Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Felix Jones forced to retire due to neck injury

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Making the pitch wider would seem a better solution to me. Encourage more evasion than collision.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I wonder if Felix has any interest in coaching.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Making the pitch wider would seem a better solution to me. Encourage more evasion than collision.
    Not possible though in most grounds and most pitches don't even reach the max dimensions that can be used under the existing laws
    The field of play cant exceed 100metres in length and the playing area cant exceed 70 metres in width. Rarely are pitches at this size

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

postitnote wrote: »
    Nearly, but my old knowledge of physics from the past tells me:

Force = mass x acceleration (F=ma)
    Kinetic Energy = 1/2 x mass x velocity squared ( KE=1/2mv²)

It's a moot point and completely pedantic though, terrible news for Felix and I wish him all the best for the future.

Cheers for that. In my defence your honour, that was off the top of my head without the proper research required :p. It doesn't negate the point though.

It really depends on what the root source of these injuries are. Many of the injuries suffered by us and Wales at and before the world cup were not caused by impacts from tackles.

As far as I know though, both times Felix Jones injured his neck, it was through tackling.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,083 ✭✭✭✭phog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭postitnote

rrpc wrote: »
    Cheers for that. In my defence your honour, that was off the top of my head without the proper research required :p. It doesn't negate the point though...

I just enjoyed being able to jump on someone on the rugby forum and tell them they were wrong. Made me feel big and clever for a bit. :pac::pac::p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

postitnote wrote: »
    I just enjoyed being able to jump on someone on the rugby forum and tell them they were wrong. Made me feel big and clever for a bit. :pac::pac::p

A mod in waiting

Advertisement