Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terror at 35,000 feet!

Options
  • 29-10-2015 4:42am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hello AH. I'm on a flight over America on a plane to Dublin that has wifi. However we are hitting some of the worst turbulence ever. Even the crew have had to sit down.

I'm not doing so good. :o

So I need your help. I've probably wasted my life.

So in the event all is well in the world I want to know all the awesome things you guys have done so I can start doing them!

Oh and turbulence survival tips!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

do what gerard depardieu did p*ss on the plane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Ask them can you have another brandy. Turbulance survival tip #1

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Turbulence Survial Tip.

Keep your seat belt on and relax as the plane can withstand it no problem and it will soon pass. It's like the plane is on a roller-coaster of air in the sky. Nothing will happen to you apart from being hit by projectile vomit from other passengers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Terror at 35,000 feet ?
    Phew, just as well you didn't entitle the thread "Nightmare at 20,000 feet". :D

Don't worry, modern planes are built to withstand turbulence.

PS: having WiFi on a plane is awesome enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Start praying to Allah, loudly.

The rest of the passengers will thank you for taking their mind of the turbulence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

murpho999 wrote: »
    Turbulence Survial Tip.

Keep your seat belt on and relax as the plane can withstand it no problem and it will soon pass. It's like the plane is on a roller-coaster of air in the sky. Nothing will happen to you apart from being hit by projectile vomit from other passengers.

Balls to this! Jump up and down, and shake about as much as possible. Encourage those on the other side to do the same. People are smarter than stupid airplanes and will know better how to get it stabilised. Try to punch open some windows too, the air coming in will slow the plane down to a safe speed, kind of like a parachute effect. If any of the staff try to stop you, stab them and make your demands known that everyone follow suit.

God speed faceman, God speed!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Looking at your username OP, I really hope B.A. Baracus isn't on that flight or you truly will be fúcked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

faceman wrote: »
    Hello AH. I'm on a flight over America on a plane to Dublin that has wifi. However we are hitting some of the worst turbulence ever. Even the crew have had to sit down.

So in the event all is well in the world I want to know all the awesome things you guys have done so I can start doing them!

Although turbulence feels horrible that's all it can really do is make you feel uneasy I know from experience of bad flights from Spain to Ireland I wanted to just jump out it got that bad!! Oh and also the staff on the plane sat down too it was horrible but just rest assured the plane can withstand turbulence and I mean even the most severe cases which I'm sure no plane will ever have to go through!!

I was on flights to the states before once I December and in June then I returned in September back to Ireland flew with Aer Lingus and my connecting flights to Michigan were with United both had WiFi which I found really cool to have on a plane!! I went through some bad bumps on the way to the states and even over the states. Just try relax and think of it as been in a bus hitting some bumps on the road :P turbulence is 100% normal and thousands of planes go through it every day. :) how much further have you to travel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,299 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

So, still alive?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Ah yizzer all great. :)

The seatbelt sign just went off and the meal service is being attempted. We have 7.5 hours to go.

But we also have a tailwind of 145mph. That doesn't bode well!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

The seatbelt sign just went off and the meal service is being attempted. We have 7.5 hours to go.

Maybe it's Ming messing with the weather watch out.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

A tailwind is good as it gets you there quicker and it doesn't cause turbulence. Air pockets do.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,673 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I'd say now's as good a time as any to learn how to fly a plane.

Failing that, grab a football from the luggage and meet your new friend for the next couple of years -

Wilson :pac:

The tailwind is good should cut down the flying time a bit :) which airline you flying with I'm guessing Aer Lingus :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Right it's been smooth now during meal service but we're taking an unusual route for this trip so that cancels out any gains made by the tailwind.

I'm still touching cloth though cos you know, nerves be nerves.

Older lady beside told me it'd be grand like. But I reckon she's fibbing.

Also, I saw what looked like a very dishevelled pilot/co-pilot/flight engineer come out of the rest area. Looked like he couldn't find his way out of a one way street let alone a transatlantic airplane!

Oh the engines keep making loud funny noises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Let us know when you crash so we can start a mega thread on another missing plane.;)

Right it's been smooth now during meal service but we're taking an unusual route for this trip so that cancels out any gains made by the tailwind.

Also, I saw what looked like a very dishevelled pilot/co-pilot/flight engineer come out of the rest area. Looked like he couldn't find his way out of a one way street let alone a transatlantic airplane!

Lol loud noises :P probably trying to compensate for the bumps. The Airbus A330 I flew back to Ireland with in September was making funny noises most the flight with the engines I guess some sounds different than others I flew over on a Airbus A330 too and I didn't hear the same :)

Let us know when you crash so we can start a mega thread on another missing plane.;)

MH370 all over again :o

FFS THE SEAT BELT LIGHT IS BACK ON!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,299 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Can I have some of your stuff to remember you by?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,013 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

It's when they stop making noise you need to start worrying...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Have a look for George Kennedy.If he's there,panic!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

• Registered Users Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭weisses

FFS THE SEAT BELT LIGHT IS BACK ON!!!!

FAceman are you there ???? .......... Faceman ?? .... FACEEEMANNNNNNNNNN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

You'll be grand op.. one night we made 3 attempts to land during a storm at Glasgow international.. it was a 50 seater so we were being thrown about. The air hostess fell forward onto the floor out of her seat..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Where you flying to ? I'm guessing San Fran or LA ?

Business or pleasure ?

Have a neat Jameson whiskey or 2 ... sort out the nerves..

edit - just see you are returning to Dublin - I guess this is you :
    http://fr24.com/EIN146/7d49dbf

3 hours left. The air is smoother but those bleedin' engines keep making weird noises. Plus we're over the Atlantic now so there's no safe refuge till Ireland.

The headphone jack on me chair is giving me sounds effects in one ear and dialogue in another which makes the inflight movie seem like each scene takes place in 2 separate rooms.

Just checked the time left and it's still 3 hours!!

The alcohol hasn't made the flight any more smoother despite those recommendations.

My life savings is buried under a rock in a field by a tree in Tallaght FWIW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

You home yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Dont worry, you are on an A330 - really safe solid plane.

Yes its the same model as AF447 but no worries ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,673 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Five hours in the air, and another three hours to go? You wouldn't want to be in a hurry! Tell 'em put the boot down! :D

Advertisement