Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where should future Tipp GAA forums go?

Options
  • 25-10-2015 9:13pm

You decide. 56 days to decide.

Where should future Tipp GAA threads be posted to? 39 votes

Tipperary County forum
    0% 0 votes
    GAA forum
    100% 39 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'll vote for the GAA forum :D

Clareman wrote: »
    I'll vote for the GAA forum :D

Good for you. We live in a democracy so why not sure. :)

To be honest, it could be time for change anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭Xenophile

I have voted for the GAA forum ! :)

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Can there be two? One for supporters and one opened out for all? Or, is that madness?

Anyway, can you give the reasons for and against both?

Can there be two? One for supporters and one opened out for all? Or, is that madness?

Keep it in the Tipp forum

For
    • Regional forum should perhaps have a thread dedicated to the county's most popular sports
    • Thread has been relatively popular since its 2010 inception

Against
    • Thread could be easily missed by many members who dont navigate to the Tipp forum
    • Narrow input base.

Move to GAA

For

• Wider input base from other counties
    • Keeping in line with other counties that have their threads listed in GAA

Against
    • Thread could descend into chaos more often
    • Previous thread became a ghost thread
    • May take adjusting to the new settings

• Advertisement

We tried two a while back and the GAA forum one ended up a ghost thread but it was more that it was opened up after the other so people seen no point in posting to two

what would you vote for?

what would you vote for?

Just let fans go ahead and vote. A secret ballot is best for polls like this as it would help avoid arguments into the future. Unless of course unless people want to declare their hand voluntarily.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I like having it here as I rarely venture into the GAA forum anyway.

If I want to find out about club games etc. I want to go to the Tipperary Forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

There can still be two regardless of where they are and both will be open to all as there's nothing stopping people from other counties etc from commenting regardless of threads location
    callaway92 wrote: »
    I like having it here as I rarely venture into the GAA forum anyway.

If I want to find out about club games etc. I want to go to the Tipperary Forum.
    You would still find out about club games etc if this thread was in the GAA forum....

• Advertisement

You would still find out about club games etc if this thread was in the GAA forum....

I know that - but I'm often in the Tipperary forum anyway, so it's convenient.

I'd keep it in the Tipp forum also - I think Gunner does a great job of it

I'd keep it in the Tipp forum also - I think Gunner does a great job of it

If Tipp Gunner came out and said GAA would you urge people to take his advice.

Either way its all the same to me the end of the day. We're hardly stopping outsiders from contributing at present and the thread is fairly accessible. Im happy to go with the majority and so far it seems a close run thing.

Im not sure there was many county threads going even in GAA when we opened this thread first back in 2010. its more out of habit and easy reference that it has maintained itself in the Tipperary thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Keep it here.

What's your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭touts

I voted to keep it (singular) here. It's useful to have Tipperary specific news and announcements here as it could get lost in the general GAA section with updates from around the country. However it would have to be clear what the rules are for posting in that thread and what the rules are for starting other GAA threads. Speaking as a member of a GAA club and an underage coach there are many lads I know who I wouldn't trust to realize that a thread about the scandalous goings on at a friendly match between their U-12 camogie team and the bowsies in the neighbouring parish wouldn't be of much interest to the general Tipperary population. As long as it is one thread on all GAA related Tipperary things I say keep it here. But if it becomes more than one thread (e.g. one in inter county stuff, various ones for general tipperary GAA chat & banter, numerous ones for tipperary clubs making announcements) then I say either keep that in the GAA section OR have a sub section within the Tipperary section for GAA forums. (e.g. Home > Regional > Midwest > Tipperary > Tipp GAA > Thread title).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

There's no problem having 2 by the way, once they aren't exact replicas of each other there shouldn't be a problem, personally I wouldn't be a fan of having 2 versions as something would be missed, there isn't a GAA thread in the other mid-west forums by the way. I follow the Clare GAA thread in the GAA and interact in there.

With my mod hat on (I'm a former GAA mod by the way), a Regional Mod isn't going to get involved too much in a GAA Thread as their knowledge wouldn't really be around GAA, chances are if there's an issue with posting posts are just going to be deleted and posters banned. In the GAA forum the mods there will have a deeper knowledge of the subject and will be able to moderate in a way more suitable to a GAA discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

I voted to keep it as it is.. Seems to be working extremely well. I set up the very first one back in the glory year of 2010 after spotting a serious need for such a forum, GAA is massive in Tipp. Hurlers on the ditch are everywhere! Plus I felt a little life was needed in the Tipp section in general. I don't get the chance to contribute as much any more but its fair to say it has gone from strength to strength with diligent work from users like Tipp Gunner and others. Fair play to ye. So, if it ain't broke........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Keep it here. Great group of lads post here without it being cliquey. I fear if it's moved to a larger audience like the GAA forum, people will less likely to post for fear of getting lambasted by others. Keeps out the crap posting/trolls on match days/no hurling time as well. It's become tradition too, been here for years and last I saw, getting more popular each year. Plus if anyone wants to find a Tipperary thread, it's common sense to go look in either GAA or the region/county.

• Advertisement

Most people voting for it to be put in the main GAA forum would be non-Tipp people I'd assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

Most people voting for it to be put in the main GAA forum would be non-Tipp people I'd assume?

Most of the regular contributors seem to want to keep it in the Tipp forum.
    Almost 50votes cast and the thread usually has only about half that number of contributors

Ya, was thinking the same. Keep it here lads, innit?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Not going to vote as: (a) It wouldn't be fair for an outsider like myself to have a say and (b) It doesn't really bother me either way.

Just going to point out what would happen if ye did decide to move this thread to the GAA forum:
    Going by the activity of the thread, I definitely wouldn't see it getting lost in the GAA forum. The thread would probably be behind in activity only to the Waterford and Cork threads which are almost constantly on the first page.
    For anyone worried about possible trolls, as a rule we take a much stricter line on any winding up by outsiders in county threads as opposed to on match threads. So something that may be permitted on a Tipperary match thread would be a no-no in the Tipp discussion thread.
    Obviously, the GAA charter would be in force which would mean no personal abuse of players, managers, etc.

So ye are welcome to open a thread in the GAA forum if you decide to do so. Ye are also welcome to open one even if ye keep one in this forum, though as someone pointed out, this was already done a few years back and it wasn't exactly a hive of activity.

Businesses, organisations etc. can benefit from an outside view of those who can approach issues from a detached point of view with no agenda or baggage. Nothing to fear in GAA we have been assured that the Moderators are quite good.

Commercials and Moyle Rovers two Clponmel teams played in this years County Football Final. Not too many people are going to look for Clonmel in the Mid West.

Same for next Sunday in the Munster Club Football competition not a geek about it inTipp GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I didn't realise non Tipp people could vote,only Tipp people should decide where their own GAA forum should go in fairness.

I am sure you mean Tipp supporters...............................we could do with some more support from the weaker counties,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,we all know that there are plenty of anti Tipp people around but I also know that there are lots of people from all parts of Ireland who will come to Croke Park just to see Tipp playing.

Thought id give this thread a bump with the voting ending soon

• Advertisement

The chart used to tell us how many people had voted?

It was more than the number of people who actually use the forum...hahaha

Advertisement