissey for a shortcut a few months back and .....surprise, surprise the interview was removed from the Last Word Podcast. I emailed the show to complain and I was met by a deafening silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Irelands favourite broadband? how would you quantify that?
    The number of paying customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,594 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Jaysus turbidy couldn't interview a paper bag. Just watching on +1 with angela red head and he is just the most awkward interviewer I have ever seen. He is so bad its cringworthy.

He could interview a paper bag.

1. Are you an Irish paper bag?

2. How does that make you feel?

3. Are you dying?

4. How does that make you feel?

5. Coming up after the break, Pat Shortt, ladies and gentlemen.

I switched from Hook to Cooper during the Catherine Murphy/Dinny controversy. Cooper is one of the few 'Benis O'Drien' employees who is willing to push the boat out. He cut through Dinny's PR man, James Morrissey for a shortcut a few months back and .....surprise, surprise the interview was removed from the Last Word Podcast. I emailed the show to complain and I was met by a deafening silence.

Shane Coleman filling in for Hook this week. He's so uber PC, it's actually painful to listen to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Wall St's on- Let's go to work and BTW-

Lunch is for wimps! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭candycock

Anyone got a link for Jim MC guinness interview??

candycock wrote: »
    Anyone got a link for Jim MC guinness interview??

The show should be on the RTE player soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

This fecker trying to carve out a "controversial right-winger" niche in Ireland when he's just obnoxious and stupid.

He was totally wrong about a November 20th election.

M

The number of paying customers?

Yes if theres other options in the area, no if that's all they are forced to go with. I know nobody in any area with Virgin Media who has Eir for their broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

brooke 2 wrote: »
    He was totally wrong about a November 20th election.
    I'd say he was totally right. Nobody could have known that Burton would have caught Kenny by the liathróidí and make him change his mind

I think Oliver Callan is 100% right when he refers to Newstalk and Newsgob. I hate listening to a 'Bennis O'Drien' owned organisation. I've given up on listening to Hook but I can't part with Pat Kenny or Ivan Yeats but I wish they were free to speak their mind on all issues, they rarely say anything remotely critical of Dinny.

Well, it hasn't done Pat Kenny much good, as his numbers are down!
    Seán O'Rourke's, incidentally, have increased by thousands!! :D

coolhull wrote: »
    I'd say he was totally right. Nobody could have known that Burton would have caught Kenny by the liathróidí and make him change his mind

You'd wonder why though. Fine Gael are a bunch of mercenaries. It wouldn't matter a feck to them how badly Labour are doing in the polls. There's not much chance of a FG/Lab coalition being returned, irrespective of whether the election takes place in November or March. Maybe Joan hid the key to Enda's fridge full of Lilt? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

You'd wonder why though. Fine Gael are a bunch of mercenaries. It wouldn't matter a feck to them how badly Labour are doing in the polls. There's not much chance of a FG/Lab coalition being returned, irrespective of whether the election takes place in November or March. Maybe Joan hid the key to Enda's fridge full of Lilt? ;)
    No, but Kenny still wants Labour to ask for second-preference votes to go to FG.
    Of course, Labour would be so delighted to get your vote at all, that their candidates won't give a sh1te what you do with your your preference votes

RayM wrote: »
    A list system is all well and good, but who'll fix the ****ing road???

It doesn't surprise me that Ivan Yates would prefer a list system. He strikes me
    as someone who was too lazy to do the usual donkey work associated with
    being a politician - all would be ok with him once handed to him on a plate.
    What work had he really put in before he was made Minister for Agriculture by John Bruton?
    IIRC, he was being touted as a possible Taoiseach back in those halcyon days! It must be killing
    him that his former room-mate, who used 'to sleep until midday', is the one who made it to the top!! :D

Pat Kenny, back in his glory days in RTE, once interviewed a German political
    observer who did not approve of what he saw of the list system in his country.
    As I recall it, he actually said that German politicians could learn from the Irish
    system! The problem with the list system was that those on it were cut off from the concerns of
    ordinary people and you could forget about your potholes, etc, being fixed! As these guys knew
    they would be put on the list without being elected by the people, they did not have to concern
    themselves with any of their problems. A scenario which would suit Ivan very well, I imagine!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

Yet another Munster winner of the Late Late Show competition :rolleyes: at this stage the only suspense when announcing the winner next week is which Munster county the winner is living in. Just checking the competition rules to see if it was Munster only, I think thats six winners from Munster since the new series started in September.

As for the idea of introducing a list system for voting, that would be widely abused with certain counties being guaranteed a TD from the list because of their political influence or perceived importance, while other counties might never again have a TD at all. As an example, when Enda commented about having to appoint a Minister for the Gaeltacht from Donegal or else Donegal wouldn't be represented at the cabinet table, he never explained what was unique about Donegal, that it required representation at cabinet rather than one of the many other counties that don't have a minister. If a list system was introduced Donegal, Mayo, Galway, Limerick/Clare, Kerry, Tipperary, Cork, Waterford, Wexford, Dublin, Louth and Cavan/Monaghan would always be guaranteed a TD, other counties would have to rely on the direct vote to get a TD.

Advertisement