Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray Darcy TV show. Saturday 17th Oct 2015

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

My God, it was unwatchable. Luckily enough Jonathan Ross was on UTV, which is on the saorview. He's annoying but at least you'd get a laugh. Ray, very simply, is not fit for purpose. This will go the way of Nicky Byrnes lottery thing......cancelled....& bring back the fella who was doing a great job before

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Elbow dancing was suppose to be the comedy section, it was dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Icsics wrote: »
    My God, it was unwatchable. Luckily enough Jonathan Ross was on UTV, which is on the saorview. He's annoying but at least you'd get a laugh. Ray, very simply, is not fit for purpose. This will go the way of Nicky Byrnes lottery thing......cancelled....& bring back the fella who was doing a great job before

Have they not wheeled Nicky Byrne out to do another different show, he's worse than a referendum, RTE will keep going back to the public with him until he's accepted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Jacket a bit tight for you, Ray.

Does anyone remember Norman Wisdom?

Hapless, incompetent, suit far too small?

Remind you of anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 72,207 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

wil wrote: »
    RTE seem to have set the bar pretty low tonight.

Channel 5 (it's on freesat) currently showing "The best of Bad TV - the 00s"
    It's all pure class compared to this effort.

Meanwhile, Channel 4 had 'It Was Alright In The 90's' which showed this gem from the Late Late Show... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

just catching up now....les battersby ....testicles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

RobertKK wrote: »
    Elbow dancing was suppose to be the comedy section, it was dreadful.

pure cringe the bits i watched were dreadful. a new low.

Darcy laughing all the way to the bank I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Alex Meier

Meanwhile, Channel 4 had 'It Was Alright In The 90's' which showed this gem from the Late Late Show... :D

Ha Ha. . . What did I do wrong? - That's exactly what I was thinking last night watching Darcy whilst nursing a flu.

That video . . . Very useful advice from those DJs at the end: "Rape is wrong"

Almost worth the entire licence fee on its own that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

My first attempt at watching last night, and my last. Cringed all through the Bruce/ Les interview. Enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

So Roz Purcell....
    .............. Imagine being Brezzie and having to put up with her all day! Thank god she has beauty!

I nearly prefer bitter, atheist Darcy...... At least he isn't over trying to be funny and likeable with his silly, hide behind the couch, stories about dancing with his son or a nonsensical completely random press up competito. Especially when they weren't press ups.

I would have loved to see RTE either keep O Connor or lure Moncrief (he hates RTE however).

Darcy just seems to over think things and is far too opinionated and easily offended to conduct interviews anymore I think. He seems to take himself too seriously. That's why the "comedy" sketches just don't work.

I do believe that the best entertainmrnt show hosts are able to make the show about their own personalities in a way. Graham Norton, Wossy, Gay Byrne, Conan, even surprisingly James Corden. Failing that if they know their limits personlaity wise don't impose your opinions or personal feelings on an issue in an interview. Even a sigh or a I don't agree with that immediately changes the atmosphere between the interviewee and the interviewer.

Sadly Darcy doesn't fall into the personable category and he is far too opinionated to not impose his own serious views during an interview so it doesn't work.

Is it a coincidence his presenting style went a bit downhill after he shacked up and became a family man....!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Alex Meier

Is it a coincidence his presenting style went a bit downhill after he shacked up and became a family man....!

He hasn't got it for TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

We need an Alan Carr for Saturday night.
    Dump all serious topics.

I don't know why RTE goes for misery all the time, do they have special deals with psychiatrists and psychologists and hope to drive people close to the edge over it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

We need an Alan Carr for Saturday night.
    Dump all serious topics.

I don't know why RTE goes for misery all the time, do they have special deals with psychiatrists and psychologists and hope to drive people close to the edge over it?
    I think Irish people love misery.

That's the only explanation I can come up with looking at the huge ratings of programmes about misery:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,491 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    Darcy laughing all the way to the bank I suppose

Frowning all the way to the bank more like it. Miserable git.
    He isn't cut out for television, he was a miserable git on the den, the only thing that seemed to work for him was blackboard jungle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

+1

Totally agree, posted similar on the whineline thread a long time ago, asking when will a mental health professional with balls stand up and call RTE out on this?
    RTEs level of and endless discussion of depression is causing deaths

The only ones that disagree are charities that financially benefit from the endless churning of misery from RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I reckon Les Battersby got the call to go on the show and rang his old show biz mates to tell them, and they informed him "oh they do it differently over there, just spill your guts out about your breakdown, that's irish entertainment"

Advertisement