Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC'15 Semi-Final 1: South Africa vs New Zealand, Sat 24/10 16:00

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

NZ by 15+ for me.
    The only thing that could prevent NZ from winning comfortably today is their nerve imo.
    Although in fairness they tend to save those performances for WC finals!!

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

There are such fantastic match ups all over the park. It truly will be a great test match no matter what the conditions. I can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I think NZ will win comfortably enough by more than one try. I hope its tight but SA haven't impressed me much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭QuinDixie

new zealand could win by 20+.
    Not impressed by south africa in this world cup, to have any chance today the South africa 10,12,13 are going to have really step up. could happen, but tough on such young inexperienced men to make that contribution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭Sunflower 27

efb wrote: »
    Come on New Zealand!!!

Does anyone like RSA???

I do. I will be screaming for them today. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭subfreq

Jerome Garces has the whistle today and one thing jumped out to me last week when he was in charge of Ire v Arg. He was absolutely silent at the breakdown. No direction for the players on the contest or when to release and it was a bit of a free for all.

Barnes and Owens give a commentary of what they are seeing and it helps teams settle into a timing and his expectations.

If Garces is silent in this area again Sir Richie will have a field day. Could be a vital element that helps define proceedings this afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭nehe milner skudder

subfreq wrote: »
    Jerome Garces has the whistle today and one thing jumped out to me last week when he was in charge of Ire v Arg. He was absolutely silent at the breakdown. No direction for the players on the contest or when to release and it was a bit of a free for all.

Barnes and Owens give a commentary of what they are seeing and it helps teams settle into a timing and his expectations.

If Garces is silent in this area again Sir Richie will have a field day. Could be a vital element that helps define proceedings this afternoon.
    He is the naughtiest 7 in the world. No other flankers give away penalties. He should be kicked out of the game to be honest .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭crisco10

Indeed. Was in Cardiff for both matches last week, and the difference on ref link was marked. May as well have not bothered for garces.

Don't think I'll ever tire of the backhanded compliments of Captain Fantastic Sir Richie being the greatest cheat in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

I haven't seen enough from SA to suggest they'll be in the final. Hopefully we'll see a massive improvement from them to make a game of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

Form wise it's New Zealand . A peripheral thing for me is going to be the casualty count and getting a look at the depth of talent and who's next on the AB conveyor belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭subfreq

He is the naughtiest 7 in the world. No other flankers give away penalties. He should be kicked out of the game to be honest .

Actually it was meant as praise, certainly not a dig. I think it is a safe assumption that McCaw could run riot today. I would say the same for Pocock who slides into rucks at a 90 degree angle and somehow gets a compliment for it.

The best jackals in the game play right at the edge of the laws and get away with it.

If the ref isn't going to give solid direction it hands the advantage to who ever is best at the dark arts and no one can doubt Richie McCaw is the master.

Actually it was meant as praise, certainly not a dig. I think it is a safe assumption that McCaw could run riot today. I would say the same for Pocock who slides into rucks at a 90 degree angle and somehow gets a compliment for it.

The best jackals in the game play right at the edge of the laws and get away with it.

If the ref isn't going to give solid direction it hands the advantage to who ever is best at the dark arts and no one can doubt Richie McCaw is the master.

Of course it's a dig. It's a way of saying something positive about a player, but meaning something negative.

Regardless, I don't think what you're saying holds true. I would prefer Nigel Owens to be the ref, just because I rate him as a better ref. What a ref says the players should be doing doesn't matter. What the ref actually penalises them for does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

crisco10 wrote: »
    Indeed. Was in Cardiff for both matches last week, and the difference on ref link was marked. May as well have not bothered for garces.

Same agreed! I thought my ref link wasn't working a few times lol

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Looking forward to this one. NZ won't have had a test like this for a while but I can't see past a NZ win by 10 or more. If SA can take them on around the fringes like Argentina did they could cause problems, but I don't see enough of a scoring threat there to outscore NZ. Let's hope it's a cracking game, whoever wins!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Shane Jennings has really grown in to a good contributor over the course of the world cup..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I think NZ will win this comfortably in the end but it'll be tight for a good while.

I see TV3 finally invested in a big screen for their analysts. Better late than never, I suppose.

The ads and Matt Cooper's voice.. Two things i wont miss when this world cup is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

The intensity and hits in this match are going to be phenomenal. Going to be some fierce battles out on that field.

Going to go with New Zealand by 8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

SA in a thriller

The ads and Matt Cooper's voice.. Two things i wont miss when this world cup is over.

Or choirs ruining the anthems...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Ah jaysis, Ole ole ole during the hakka.....

We've hit peak paddywhackery....

RSA outnumber the Kiwis it seems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Who'll be the first to complain about the Olè Olè?

Edit, Neil, come to the front desk for your prize.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I can't see anything but a 15 points win for New Zealand unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Who'll be the first to complain about the Olè Olè?

2 posts above

Neil3030 wrote: »

Was that Ole, ole, ole???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Neil3030 wrote: »

South Africans always do the Ole Ole at their home games.

• Advertisement

Seems they've even included playing the ball off your feet at the start of the Haka now, especially for Richie McCaw..

Advertisement